The Samurai by JohnMH

After a bit of work on this class, I have finally come to the final version of the product. Tweaks have been made to stats, buffs and nerfs have been made, and tweaks have been made to abilities as well.

So, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you…

The Samurai. (Formerly The Shogun.)

For the main area for suggestions, go here:
Link

The Shogun (Community-Built Class)
The Shogun (Community-Built Class)

Is this gonna be the new lel xd ppe btw?

Wow… just wow. This is REALLY GOOD!! I would love to see this as the new class :smiley: Sprites are beautiful and the ability is a good idea, although group armoring could be problematic, but i like the idea as a whole. The Shogun/Samurai idea has been passed around the forum, but i like this one the best. Nice job dude!

Glad to hear that you like the idea! Starting out as a poll sure brought this quite a ways, huh?

For the group Defense bonus, what’s problematic of it? It’s definitely a different take on the idea of support, and it’s much more beneficial for Robe classes than it would be for Armor classes, making it so it doesn’t over-glorify the Armor classes and gives the squishy classes a better chance.
The main reason behind it being harder to be effective would be how it has extremely low range, making it a smaller range of influence and more strategic to use for support.

I like the idea but it would make more sense for the class to be called Samurai tbh because a shogun is more of a title than a type of fighter.

Also, this is isn’t really important, but image
Maybe call the ST set something less confusing.

That does make sense. Shogun sounds much more tanky, but Samurai definitely fits, so I’ll change it to that like, right now.

Also, would Bringer of Light work better?

How about Seinaru senshi? Its holy warrior in japanese. The Seinaru Senshi ST Set
Hikari no sukuinushi is Bringer of Light, but thats kinda long.
Hikari no senshi is Warrior of light, which is personally my favorite

Updated it based on that. Thanks!

The last thing we need is another heavy armor class.

What about making this class a monk? then you could justify the use of a robe, instead of heavy armor, and then the group armoring would be more suited for the class. It could be like the Shaolin Monk or something. Just an idea based off what @Ickabod said, cuz another heavy armor class would be a bit much. Maybe extend the range of the armored just a little bit.

I would change the drop location for some of the UTs, MBC has many drops already and Horrific creation is getting an ST set soon.

@Ickabod @MarchStar I’ve already made a class that uses Katanas and Robes, so I wanted to make this to differentiate from that in what it wears. It also fits this class more than it would a monk, simply due to the fact that monks are more commonly known to not use weapons, whereas this does use them and the armor. (Also, March, the Wisdom modifier extends their range a decent amount after a while.)

@HorusKane There aren’t really locations for them to drop outside of where I have them listed, mainly due to the fact that they are made to fit with where they drop. The idea behind them also reflects this.

They’re cool, but I personally don’t think any boss should drop 5 whites (void excluded bcuz final boss)

Yes, but those are low-level dungeons with terrible drops (other than puri) plus they aren’t whitebags, and this will presumably be a whitebag drop. @JohnMH

I’m not really trying to ‘un-legitamize’ it, I’m just concerned about concentrating too many items into one boss. Like I’ve said before, this idea is really cool, but concentrating too many items on one boss could have some unintended side-effects, such as whites/ double whites ending up becoming common from it. @JohnMH

That’s fine, I’m just putting forth my worries, it’s your idea so do whatever you want with it, but if you do end up seeing a better way to implement it, then do it. Maybe you could change it up a bit or even add a new UT headpiece and have it drop from Oryx, as that’s something I would love to see happen for Oryx. (do I need to tag you each time? lul) @JohnMH

Ah… didn’t see that lmao
Well… i didn’t see that this was the result of the community class. In that sense, then you hit the nail right of the head.

I mean, Manor of the Immortals has a set and an additional UT, as well as a unique consumable, and it’s an easy dungeon. The Forbidden Jungle and Magic Woods are similar, with a full set and a consumable.

The Marble Colossus isn’t all too unique for its drop tables in comparison to the Void Entity, due to the fact that it drops Tier 14 Armors which also drop from the Void Entity along with Tier 13 Weapons.

@HorusKane The difficulty of the dungeon reflects on its drops, outside of maybe the Undead Lair and the Doom Bow. There isn’t really any reason to un-legitimize it because it drops too many items already when it’s a very versatile boss. I can say that for Mechanical Generator, though, I placed it there due to the Creation only having one White Bag drop as it is, whereas Dr. Terrible has two.

In the end, if different inspiration comes and there’s a way to transition the item to a different dungeon where it still makes sense aesthetically and functionally, then I’ll go through with it. I don’t see that there is that, though, so at the moment I’ll leave it as is.

Most ST sets are named after the enemy they were designed after like the Oryx set, Geb set, Skuld set, Golem set, Queen Bee set, etc. etc. Choose whatever name you think is good though.

Personally, I kinda wanted to break the trend like this breaks the trend. Go completely off the rails and all-or-nothing it, y’know?

Yeah, whatever you think! :smile:

ty for two special thanks! :grin: I really love this idea.