The Seeker Class

It has been a while since I have drafted any RotMG ideas (mostly because I burned out…)

Now, I am back with a class idea V0.9 (almost 1st draft, lacks animations and preliminary balancing) called

“The Seeker”

Now, before I go into more detail about the class, I will give a brief overview and purpose of the class.

The Seeker is a katana class with the same gear except for ability. The Seeker, instead of focusing on highly concentrated DPS like the ninja with high att, high DPS, and high DMG ability per hit, the Seeker instead focuses on using its high DPS and extremely high DEX as well as orbitals (to be explained further in the document) to deal more shots that make it easier to hit and more oriented toward dealing with crowds.

For more details, here is the Google Doc page of the class.

Feel free to give feedback; I really need criticism for balancing as the concept will be hard to balance. Criticism on sprites will be gladly accepted as I am the worst of the worst at spriting.

Under here will be the edit history and “tasks to be finished.” This will be updated as soon as possible.

This is a link that works for the owner only. Go to the share corner in the doc and get a shareable link and edit ur post pls.

fixed, tysm. (I don’t use google docs that much, lul)

tbh i just dont understand how the ability works

Why does everyone make that mistake?

I like the “combo” aspect.
The classic skin is very nice, if not too strange to be a classic skin.

Who needs samurai right?

I like the idea of 90 dex and 45 atk, but when you plug that in to the dps calculator you see that it has less dps than a regular ninja combined with a relatively bad ability. No speedy, no burst damage, just… less than half of your regular dps. Over time. With a high mana cost.
It’s also gonna be very slow. And bad against high def enemies.
9/10 for uniqueness
4/10 for a functional class
7/11 for sprites
All in all, needs a decent rework (mostly on the ability) but I can see it improving. Also, you kept referring to it as “Seamstress” in the doc.

My guess is that was his original name for the class.

Hello, definetly thumbs up from me, it is very cool idea, but 90 dex ??? It would be better if it is kept on 75, a bit higher att, maybe higher mp?(Because ninja is also uncommonly balanced class without having any top stats)
Speed can be 55 and maybe Deca will even accept to have 30 def on her? Because she is like support class and having defensive stats higher would be normal, also the vitality can be larger instead of defence :smiley:
I don´t judge or anything, I am fully for seeing this class in game :wink:

Name change at the end, and I am recovering from the flu right now, thank you for the notice, and fixed.

Anyways, the intent of my class was to sacrifice some of that potential on bosses for some strength against swarms, especially since the Seeker is fully capable of attacking boss while the orbital takes out other enemies. I will wait for others to add onto the DPS claim.

@CASTLEmen To answer your request too, the goal is to have the ability to attack multiple targets at once without them being stacked up instead of yet another class with weapons suited for bosses or clusters. Higher defense would trump the three main melee classes a little bit more than they should since it has the full capability to pierce.

I really like the idea. However, as noted, the dex is a bit abnormally high. Personally, I don’t think it should be able to go pass 80 for any class. The sprite also looks insanely similar to the trickster. Like most of the skins are similar but the seeker is way to close to the trickster

My problem with the crowd clearing idea is that the katana already has decent range and piercing for dealing with crowds.

the Seeker is fully capable of attacking boss while the orbital takes out other enemies

A class that also has capability for dealing with crowds in that manner is the assassin (low dps, DoT, doesn’t require any attention), and an assassin typically doesn’t just sit around and attack the boss while enemies are in the way, because the only time you’d be using an ability on enemies is if you wanted them dead fast and for a reason.
Imagine you’re sitting in O2 and there’s a horde of enemies blocking oryx, are you going to use your ability and then run in and hit the boss while everything is still alive yet slowly being killed?

Using the example of O2: Though the first phase requires the use of extra range from the orbital being in front of you (First use, extra range), which takes time, the final phase is an optimal example of what I am talking about. You can take down oryx with your main attack while the orbital takes care of any scarabs coming around.

I cannot do anything about that with classic skins, unfortunately, especially since I myself am not a sprite maker.

Though if you have a good interpretation of this class, feel free to make me one.

But the scarabs are not a problem for any character that uses something other than robes :confused:

How does the Orbitals move? How does orbit distance work?

T0: Cobalt Sphere
A polished and enchanted sphere of refined cobalt capable of redirecting energy.
MP Cost: 85
Duration: 3 seconds
Cooldown: 4.5 seconds
Orbitals: 1
Orbit Distance: 1
Damage: 35%
RoF: 50%
Aims at cursor

Orbit distance = radius, Orbital orbit is circular, Orbit time is the time to complete one circle.

@Silvaris not everyone has a godly pet to restore even the minor hp lost.

I was fine with a maxed uncommon and minor dodging skills as a wizard, as well as the sense to back up when I dropped below half hp.
Even if that was a valid use, can you list three or four other uses for it? Ones that aren’t obsolete if you have a

1. extra range from the orbital artificially giving you “orbit range” to your shot.
  2. extra DPS, probably most obvious
  3. off-center shooting (given enough orbital range to shoot around obstacles) to allow incredibly safe damage behind obstacles (especially helpful in fights like tomb, O1)

and i could go into the UT uses too

Keep in mind, however, that the knight special only has one, constantly diminishing ability focused on mass damage and stunning. (since more enemies are becoming stun immune)

Okay, decent points there, but I still think the class would be the least used:
Pros

• shoot out katana lasers
  • slightly increased range and maneuverability due to ability (but still not great because of comparatively low dps)
  • lack of attention required with ability and weak monsters

Cons

• lower dps than counterpart
  • slow speed and more DoT that requires you to be in the same area with enemies for longer, increasing chances of death
  • “trades” off speed for wisdom yet wisdom is the same as a normal ninja
  • an ability that does nothing but do damage yet does it poorly compared to wizard, for example, with 2k burst for a cheaper mana cost