The Sage- A Class Idea by Atrapper

A special rework. A mix between assassin and huntress? Like the circle would go to where your cursor is, but like the assassin, whenever mob went in the circle, it would take damage overtime, but if it went out of the circle, it would not take damage?

Great idea! Really like the effort and thought put into this. But, there are some errors that I would like to point out.

#BIG MISTAKE WTF R U DOIN:

This is a screenshot of a picture from your google doc. It is COMPLETELY incorrect, as the poison scorpion only has 10 hp, as show here: https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/poison-scorpion
AND that the aura is dealing 100 dmg, which is not shown in ANY prism other than Purity and Eye of Midas. But that aura has approx 1.5 tiles range, which is not shown in EITHER UT stone. Get your shit together, man.

Ok forreal tho
#Cons:
The document does not state that if the aura when you active the ability follow you (as like surround you when you walk), or is stationary. If not, make a UT that can follow you since I think it’ll be kewl :slight_smile:
Edit: Oops I read the document more throughly… Well, does it follow you until it touches an enemy or does it just stay there? And I still support my UT idea.
Light is worse than Purity. Balance them out. Make light deal more damage.
I don’t know, but the mp cost just feels stupidly high.
You didn’t specify if the damage is reduced by enemy armor is does piercing. If not, add a UT that does since I think it’ll be kewl :slight_smile:

#Pros:
The class is well balanced.
I like how you gave the oryx effigy and the statues whites.
I like how you added T7 and T8 abilities JIC if DECA wants to continue adding tiers.
Your UTs have amazing ideas

#Neutral:
The abilities look too much like the potato ;-;
Purity has a small yellow core like the garnet statue. I like that. But, I think the UTs should have a little more diversity in sprite rather than just a change of color. For example, the ogmur has a different base and look than just a symbol change on tiered shields.

Good job, keep up the good work!

Decker plz add

Not bad…the class seems pretty good (not completely OP and stuff). The maximum tier for abilities is 6, but your tier 7 and 8 stones are really impressive. The same goes for the UT ones. I also think the idea of doing these stuff to a wand class is kind of cool. Overall, this is a class that I tend to admire - it’s a creative class, not a knockoff of another idea. Well done!

Currently, it does that, but at the player’s feet.

I think that’s the absolutely most egregious thing I’ve done in this post, hands down.

I need to clarify that better. When you use the ability, it stays were you place it; it doesn’t follow you.

I plan to change them both quite a bit.

It’s about the same as a scepter.

Another thing I should’ve been more clear about: yes, it ignores enemy Defense.

To all of these, thanks!

Seeing as these are aesthetic, I won’t comment on this; I don’t focus on the art in my ideas.

Thanks! Will do!

Thanks!

@Atrapper oh! I also had another question.
For the damage, is there a universal tick rate or do enemies that walk into the range have a different tick rate? To explain it another way, is the damage tick and the start/end tick the same or the start/end ticks and the damage tick separate?
For example:
Let’s say pressing space bar in radius is t 0 (t is time)
Enemies that are already in that range when t is 0 take damage at t=1, t=2, and so forth.
However, let’s say that an enemy walks into that range at t=1.3. Does this enemy take damage at 1.3, 2.3 and onward? Or, does it not immediately take damage but instead take damage at t=2 and onward?

And yet another question:
How does Petrify-immunities work? Do Stun immune but Paralysis susceptible bosses experience only paralysis? Vice versa? Which bosses and enemies should be petrify-immune? Stasis immunities too? Let’s do some more digging! :cookie:

The universal tick rate is 0.2 seconds, so technically, the enemy would take 1/5th of the stone’s DPS per tick.

Pretty much all bosses that are Stun- or Paralyze-Immune would be Petrify-Immune.

The only problem I see is the difficulty to land on many bosses effectively. (Particularly LOD and LH’s bosses. To get within 5 tiles of the colo and void with a robe of defense, can mean eminent death. With the Lair of draconis black drag will be on a quest to pop this class during its invisible phase.

P.S. still sad you considered my spooky boi post a shit post <3

T8 Spacebar wait what?
Maybe sometime will be add but, why deca will add this class? Something new i like.

Whew, are you wrong…

no, efficiency of shots fired:shots hit:time passed.

I like the idea of tampering with the ability a bit. Since it’s a robe class and requires close proximity for ability to useful how about something along the lines of armored and damaging aura? By damaging aura I don’t mean damaging in the way of other classes but a certain proximity around the character enemies either take more damage from hits, or take steady damage from the aura itself

So something like the Marble Seal, but around the player and with damage from the AoE?
I like the idea, and it could be used for a UT.

Exactly!

That is what I am saying. It just seems more practical to use something that I can used from ranged, like a poison, especially when you are putting a melee effect on a ranged (robed) class.

Which spooki boi post are you referring to haha. Link it xD

Find me 10 good players that actually use bulwark for anything other than chest. Bulwark is absolutely terrible in almost every situation.

Find me 50 that use void blade (since void blade at least has SOME value, like in tombs).

That is only helpful if you have piercing. If you don’t, it would be the same effect as paralyzing. In effect, it might even be worse, since if the thing you want to hit is hidden behind the hit-box of something else you drew to the center, then you are just wasting your shots on something that you didn’t want to hit in the first place.

If you DO have piercing, that is a different story, since you can land multiple shots on multiple targets all at once; however, my response to this point is that I think making an ability that only benefits weapons and abilities that pierce is really dumb.

Update

I’ve listened to feedback and have changed the ability so that it triggers on the cursor, rather than on the player. Additionally, I changed the name to “Sage” due to the Mystic’s Seer skin (thanks @Dappertron for the name!). I also made some balancing changes with the UT’s. Check the changelog for more info!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.