The Seer: New Class Idea

HA, YES, I’M BACK WITH ANOTHER CLASS! Another class that sucks? I’ll let you guys be the judge of that. A LOT of other class ideas (and I mean a LOT) have been named the same as this. However, this is what I made under the name of the Seer:

So the Seer is…unique, you might say. She wields a wand (uh-huh), wears a robe (mhm…), and obviously has a ring slot as well (ho-ho). But her ability, the crystal, is special, for it lets the user see far away. I WOULD have named it the orb, but the mystic took that, so…yeah. I’ll explain everything, but first, let’s organize this in a more official way:

Seer

A magician skilled at using supernatural senses to foresee the unknown.

The Seer fights with a wand and uses her magical crystal to see further.

Initial Stats
HP: 100
MP: 100
ATT: 10
DEF: 0
SPD: 12
DEX: 12
VIT: 10
WIS: 15

Average at Lvl 20
HP: 575
MP: 290
ATT: 35
DEF: 0
SPD: 45
DEX: 30
VIT: 40
WIS: 40

Base Stat Cap
HP: 670
MP: 385
ATT: 60
DEF: 25
SPD: 65
DEX: 50
VIT: 75
WIS: 60

Now we reach the part where I explain the stats and everything. The HP, MP, and DEF make sense because all other robe classes have the same amount. The ATT and DEX of the Seer are quite similar to the ATT and DEX of the Mystic. The 65 SPD makes the Seer the fastest robe class in-game, and the 75 VIT makes her one of the fastest healing. Its 60 WIS balances the class out for she is not dependent of her ability.

The Seer’s ability, the Crystal, like I said before is very unique. When I said that the user could see further, I didn’t mean that the screen would zoom out. Here’s a screenshot that will help my explaining. Pretend the Wizard is the Seer.

55%20PM

See that red dot? Let’s say that’s the cursor. If you press spacebar, what happens? No, not a Spell Bomb. I said that the Wizard is now a Seer. Pay attention. The camera will drift towards the area of the cursor until the cursor location is in the center of the camera. If you’re familiar with Diep.io, it’s pretty much the Predator Tank, but all you have to do is move your cursor, not right-click.

But see, that’s not the end of it. The amazing thing about this ability is that you can keep on moving you cursor up, making the camera continuously move until you’re pretty much in sniper range. And you’re now probably like, “That’s too OP.” But it’s not, because there’s a range to the Crystal, AND there’s a duration. Once the duration is over, the camera immediately switches back to the user. The range and duration depend on the abilities tier.

NOTE: When a Crystal is activated, the range of the user’s wand increases to the range of the Crystal.

So here are the Crystal tiers:

Seer Crystal

A magical crystal of seeing the unknown.

Tier: 0 (Starter)
MP Cost: 65
Duration: 3 sec
Range: 10 tiles

Magical Crystal

A crystal that can see further and retain its power longer.
Tier: 1
MP Cost: 75
Duration: 4 sec
Range: 12 tiles

Fortune Crystal

An item that is believed to foresee fortune of the user.
Tier: 2
MP Cost: 80
Duration: 5 sec
Range: 14 tiles

Plasma Crystal

A plasma ball that is filled with power and fortune.
Tier: 3
MP Cost: 85
Duration: 6 sec
Range: 15

Time Crystal

A crystal capable believed to be able to shift time.
Tier: 4
MP Cost: 95
Duration: 7 sec
Range: 17
Stat Bonuses: +2 DEX

Space Crystal

A powerful item containing dark energy.
Tier: 5
MP Cost: 105
Duration: 8 sec
Range: 20
Stat Bonuses: +4 DEX

Crystal of Knowledge

A godly crystal of futuristic knowledge and mythical energy.
Tier: 6
MP Cost: 105
Duration: 8 sec
Range: 20
Stat Bonuses: +5 ATT, +4 DEX

Heart of Satan

Within it is fire blazing with such power that its flames never turn to ember.
Tier: UT
MP Cost: 100
Duration: 4 sec
Range: 8
Effect: Damages enemies within 4 tile radius
Damage: 250-500 (average: 375)
Stat Bonuses: +5 ATT

(I’ll replace the UT sprite with something better, but for now that’ll have to do. I’ll also be adding more UTs as I go.)

Remember, this is just the most basic test of the class. Some of the sprites may look ugly, the stats may be OP or underpowered, and the idea itself may just be plain confusing. So. Is this ability completely useless? Is the class unbalanced? Lemme know and I’ll fix it as best as I can!

Some polls to help me understand this idea’s issues:

Are the T0 and T1 Crystals too similar?

• Yes, change one of them.
  • No, it’s fine.

0 voters

Are the Crystals too OP or underpowered?

• OP
  • UP
  • Just right

0 voters

THANKS FOR READING!

no.
no.

It seems cool I guess

The actual character sprite is weird
The abilities are a bit over shaded imo

I feel like the ability is too situational like it’s not very practical or useful

Okay so then what’s the point of this? The only benefit of the extra range would be seeing things… but does it matter if you can see something from that far away? I spend all my pots to 8/8 a seer so I can see how many skulls are surrounding a skull shrine without hurting myself???

I feel like the novelty of the idea got over you, maybe if you made the center of the cursor do damage or something, but quite frankly your weapons are constrained to your current field of view, which is all you really need to hit stuff. Also it’s pretty dangerous to not be able to see your character, so you could only use it when you’re safe.

You can see further but what happens with the range of your weapon?

No offense but I believe this is mostly useless. Chances are you would want to use this to see what is ahead of you, not behind you, right? Well the black tiles that appear behind a wall before you round the corner were put into place because of a hack that allows you to see the entire map. Before the black tiles were added, a trickster or rogue could skip half a dungeon my teleporting over the wall into an area which wasn’t traveled upon yet. Now, since you cannot teleport onto these black tiles, the hack can no longer be used to skip rooms and can only be used for determining the correct path to take. Needless to say this will not be removed until the hack can be patched.
If you want your ability to be able to uncover the tiles, there is only one way that I see to make this possible, based on what I kbow about coding and how rotmg is coded. The mouse would take the place of the player, alowing it to uncover tiles when moving. This would remove the characters entity, leaving him invulnerable. The character would not attract enemies because it is no longer there. Basically its like pausing. But wait! Since the player is now positioned on the mouse, it attracts enemies toward the mouse position. This can be used to attract enemies and their shots toward other players. If the ability granted the player invisibility there would still be a few enemies which could target it.
Additionally, this ability would force DECA to adjust the controls to follow the mouse. This is very simple, as it only relies on a single line of code in most languages. But with lag, this could cause problems. When the player first presses space, the crystal would be momentarily moved using WASD. Big whoop. But when the ability deactivates, if lag is present the player would be controlled by the mouse, causing it to instantly teleport to wherever the mouse is on the screen. This can lead to either an unfortunate death or an exploit for rushing.
Tbh i could be wrong about everything I said because I have no experience with XML. This is just based off my knowledge of the game, knowledge on coding in general and a few specific languages, and a lot of complicated logic. Dont let this stop you from continuing this idea. Instead use it to modify the ability. If you wish to code your own character (which I doubt as nobody ever does) those are some obstacles you may beed to overcome.
TLDR: I just spent like 15 minutes typing some shit that im not even sure about

Looks like a female necro tbh

OH, that’s actually a great idea! I’ll make it so that you CAN snipe monsters far away. That way, the ability can actually be useful.

Solution, make the ability split the player character into two so that you are two places at once, the ability version being where the cursor is and is invisible and cannot be shot (like the entity in the center of a pentaract) thus the black tiles act like you are there and let you see

@Novachiz Is pretty much my exact response to this: It’s a terrible idea. anyway, why do people still think that it’s a good idea to model a character and their abilities/functions around a skin for the mystic…? She has a skin that’s literally just called “Seer.” Also why does the t5 “crystal” jump from +4 dex to +4 Dex and +5 attack. This is actually a really big boost in dps, only 1 att and 2 dex off from giving the dps boost of a crown which is (debatably) one of the rarest whites in the game. Also toggle centering would be pretty much rendered useless on this class.

How about… No? Where’s the fun or challenge in a perma death game in which you never die because you’re 30 tiles away dealing damage but you never die because you literally can’t get hit?

edit: Forgot to add that it would involve changing the weapon so the ability would have no effect either way. Unless it really is as bad as I though, where you’d just open up a f*cking portal and shoot through it and the shot would somehow tp to the enemy or whatever. But that’s an even worse idea because that would take forever to code and would frankly just not be worth it. Iirc the only “actual” teleporting besides clicking on a player and ‘teleport,’ would be in Santa’s Workshop where you stand on the platform and get tp’d to the building with the 3 rooms you have to clear.

It would be helpful in lhs I’ll tell u that

I was going to get onto that :smile:

Yes you can see further but it’s not exactly useful unless you can use your weaponat at least a slightly increased range.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.