The Shogun (Community-Built Class)

I think that that idea is something that should be applied for all “When Key Held” effects in the future, personally. That would give more strategy to the classes that use it than just “get good pet, hold down spacebar, win”.

And personally, this has far less Defense than Knight can unless you do hold down the effect, where it’ll be only a bit higher when constantly using a Tier 6. If you have the same set for both Knight and Shogun based on the tier, being WC tops and a Ub Def, then this is what you come out with:
Knight:

• Colossus, 12 Defense
  • Acrop, 24 Defense
  • Ub Def, 9 Defense
  • Max Def, 40 Defense
  • 85 Defense total

Shogun:

• Majesty, 22 Defense when holding spacebar
  • Acrop, 24 Defense
  • Ub Def, 9 Defense
  • Max Def, 30 Defense
  • 85 Defense total

If you count UTs into this equation to allow for maximum Defense, Knight will gain 2 more Defense with Ogmur and both can gain 6 more Defense with CC. This will make Knight have 93 instead of 85, and Shogun will only get 91.

You have to play a specific way for this to truly be anywhere near what Knight is, and honestly, Knight has far more practical uses. It has far greater DPS, has an ability that can Stun enemies consistently(since Crusader’s Pendant can only give 1.5 Seconds of Stunned per 10 Seconds and 0.4 Seconds of Stunned per 2 Seconds, which isn’t as consistent) and is generally not reliant on severe strategy to work.
This isn’t to say Shogun doesn’t have its benefits, or Knight has no downsides. Shogun’s activated effect can block incoming shots for a certain amount of time which can be very helpful, with UTs giving different perspectives on the idea of the “shield” as well, it has a larger range, and it can supply others with Defense. Shogun lacks in DPS and consistent abilities what Knight has, with Shogun’s ability even having a major risk due to piercing shots still making it through and all. Knight has an issue with enemies that are Stun Immune, which is far less than enemies that have Piercing shots. Hell, mid-level dungeons have it everywhere.

Overall, I can see where you’re coming from with this, but it’s thought out enough in my opinion to where it’s not considerably OP when you take into account all the factors. It’s a more Defense-oriented class that uses Katanas as opposed to having high DPS like Ninja, while also being support for those that need it in a way that’s unique.

No

It’d help if you gave reasons why you say that.

Just saying.

There’s no downsides to holding the key down, and you can keep it up forever with a decent mp heal pet without the change I mentioned. Any comparisons must be done with that in mind and it’s effectively the same defense as a knight.

Effectively, yes. If the idea of not being able to regenerate MP while holding the Key down(since apparently some people don’t use spacebar), it’d be much more different. In the current state it’s like, it effectively is, so I still see where you’re coming from there.

“decent” = 72 mheal I believe? Isn’t that what it is for the 10mp drain on ninja?

Maybe make it where if you were to release the space bar it dazes you or armor breaks you for a short duration?

Or just mp drain could be more intense.

Even a mere 70 mp heal restores 8.7 mana a second. It takes so long to run dry that the cost is pointless just with a max rare.

A more intense mp drain would give too much of an advantage towards people with extremely strong pets. Ninja was designed without pets in mind anyways (you don’t regen MP from wisdom).

Just saying the requirements for a perma buff

Edit:
Added Mechanical Generator as a new UT. (And considering making an ST set for the class, w/o the skin.)

Alright, you’ve started making good ideas!
Joking aside, I really do like this class suggestion. And trust me, very rarely do I get impressed like this.
My only suggestions and questions:
Is this Class’s Armor Heavy Armor or Leather Armor? Because if the HP cap for a Leather Armor is 770, I’d be a bit baffled.
Is defense going to be reduced? I understand that it’s a Heavy Armor class, but don’t forget that the Warrior’s max def stat is 25, meaning that if another Heavy Armor was added that did NOT follow this type of scenario, then it would make Warrior stick out like a sore thumb. Granted, Warrior’s def is easily corrected by his abilities, but still.
Now, how do these “shields” work? Similar to like an enemy who has rotating orbs (like Lumoz for example)? And they aren’t healable, correct?
Can the health of the shields be reduced? Starting off with 500 HP per shield with +4/5/6 for every 5 wis past 40 is still too much. I’d say 350 as the lowest HP would be better.

• They wear Heavy Armor, as dictated by the poll.
  • The Defense is as is since it has far less DPS than Knight or Paladin, and its ability does not give Defense on equip. I may make it 25 to make it fairer, but that’s up for question.
  • Shields will block incoming projectiles unless they are piercing(outside of the 4th UT), and will take the damage for you. Upon reaching 0 HP, they will be destroyed. The way they move is similar to the way that the Elementals move around the Forgotten King, just exactly one tile away at all times(outside of the 4th UT again). And no, they cannot be healed.
  • Shields have the amount of HP that they do mainly for the fact that starting off, they’re actually harder to control. They move much slower, so you’d have to constantly move yourself in the right position for them to actually do too much. They start to move quicker as time goes on with the higher tiers to make them progressively more useful in this aspect. Considering that the Tier 0 starts with 500 HP but only has 2 that are always parallel, I don’t think it’s too bad.

Well balanced, and the sprites are great. Quality work right here!

Not sure who to reply to but perhaps holding space could pet stasis you for the duration of the key press. This would completely cut out pet healing and give it a much higher risk/reward situation.

So basically a ninja that wears a knights armor and uses marks at a ability… I like it

Well, not exactly. This focuses on defending and support, having far less DPS. It having very high defense is a balance to the poor DPS. If it was as you described, it’d be ridiculous. xd

so basically not a ninja

Edit #2:
Added the Holy Warrior ST Set. (With no skin cuz I suck.)

And yet you released 5 different items in one day