The Shogun - JohnMH (Final, I promise)

Having the Totems blocking damage outweighs Defense Boost in situations where there’s too much damage to sustain yourself, but has a glaring hole: piercing.

The Defense Boost, on the other hand, outweighs the Totems in situations where you’d gain enough Defense to where it isn’t a super high risk in the first place, but also has a glaring hole: armor piercing.

Both of these are intentional, and fits into the idea of choosing which one you’re going to use.

I was mainly referring to Health, as that was the biggest point of concern. (Health vs Defense is a big thing, even still.) Healing definitely plays a factor in everything, too, but it’s unfair to compare the two when they’re drastically different in most regards.

Also, I won’t need to cover

as it was explained just a little bit above.

Oh, I definitely didn’t think you were suggesting 7. That’s ludicrous. But 4 tiles is… a lot for something that’s super strong if used correctly(but more importantly, effectively).

It’s also half of the uniqueness behind Crest of the Titan.

ALSO COVER THE UTS AND THE STS ALREADY DAMMIT

Just a bump, and a way to inform about the new skin I added. I’ll let you find which one it is.

Everyone when I post a bump instead of a meaningful post:

HEY GUYS I ADDED MORE SKINS

Also, @IExisted, you still haven’t done the UTs or STs. grr.

Crest of the Titan

Not sure how far away the totems rotate around the pillar, so depending on the distance the activated effect should be balanced with these stats. However, even if shots hit only two of the totems, they still have enough total HP to surpass a T6 while also having double the def. (1,440 UT vs 1,285 T6)
With this much bulkiness, having 5 less seconds than a T6 somewhat defeats the purpose of the effect. I like the shortened duration and higher MP cost, it lessens the amount of stuff that could be on your screen, so I’d suggest reducing both the totem health and the MP cost to work around that.

Here are some values that could work with the shorter duration without making the totems too weak and cheap to use, although you’d probably have to play around with it for something solid.
Totem HP: 550 (+15 for every 5 Wisdom past 40)
MP Cost: 120

The 18 def boost and 5 def bonus is fine, but I think the speed bonus should be decreased to -5 from -2. I recall the tiered Crests had a speed bonus which wouldn’t have been a noticeable difference, so having -5 speed instead could make this noticeable. (Also maintains the difference in speed before the speed bonus was removed from the tiered Crests)
I’d also suggest reducing the dex bonus to -5 for the same reason while increasing the dex boost to -10 to make up for this. This will result in the item having 2 more total dex, but I think that’s fair considering that the item will have 3 less dex whenever the held effect isn’t active.

The fame bonus, drop location, and bag type seems fine to me. I noticed that the UTs are missing feed power though, so you may want to consider including that.

Memento of the Warlord

It’s not explicitly stated, but because there is no health value I’ll assume it is indestructible and does not block any projectiles
I’ll compare this to a poison due to it functioning similar to one. (armor pierce + damage over time)
On its own, it’s expensive and unreliable versus moving targets. It would only make a notable difference if it were attacking a stationary/paralyzed target to guarantee damage, but I think

@JohnMH
This is where I left off when I expected to review it in a couple days. Dunno if these two are even done, I didn’t look at it since. I don’t remember exactly, but I’m guessing your opinion of the current state of RotMG had some influence on me suddenly not caring, or losing hope for the game, which in turn directly affected my care for the forums. Sorry for not providing a complete review, but I don’t think I want anything to do with the game anymore.

For forumers:
Only reason I’m saying this right now is because I remembered I said I would do this, then didn’t. That’s not like me, I don’t like empty promises.
If there is anything else I said I would do here on the forums, and hadn’t, then I’ll probably return to clear it up. Otherwise consider this my farewell. RotMG is no longer a game I love, whether it is because of where it is at now or because of me maturing, I don’t know, but I do know I can’t play or talk about it like I used to sadly.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.