The Soul Catcher Priest Set (Not ST set, would be items set like in Lost Halls)

Hello everyone! Welcome on my new topic, thanks for reading! (This part is introduction, fell free to skip if you dont care about it :smiley:
So, today, I wanna show you an idea of a Priest set I got (I imagined it all when I was pooping if you want details xD)
So well, this set is like 10% inspirated of Terraria, because I got the ā€œMoon Stoneā€ item name idea pretty much with Terraria. The new update also helped me with the Cultist Hideout, it gave me some bosses idea for the future (That I will never post because Iā€™m just too bad at this :slight_smile: )

The set items are very special items, that would be dropped from a bit harder bosses than Lost Halls so maybe it will seem a bit unbalanced, but donā€™t forget than you donā€™t drop a crown from a pcave (I mean than, for exemple, crown is pretty good because you drop it from a pretty?hardĀæ boss)

I want to excuse myself for bad english, but I think than even if its not perfect, it isā€¦ good enoughā€¦ for let us understand me.
For the items, I tried my best for shading and some shiet, tell me if its good :slight_smile:
This time Iā€™ll try to donā€™t be negative :smiley:

###Saleaty

Yea projectile is a bit bad but nvm ;p

During a long period of the history, this wand was used to torture prisonner by stealing their soul and feed the rest of the defetead demons to bring they back to life

####Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • Damage: 60 - 80 (Average: 70)
  • Range: 8
  • Projectile speed: 15
  • Lifetime: 700 milliseconds
  • Stat Bonus: None
  • Special properties: This wand have a ā€œspecial ability.ā€ It can ā€œstack souls.ā€ It basicly have 1 stacked soul, and cant go under this number of stacked souls. When you shot with this wand, it consume one soul. If you hit an ennemy, you win two souls. You can stack until 20 souls with the same ennemy, then you will only gain 1 soul per hit on him. You can stack a maximum of 100 souls Each souls stacked on the wand gives +0.983 damages to the wand. For exemple, GHZD is doing a mad lab with this wand. He reach the boss with 63 souls. His wand will have for basic damages [60 - 80 (70) +63 x 0.983 ā‰ˆ 132] so he will have 132 base damage, that can be boosted by attack, buffs, ennemy defense, ect. Then GHZD attack the boss, and do his 20 hits he will now have [60 - 80 (70) + 63 + 20 x 0.983 ā‰ˆ152] 152 base damages. Then there is the Dr. Terrible phase when he spawn monsters. GHZD stacks 100 souls on the wand. When you reach 100 souls, you got : Bersek for 2s, +30 bonus damage on the wand and your number of souls cant be less than 100 for 10s (after these 10s, the number of the wandā€™s souls go back to 1) So 100 souls = [70 + 30 + 100 x 0.983 ā‰ˆ 198] 200 BASE DAMAGES for 10s. 200 base damages seems and IS very op, but 10s is a pretty small moment. So? Did you understood how the wand works? If you donā€™t, do not hesite to ask a question in the comments, I wonā€™t eat you
    Possible nerf : Nerfing the +30 bonus damages to +15 bonus damages. Tell in the comment if you think this nerf is needed. Another possible nerf : a soul gives from 0.983 base damages to 0.976 base damages

With the 2 nerfs, the wand would reach ā‰ˆ 183 base damage for 10s (With 100 souls)
Note than this wand DO NOT shot multiples targets

• Fame Bonus: 6%
  • Feed Power: 900

####Drops From:

• Lunar Cultist (One of the new boss I imagine but will never be able to explain xD )
    White bag.

####More info
This itemā€™s name, Saleaty, is a way to say ā€œSoul Eaterā€, but I decided to call it Saleaty because it has more style, for me (tell your advice), and than another item of the set has Soul on his name.
Also sorry for the very long and probably not very smart explanations for the wand, but it is pretty hard to explain, hope you understand me :wink:

Next item of the set :

###Soul Stealer

A Priest with a tome use the Godsā€™ help to heal him and his matesā€¦ But this one is using the power of the demonsā€¦

####Stats:

• MP Cost: 100

• HP Cost: 50 (yes its stupid to use hp to heal yourself, but demons are not very cool bois D: )

• Party Heal : 40 HP (+0.62 per wis point) + Special ability healing (see below)

• Cooldown: 4s

• Range: 8

• Stat Bonus: -2 VIT -4 WIS +5 DEF +20 HP

• Special properties: This tome will heal +50 HP (+0.81 per wis point) per alive monster in a range of 9 tiles around the player. Exemple : if BTEL use this tome on a Priest with 83 WIS, in a room where there are 4 monsters, it will heal [50 + 0.81 x 83 x4 + (40 + 0.62 x 83) ā‰ˆ 410] 410 HP to him and his mate on 8 tiles around him.
    Hope you understood how it works, donā€™t hesite too to ask me questions about it in comments.

• Fame Bonus: 5%

• Feed Power: 1 000

####Drops From:

• Lunar Cultist too
    White bag.
    ####More info
    This idea may seems op, but the new dungeons are harder and harder, so people need better and better heals. Also, this is like a bit different way to play, this tome is not usefull everywhere, and, for me, it makes the game play a bit different :wink:

###Sacrifices Robe

A robe that wear the Lunar Cultist before giving an offering to his invocationā€¦ Wearing this make you feel very strongful

####Stats:

• Stat Bonus: +8 DEF +4 WIS +8 ATT
  • Special properties: When you got Pet Statis, a ā€œbackup petā€ spawns and heals you +30 HP and +15 MP every 2 seconds
  • Fame Bonus: 6%
  • Feed Power: 800

####Drops From:

• Lunar Cultist :smiley:
    White bag.

####More info
For me, a cultist would always have his robe to give offerings. The idea of the backup pet would be like than the (lets say God) to who you gives offering feel you are in danger then come to you to help you. The Lunar Cultist is venerating the Moon Dragon, so the ā€œthingā€ that could go help you is a mini Moon Dragon, like if your pet use a pet stone.

###Moon Stone

This item comes from the skin of Moonaraukz, the Moon Dragon, who is the Moon itself. If a normal human was trying to wear it, he would instantly be desintegrated from our world

####Stats:

• Stat Bonus: +6 DEF +40 MP +50 HP
  • Special properties: The playerā€™s damages are multiplicated by x1.15
  • Fame Bonus: 7%
  • Feed Power: 1 250

####Drops From:

• Moonaraukz (he get spawned by the Lunar Cultist, like the demons on the Cultist hideout, but each Cultist have his Dragon, unlike the cultists on their hideout that together have many demons)
    White bag.

####More info
For me, this would be one of the ultimate item. But note than in my mind, I imagine 3 Cultists ; Lunar Cultist and Solar Cultist, the two first bosses of the dungeon, then The Universe Cultist, anything like a final boss.
They all will have their set, but I at first wanna see if you liked this one. I made some polls if you are too lazy to comment, but it would be appreciate if you could comment and answer to the polls :smiley:

Did you liked the set overall :

• Yes
  • No
  • A bit

0 voters

Should I make the Solar and Universe Cultistsā€™ sets :

• Yes, it would be cool
  • No, this one was bad
  • I donā€™t loved this one, but I wanna see what are your ideas for Solar and Universe Cultists sets

0 voters

Finally, Which item(s) did you prefered?

• Saleaty
  • Soul Stealer
  • Sacrifices Robe
  • Moon Stone
  • None

0 voters

I also want you to tell me if the sprites are good, I put some efforts on it, tried to make the shading pretty good so that would be cool if you could rate the sprites and tell me why did you rated ā€œSaleaty : 14/20ā€ (for exemple)

UT: Ring Of Fleeting Presence

I appreciate the effort you can tell you worked hard but, special properties arenā€™t realistic to put in, they are cool but are too complicated, nice effort!

I know they are complicated but the fact they are complicated make them original :smiley: Btw thanks :slight_smile:

You requested, and I comply, itā€™s
#Review Time!
##Saleaty
###Sprite review
Weapon
The basic shape is quite interesting, but the chosen pattern is kinda confusing. I think it is mainly the two black pixels on the wand tip which confuses me. Besides that, I like the sprites moderately. Also, the name gives a childish nature. I actually prefer the Soul Eater compared to the Saleaty.
7/10 Could use some work, but quite decent!
Projectile
Creating a projectile sprite is surprisingly different from creating a weapon or character sprite. You should imagine creating an energy beam. It helps. As of right now, it looks like youā€™re flinging chipped off wand parts.
6/10 Could use a rework, but usable

###Idea review
Letā€™s boil it down; Questionably complex ability aside, what does this mean for the wand? It means that this wand is really good for people with high accuracy. Reaching 100 souls is pretty much a 50 hit requirement, 10 for every enemy. If you can use this with bosses which spawn at least 4 minions, you are hitting levels of damage which is never before seen on a wand class. My problem is just that the wand just by itself is so complex, and itā€™s so powerful with quite the requirement.

Honestly, Iā€™m not very excited by the idea behind this wand; I believe itā€™s too complex for its own good for the sake of ultimate DPS in a wand class. I doubt that this high of a DPS is very useful for wand classes, and I have my doubts that peepsā€™ accuracy is that high that this wand could be useful in a lot of situations.
5/10 Too complex for it to be interesting
UT Threat level 5, late game

##Soul Stealer
###Sprite Review
Itā€™s kinda similar to the Puri, and the shading is definitely overboard. As a random lurker said somewhere in the forums, gradation =/= shading. However, I do like the basic design.
7/10 similar to some others, but appealing nonetheless

###Idea review
Besides the HP Cost, I like the idea of healing allies based on the number of enemies around you. My question would be if thereā€™s a healing limit to the tome. Besides that, I donā€™t see the value of this item. You rarely need over 400 HP, and you can get it with a simple 2 use of your tome, for about 600 HP.
5.5/10 Unique concept, but not appealing
UT Threat level 3, Mid-game material

##Sacrifices Robe
###Sprite Review
I like the basic shape very much, as if itā€™s a better mad lab robe. If anything, I just think the overshading issue is also present here. I can not rate it too highly because of its similarity, though.
7/10 Interesting shape and color, but overshading and similarity issues
###Idea Review
Basically gives you a back-up recovery with pet-stasis. I have my doubts about having a semi-anti pet stasis, especially this way as a passive to an otherwise very underpowered robe. I sadly arenā€™t very excited with this idea.
5/10 Defeats or highly mitigates a status effect which otherwise is used to control the fighting pace.
UT Threat level 5, late game material

##Moon Stone
###Sprite review
ā€¦Iā€™m not very sure what Iā€™m looking at. The colors are also not very interesting.
4/10 Plain, and confusing
###Idea Review
6 defense, 80 MP, 60 HP, and basically 6.5 attack, with a little boost to ability damage for peeps who want to up their ability damage. Thatā€™s quite a lot of bonuses, which amounts to even better than bracer. Basically, OP and stepping on another UTā€™s foot.
https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/bracer-of-the-guardian
1/10 Poorly balanced, not very interesting
UT Threat level 7, end-game material

#Conclusion
Thereā€™s a lot of unique ideas here! Sadly, I just simply donā€™t like a lot of the balancing concept, save for the tome, which I also doubt would be useful.

I was waiting you so much ! :smiley: Finally your there :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, thatā€™s the principe of this wand. OP if you know how to use it. Donā€™t forget that when you reach 100 souls, you only have 10s of high DPS, then you go back to a like T8 wand.

Yea its complex, but a non-complex idea is rarely original. Its very complex but change a bit gameā€™s mechanics, and you cant always use it.

[quote=ā€œBaraBlazer, post:4, topic:16984ā€]
I doubt that this high of a DPS is very useful
[/quote]Its not very useful but gives out another way of playing, and give more reasons to the player to be accurate. Also, if you solo dungeons, it can be good, or like in WC, you stack out 98 souls and reach 100 when you are close to oryx. There would be a lot of mechanics with this wand.

Itā€™s kinda similar to the Puri
[/quote]When I was thinking out of the sprite, I did a mix with the puri and my imagination, and it make this. Not so similar to puri, but I was thinking of the puri when I made it

My question would be if thereā€™s a healing limit to the tome.
[/quote]The principe of the tome is to be useful only in some situations, like in the fight of the Void Entity.

Interesting shape and color, but overshading and similarity issues
[/quote]Yea, I maybe used shading too much, but for me, final result looks cool. And I donā€™t thought about Mad Robe when making it, its just pretty much same kind of colours.

about having a semi-anti pet stasis, especially this way as a passive to an otherwise very underpowered robe.
[/quote]The principe of this robe is to give you some attack and a semi anti pet statis as you said. Thatā€™s why the Moon Stone got good def stat. To complete the robe.

Iā€™m not very sure what Iā€™m looking at
[/quote]Yes. I know. But it was just so much hard to make it!!! You cant even know!! I had no imagination for the sprite, so I let my instinct do it. Finally not that horrible to me, but you are right, not looking much like a stone

Poorly balanced
[/quote]Lunar Cultist would be harder than Void Entity, and this white would be pretty rare. This stone is like a reward. Also, it balance the rest of the set. Not that much bad to me :slight_smile:

Finally, Iā€™d like than you vote for the 2nd poll, you advice is important for me^^ Thanks for wasting your time to give me tips, have a nice day :slight_smile:

Also thanks for voting on the polls :smiley:

I would like to remind you that a T8 is perfectly adequate for SB and damage. a 180+ base attack with berserk on the side is mind bogglingly powerful.

Iā€™m interested to how you come to this conclusion.

Is being able to deal damage and achieve SB not enough reason? Us missing IS already a loss in DPS. If your general accuracy is even 70%, your DPS falls to 70%. I fail to see how this is more useful than a piercing wandā€¦ a piercing wand hits multiple enemies, and this wand promotes a playstyle which hits many enemies to begin with (5).

Is there a healing limit to the tome, and how is it more useful than a simple use of your tome?

Thatā€™s no reason to simply outclass a UT which drops from an end-game dungeon, and a rare one at that, no? Not to mention, the robe is much a powerful swap-out already. That stone can be used by knights to deal an extra 15% damage in their shield bash. Thatā€™s pretty high.

Iā€™m indifferent; I believe you are free to make anything, and Iā€™ll be there to review. It kinda drains me since the formatting and analysis tires my feeble mind, but I try my best to offer my view, as much of its worth to you.

[quote=ā€œBaraBlazer, post:7, topic:16984ā€]
I would like to remind you that a T8 is perfectly adequate for SB and damage
[/quote]Iā€™d would like to remind you than the game donā€™t stop at SB damages. Its a game where you need to be united, then kill the bad bois that wanna kill you, so even if you wonā€™t loot any items, the objective is to kill the bosses to progress in the place you are. If everyone were stopping to hit bosses when they would reach the SB treshold, it would never be possible to kill any boss

Is there a healing limit to the tome, and how is it more useful than a simple use of your tome?
[/quote]I donā€™t thougt about an heal limit, and I am gonna buff it a bit (low the CD) to make it more useful. Healing a big bunch of HP for same mana that 2 normal tomes, nobodyā€™d say no

That stone can be used by knights to deal an extra 15% damage in their shield bash. Thatā€™s pretty high.
[/quote]Thatā€™s pretty high, yea. But this is the item. Iā€™m gonna nerf the stats maybe.

Letā€™s keep this remind chain going! Toot toot
On a more serious note, yes, dealing more damage is nice to kill stuff faster, and you can contribute that way, but itā€™s not exactly useful on a priest. Maybe on a sorc, I can see that. You donā€™t need THAT many damage to kill stuff. The difference in average damage between T8 and T13 is a measly 17.5.

I do think priests would be grateful for any kind of damage output, but this is a ridiculous amount for a class with such great defensive capabilities. Not to mention, the Sorc just got ATT buffed, which turns this 8 range wand very easily into a dagger scale damage.

I wouldā€¦ because as a rule of thumb as a priest, one rarely needs more than 300 health at the same time. A simple act of healing 300 health is already really good, and if your HP isnā€™t topped off by then, I consider myself lucky to still be alive. Unless youā€™re one of those 1000 health builds.

Watā€¦ Iā€™m normal. Well rip me.

No, you done adventures to survive, your better than a normal human now :smiley:

I literally have no idea how the salty wand works I read it like 5 times and I still donā€™t get it

Hmmmā€¦ lunar cultistā€¦

Where have I heard that before?

Hmmmā€¦

Check the description for the wand. ā€œā€¦bring they back to lifeā€. Is that supposed to be there?

Yea, the people were using prisonnersā€™ souls to feed demons and bring they back to ā€œlifeā€

Probably Lunatic Cultist, in Terraria, because its from there than I started to imagine all my set :slight_smile:

Oh. I thought it was supposed to be ā€œbring them back to lifeā€

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.