The Spartan (New Class)

Yeah, you probably already knew this was coming. And it was only a matter of time before it did. We all know the awesome Spartans from the 300 movie, right? Actually, no, it’s R, so you may not have seen it. But they’re awesome…that’s all you need to know.

To put things short, Sparta was one of the many cities of Ancient Greece, and it was especially known for its superior military. Battle of Thermopylae, 300 Spartans vs. 150,000 Persians, Spartans sacrificed but got shredded by Persia, blah blah blah…Don’t judge, but I actually like history.

The Spartan uses:

• Sword

• Javelin

• Heavy Armor

• Ring

Base Stats
HP: 150
MP: 100
ATK: 15
DEF: 0
SPD: 7
DEX: 10
VIT: 8
WIS: 8

Gain Per Level
HP: 20 to 30
MP: 2 to 10
ATK: 0 to 2
SPD: 0 to 2
DEX: 1 to 3
VIT: 0 to 2
WIS: 1 to 3

Average At 20
HP: 625
MP: 214
ATK: 34
SPD: 26
DEX: 48
VIT: 27
WIS: 46

Maxed Stats
HP: 725
MP: 314
ATK: 69
DEF: 25
SPD: 45
DEX: 57
VIT: 55
WIS: 60

Okay…now let’s compare its max stats to another sword-class, like…a warrior, for instance. Less HP, more MP, less ATK, matching DEF, less SPD, more DEX, much less VIT, and more WIS. So you’ll now know that the Spartan isn’t really of a Necro-multi-user. The strongest stats of this class are:

• MP

• DEX

• WIS

So it’s definitely more of an attacking and damaging type. Maybe even more than the Warrior.

Let’s Talk About His Ability
So I had a little trouble with finding a good ability. I mean, Spartans had shields. Knight took it. What about a helmet? Oh, the warrior is hogging it for the moment (and forever). I finally settled on one: the Javelin. This ability is similar to the Quiver, like the Trap is similar to the Poison. Although it has less range and does not paralyze targets, it deals much more damage.

Stone Javelin

A simple spear made from a sharp stone.
Tier: 0 (Starter)
MP Cost: 50
Damage: 190-210 (200)
Projectile Speed: 15
Range: 6

Bronze Javelin

It’s dull yet strong weapon of bronze.
Tier: 1
MP Cost: 55
Damage: 250-270 (260)

Iron Javelin

A sturdy spear tipped with fine iron. It can easily cut through monsters.
Tier: 2
MP Cost: 65
Damage: 340-360 (350)

Gold Javelin

Tipped with gleaming gold, it is a mystical gift from the gods to powerful mortals.
Tier: 3
MP Cost: 75
Damage: 510-530 (420)

Obsidian Javelin

A dark and mysterious javelin topped with unbreakable obsidian.
Tier: 4
MP Cost: 85
Damage: 770-790 (480)
Range: 7
Stat Bonues: +2 SPD

Rhino Horn Javelin

A brilliant golden spear with a point of a rare and magical rhino horn, found in the western savanna.
Tier: 5
MP Cost: 95
Damage: 930-950 (940)
Projectile Speed: 16
Stat Bonuses: +2 DEX, +3 SPD

Dragontooth Javelin

A masterpiece of a golden javelin with a majestic spearhead of dragon ivory. It is adored by the most courageous heroes and supreme gods.
Tier: 6
Damage: 1,150-1,190 (1,170)
Projectile Speed: 16
Stat Bonuses: +2 DEX, +3 SPD, +3 WIS

Javelin of Merciless Wrath

Tier: UT
MP Cost: 105
Damage: 710-750 (730)
Cooldown: 2.5 sec
Stat Bonuses: +3 ATK, +3 DEX

Let me know how you think about this class!

no more sword classes dear god if we add this then there’ll be 4 sword classes

on the javelins, it feels more like a shittier ninja than anything. like the mp cost for the highest tier is similar, but does less damage, and doesn’t even have an added bonus like speedy.

and what’s with the weird maxed stats? 314 mp? 69 atk? 57 dex? it doesn’t make much sense. i’d rather it have like 320 mp, 70 atk, and 55 dex.

for a spartan, the sprite looks too gold. it’s hard to tell what’s skin and what’s armor.

this isn’t accurate, i know there were other grecian city-states involved. hang on lemme do some research.

so yeah. 300 spartans clearly wasn’t enough to hold off 150,000 persians. and the numbers you give are straight up wrong on the persians. there wasn’t an accurate estimate for the number of persians that came, and contemporary and near-contemporary estimates range anywhere from 120,000 to 4 million, with the most well respected estimates hanging around the 120,000 to 300,000 range. your 150,000 is on the lower side

enough bout the persians, your facts on the greeks are wrong too. it was not only 300 spartans. in fact, the entire greek force was 7,700 strong by contemporary estimates. and you’re now gonna say “oh but epicnecros, sparta sent 300 as the last defense, while the others got away!” that’s plain wrong too. the representation at the last stand of the grecans at thermopylae was actually 1,500 strong, and there were multiple city states involved. the spartans only accounted for 20% of the last stand, while in stark contrast the thespians’ entire army (or what was left of it) of 700 soldiers had the strongest representation there.

Javelin feels like a worse ninja star I think. The stats are kinda weird also.
I don’t think its a bad idea it just needs some work. (No more sword classes)

Funny how this turns into a history lesson. Wikipedia says that the Persian army in the battle ranged from 100,000 to 150,000. 7,000 Greeks were sent to stop them, and 300 of them held their ground at Thermopylae Pass to give Athens time to prepare for the battle. 299 Spartans fought, while one of them, a messenger, ran to Athens to tell the news of the Greeks’ victory. The Spartans were killed when a Persian scout found a way around the Pass. The Persians surrounded the Spartans and slaughtered them, after the Greeks refused surrender.

Edit: 300 Spartans plus 1,100…so yeah, you’re pretty much right.

The contingent of 700 Thespians, led by their general Demophilus, refused to leave and committed themselves to the fight. Also present were the 400 Thebans and probably the helots who had accompanied the Spartans

Herodotus claimed that there were, in total, 2.6 million military personnel, accompanied by an equivalent number of support personnel. The poet Simonides, who was a near-contemporary, talks of four million; Ctesias gave 800,000 as the total number of the army that was assembled by Xerxes… Modern scholarly estimates are generally in the range 120,000–300,000

at least learn how to read before you try to cite wikipedia

How bout this - I’m young, so I don’t know a lot, ok? I’m just saying what I searched up, but there’s a lot of theories about how the battle was fought.

How is it worse? It does a considerable amount more dps

Doom Circle
MP Cost: 100
Damage: 850-950 (Average: 900) (9 dmg/MP)

Top Tier Javelin
Damage: 590-610 (Average: 600) (6.3 dmg/MP)

it’s considerably worse.

Oh I was looking at the t0. That’s wierd. It starts out op and weakens over time

This isnt a very unique class, you should give the javelin less damage and add some kind of additional stat.

How about you don’t talk about things you don’t really understand. How old are you jeez…

The Spartan’s design seems ok. I can’t tell how good it really is unless I check it out in-game, so I won’t comment on it too much. I like the direction you’re going with Javelins, but they currently look too similar to Staves and their colors are iffy (I like T1-T3 the best).

The class stats seem reasonable, and I like how you differentiated it from the other melees. Dex/Att maxes at some weird values though; I’d recommend putting them on some multiple on 5.

Javelin stats are pretty bad. Others have mentioned it, but Javelins are basically worse Stars. They don’t give you Speedy, don’t pierce obstacles, do less damage and have less range. Maybe you could buff them by adding a bleeding DoT effect or something along those lines? Whatever it is, buffing these should be priority.

I feel like there’s enough sword classes (new katana class pls) and I think the name Spartan is too specific, but ignoring those, I do like the Spartan’s idea overall. Polish up the Javelins’ designs/stats and you’ve got a solid class.

History is cool, why would I judge you for liking it? I will judge you a little for liking ancient history though.

I thought of something like this once. The ability was even called the Javelin, but instead of shooting just straight forward it shot in 4 directions around the player, like an X pattern. That way you could deal massive damage when sitting on things. IDK this just reminded me of that. My class was the “Gladiator” though

Spartans are actually dagger class with heavy armor, and WHERE IS THE RED HELMET FEATHER AND CAPE AND SHIELD (the new ppe btw lel xd people)

I cannot BELIEVE you typed that

I am literally in awe right now

Holy shit dude

thats the fucking sex number

my, my, what a scandal!

Dude chill out, he’s just trying to do some history stuff. You seem younger than him seeing how immature you’re being.

i think im missing something, whats the point in using the ut one, its so much worse than t6

Because it looks cool :wink: