The state of mana pots

This is my two cents on recent community events and Mana:

I’m all for events and getting the community active, supporting the studio, and white drops for everyone involved that most people do not have the time to grind for. What I don’t support is the economy being destroyed to facilitate this. As a merchant, I cannot stress the following enough:

DECA. EDIT: WE’d LIKE A POT ROUGHLY STABLE AT 0.5. << so we don’t have to argue semantics anymore.

Deca Ring is worth 8 life. Good. Life pot is worth 8 def. Good. Def is worth minor pots. Good. Changes to these figures are annoying, but bearable. Mana being worth both 0.5 life and at the same time 5:1 life is irresponsible. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve seen fortunes and lost fortunes due to game change/balance and unforseen factors. First it was the ammy, then incs being devalued, then it was UTs SB. At the high end its very painful, but one can understand why it needs to happen. You will never hear me complain about that. You cut your losses and move on.

Mana pots need to remain balanced at 0.5 life. This would be like saying that $100 bills will be worth $100. $10 will be worth $10. $50 will be worth both $50 and $20. It makes transactions predatory and unfair to conduct. Influxes with minor pots and changes to item values aren’t an issue. Mana, even moreso than def, is a cornerstone of the economy. Unless an alternative is presented, or a permanent devaluation occurs, mana pots must remain valued at 0.5 life. If it’s value drops to 3:1 briefly, its a non-issue. It’s when its value plummets to 5:1/6:1 for weeks on end, only to be rebuffed because another event is being run; THAT is a problem.

Is anyone else exhausted by the uncertainty of the mana pot?

Ew merchers

and also it’s not deca who determines the market prices. Tard.

Create an economy and merchants will exist. You may hate merchants but when you’re low on space and trying to sell off 6 hydras, 3 gsorcs, 2 fouls, 2 recomps, an exahp and some other bullshit, you suddenly seem to appreciate the fact they exist.

Events create fluctuations in the economy, Deca controls the creation of events. Deca directly influences market prices through events. To think otherwise…

No trolls please.

I drop them or giveaway.

But Deca cannot directly control the merchers, and they never gave a shit about economy of rotmg in the first place.

lmao

[EDIT] also
oh%20cmon

I don’t really think that’s actually necessary. I’ve done a fair amount of pot trading before and even back when it actually was worth 1/2 life I wouldn’t touch the stuff unless I needed to drink it. I don’t think it’s that big a deal.

Directly from Deca:

New trading functionalities
Trading and “merching” play an important part in RotMG. The current feature set works but is pretty basic and not secured enough. We want to investigate and eventually invest time into developing a better system for in-game trading.

I don’t think everyone shares you’re sentiment in dropping or throwing items away. Either way I fundamentally disagree with your opinions if you aren’t trolling, but I appreciate the response anyway.

First off : im in shatters rn so this is getting really annoying.

Yep, they KNOW that they cannot control the merching price. Events are one of the factors that are keeping the game alive. They have to do events at some point, and whatever that dungeon is, the potion from that dungeon’s price WILL DROP. like mana.

Sure, they want to make all their parts of their game better, no shit. But I think what DECA means by that is scamming and backpack-trades and such. And yes, they might mean the ECONOMY of the trading, but They know that they can’t control it.
also i just missed 2nd boss bridge in shatts while typing this

Yeah I understand, like most players dont have all their characters 8/8 and have no need for pots like me.

Why the fuck are you thinking that I’m trolling? Like, Having no need for tops/pots means I’m trolling? I mean you may not believe me BECAUSE SOME POOR FAGGOTS STILL NEED THOSE SHITTY ITEMS TO LIVE FOR :clap: :clap:

They way you are responding to me seems like you have NO APPRECIATION at all.

Not for merching of pots, for item valuations. Having a pot worth 0.5 of a life gives wiggle room for negotiating. It also means I don’t have to double or even triple down on chest space when wanting to buy/sell items for 1.5 or 2.5, where 0.5 used to be a mana and now its 4 mana def.

Alright man. Good luck.

you don’t have to respond to a topic if you’re busy. in fact, if you reply to this before you finish I’m gonna smack you.

idk about you but I’m not so stingy that I’m going to round up to the nearest 1/2 a life pot when trading. it’s much easier to just work with pure life. I get that other people work differently but I’m unconvinced that this is that big an issue.

oh fun

I do agree with you to a certain degree; having a pot that is 1/2 a life will save some space and be a bit more convienent. however, I cant think of a way to make mana 1/2 a life without making the game a lot easier or a major change to our current trading system.

plus, if you do merch, mana should be a really nice pot for you, since all you have to do is wait for the high price and sell it

When manas price jumps around, people lose faith in it. This leads to market stagnation. And vaults full of items worth 0.5/1L and of course, mana pots. Great for people repotting and merching mana pots but ultimately bad for the market, and less chest space for everyone.

@Xaklor I’m like the walmart of merchants. I buy and sell every item in game, buying for more and selling for less, just for the pleasure of the transaction. It also means that when I’m merching, the majority of items pass through my hands. It also means that my margins are extremely slim. I’m probably the most fair merchant on realmeye, but it comes at a cost. I won’t say mana jumping around doesn’t personally affect me. I could capitalize on it and force people to pay me 2-3 mana on an evaluation of 0.5 and sell on the basis that mana is worth exactly 0.5 but that feels scummy. I’d rather just have mana be worth a permanent figure so we’re all on the same page when it comes to transactions. If it’s 0.5 life, great, if its 0.2 life, so be it. This bouncing back and forth and duality in evaluation is exhaustive.

I miss those days aswell :frowning:

As a mercher you should understand that economies are unstable things. If Mana is consistently uncertain, just don’t invest in it anymore.
Why must mana remain at 0.5 life? Also how is it worth 0.5 life and 5:1 life?

Also is this a complaint about how the economy inside a video game is a serious problem?

As a merchant, all you have to do is buy all a lot of cheap mana during the event and sell it at the normal price 10 days later

Without actual players who loot more items that can be injected into the economy and who absorb items and pots (by continuously dying and rebuilding characters), you little merchant side-game wouldn’t exist. You need us a lot more than we need you.

Of course everything Deca does has an impact on the in-game market. That doesn’t mean they care about it.

Deca’s primary goal is and always has been to make money. Real-world money. As long as they get a lot of active players and these players give them enough money for the game to be profitable, everything else is secondary.

So if they get a lot of activity during events and a lot of money in key sales, and the only downside is having a minority of merchants write them an angry essay about how “the economy is destroyed again!” every once in a while… they’re not very likely to change their ways.

yes and also we need a currency worth exactly 0.5 US dollars so can one of the countries volunteer

My dude this all happens when the events happen especially double boss event there has been 2 OT events over the past 2 months and they are going to keep coming. Its really the communities decision on what the price of something is worth. The price goes down usually because said pot becomes to common. Happened with def during the sewer event.

I’d say that mana is not a cornerstone of a community because of how susceptible it is to change.

(I dont trade at all btw, so if I’m wrong about a FACT please correct me).

Markets fluctuate based on supply and demand.
What you said about 50 dollars becoming 20 has already happened in real life with the US dollar

Inflation decreases prices, so deal with it.

Agreed.