The Thousandth Post to Buff Priest and Sorcs: Is it Necessary?

I feel like it’d be better to buff the abilities (especially fix tiered scepters) and maybe make puri heal in spite of sick or something (or maybe make it not remove sick and just heal despite the sick, which would be interesting… I’m definitely thinking about sewers right now, btw). Either way is it justified?

I’d prefer some nerfs instead of always seeing ‘balancing’ = buffing, making the game constantly easier.

Edit: more:

With sorcerer, stick a higher MP cost on fulmi, or lower its dmg, I agree it shouldn’t be just better always than the tiereds. I just think, the sceptre has got autoaim homing targeting built in - so if it had a high dmg output it would just mean everything was dead all the time. It’s already pretty ridiculous when you get into the realms of high MP heal pet, being spammable, but at least limited by having low dmg (unlike shield spam).

With priest, idk, puri is just god-like the rest of the time, sure you suffer in sewers but it’s still heroic at the final phase of boss to get out of, or rescue someone, from the slow. So using sewers, which is probably puri’s weakest dungeon, to say the whole thing needs rework is just OTT, imo. It’s okay for it to have a weakness.

I’ve never supported tiered scepters and priest puri in sewers feels so underwhelming.

That might be because you’re trying to rush with it instead of keeping it for the boss. The ability to get rid of Slow and Armor Break whenever you want makes Gulpord a complete pushover.

Puri is almost game-breakingly good when used correctly. If there’s one Tome that doesn’t need a buff, it’s this one.

That would be completely broken. Sick is one of the few things left in the game that can threaten a Priest with a decent pet. We don’t need to get any closer to immortality.

Aside from tweaking Fulmi, I really don’t know what could be done to rebalance the Sorc. The only real flaw of the class is that it now has to compete with full-DPS classes with regens so jacked up by pets they make safety and polyvalence almost irrelevant.

Sorc needs a scepter buff very bad. It’s basically unplayable without a fulmi.

I think priest is fine, in fact I think it’s stronger than people think.

You can pierce, tank better than a knight with prot, remove debuffs with puri, run faster than a warrior with t6 tome. It’s the best class to survive on, in my opinion.

Nonsense. Sorc does serious damage with just the wand, the sceptre makes it borderline OP. It is bar none the best char for pot farming in godlands, simply as the sceptre each use gets soulbound on up to eight gods at a time. The only problem is often it happens offscreen: numerous times I have stumbled across a blue bag long after a god died, due to some earlier sceptre use. Tiered has the advantage over fulmi here, not only hitting more enemies but more reliably doing SB damage.

Sceptre really comes its own in dungeons. One use can weaken all the enemies in a room in a UDL, in 2 or 3 rooms in an Abyss, clear three rooms of a Sprite World, clear the bats from a Sewer or Manor room. When it doesn’t kill them outright it weakens them so you need only one or two shots to finish them off. It shoots around corners and tells you where to find the next room or rooms. If anything it is OP, not in need of a buff.

sorc op 8)

The Sorcerer’s scepter is typically worthless against nearly every boss worth mentioning and doesn’t do enough damage for what it is to the minions and lesser monsters.

Even with that being said Sorcerer doesn’t actually need a buff. His scepter is usually just enough to land him in the soulbound zone for a mass amount of monsters, all hit automagically with minimal effort. (Yields more loot than a Warrior and is ridiculously safe in the Godlands!)

The Sorcerer is truly the lazy man’s class and was designed to be that way. (Hell, even his high vitality contributes to his design.)
The Sorcerer is the class you play when you want to take it easy or relax. I’d consider it a nice transition from dying on a Knight or Warrior. Sorta like the transition from rock to classical.

As for the Priest? No. This guy is already a handful with the most efficient healing ability in the game. His survivability surpasses the Warrior and can be greater than even a Knight and Paladin when equipped properly. (Not to mention he heals other people too.)

Yeah, I used to be one of the people who though the Sorcerer needed a serious buff, or a minor buff at the very least. However, I now understand that each class is designed for a particular purpose.
Each class surpasses each other in one way or another, no class is useless. Some may have more uses than others, though classes like the Sorcerer are in better hands of a player with multiple character slots to cover what they can’t do effectively.

Sorcerer isn’t garbage, just not betetr than wizard in 99% of situations.
Priest is completely fine imo.

Necro is most urgent, and has been since heal pets came out. It is THE necessary class to buff if you wanna throw that word around. Priest and Sorc are fine for now, at least until the more overdue class gets a tuneup. A Priest I was leveling up got me a mana in a public OT somehow and has been able to loot a def from stone guards. (Wis-modifier is awesome, too.) Sorc has ALWAYS been a deceivingly good looter. The math never made sense, but it was always a sweet treat to know I always had a chance for Stone Guard loots little to anyone’s knowledge. Probably while pissing off the “wtf 0” melees, too.

Anyway, I haven’t used Necro since pets came out. That’s four years. It’s also the reason why I was stuck at 68 stars for a couple months, and my road to White Star was postponed. I wasn’t using the two obsolete classesJust really confused why Necro wasn’t one of the classes buffed with Priest and Mystic, when I was relieved and certain Necro would be in the mix.

“Whew, it’s about time I can use Necro again. I wonder what they did…”

Class changes announced soon after.

Slow for 3 seconds does not make sorcerer unplayable because storms does more damage than fulmi does. Fulmi is not a replacement of storms unless all you care about is the slow effect. Sorcerer, just like the wizard, is a pure damage class. I do agree that It does need some sort of buff somewhere in relation to the DPS though.

Priest, on the other hand, is just a class that is almost impossible to die on. However, due to the addition of the pets, it has become an obsolete class. This should be addressed in some way.

It’s not an OP class at all because wizard is much better than the sorcerer DPS-wise period. Similar can be said about the knight, pally, and other classes. Godlands and most of the dungeons dropped there are just easy in general. As you know already, the main difference between spell and the scepter is that the scepter does low individual damage to the targets it chains to and the spell does a huge amount of damage to individual targets and you have to aim.

just nerf other classes

I’ve always argued for the “sorc is ungodly op with a fulmi” side, but after playing sorc ppe a few times I’ve touched upon some other advantages the sorc has over other classes, particularly the wizard. I get that it’s one thing to just tell you this, and another for you to experience it yourself, but here’s what I found

• jawsjakt touched on this in his post: the scepter is unrivaled in sb-attaining power. this means that sorc gets loot, which is what matters to most of you, right? the auto-aim function of the scepter plus the amount of damage it puts out means that you’re going to be hitting sb on bosses no matter how many people there are or how difficult it is to hit the boss. another advantage is that the scepter always registers. I typically avoid crowded realms and packed dungeons because I’ll never get loot. and it’s not actually RNG, it’s that I lag so badly none of my shots register on the enemy. but the scepter doesn’t use projectiles, and it happens instantly. if you press the spacebar a couple times you’re guaranteed a shot at loot no matter how crowded or laggy you are.

• SPEED. I cannot stress this enough, offhand I know 10 more speed over things like archer and wizard doesn’t sound like much, but the difference is incredible. point of reference: my partially maxed, mid-high tier sorc ppe could clear a sewer just as fast as my 8/8 archer with frimarra and dbow/tshot. partially because the scepter makes sorc less localized in where it deals damage, and partially because sorc is just faster and wastes less time getting around. I don’t like playing my wizard as much because I can feel how sluggish it is. it doesn’t matter how fast you can kill everything if you can’t get from encounter to encounter very quickly.

On Sceptre vs. Spell I prefer the former, as more reliably doing SB damage to gods, doing some damage to everything in e.g. a dungeon to weaken or clear. The problem with the Spell is it does a huge amount of damage, far more than the HP of most gods, never mind dungeon minions. Plus no matter your skill level when aiming you are at the mercy of lag, so hitting anything moving is more a matter of luck than anything else.

DPS-wise the wizard has more raw DPS, but only if both shots hit, and it does not have the range or piercing of a Wand. Again, getting both shots to hit is hardest when enemies are moving, and you need to both aim straight and adjust your range.

Fulmi is a full replacement to storms. Storms may deal more damage, but it is less cost efficient. Fulmi is more cost efficient than storms and slows the target.

The Scepter of Storms costs 85 mana and deals 200 damage, resulting in about 2.35 damage per mana.

Fulmi costs 65 mana and deals 180 damage, resulting in about 2.77 damage per mana.

The Scepter of Fulmination also trades out that 2 useless Vit on the T6 Scepter for 2 Att.

Fulmination does have one disadvantage though, albeit minor. It hits one less enemy, only seven.

This disadvantage results on the following:
The T6 Scepter does 1600 damage total for 85 mana where as fulmi does only 1260 for 65 mana.
Storms will deal about 18.82 total per mana and fulmi will deal about 19.38.

Oh. Fulmi is also better in this area too. I was genuinely expecting the opposite but I underestimated its strength.

Well, is that single disadvantage worth everything else? No. The Scepters need to be rebalanced, either tiered need to be more powerful or fulmi needs to be nerfed. (An item being a UT does not give it the excuse to be more powerful than the tiered version of it.)

You’re right, I had not thought of the lower mana cost. 65 mana vs 85 mana is a big difference that should be addressed.

I personally do not care for the slow since I do not need it, however, many people do and because of that the mana should be raised to 95. Just a thought.

Sorcerer is highly underrated and very capable when used by an experienced player. I agree with most people about Fulmi; it’s extremely good. I don’t see a reason to buff the class. You mentioned that tiered scepters need to be fixed but you don’t really explain why.

Priest is fine the way it is. The last buff they gave it was sufficient. The Holy Prot is one of the best UTs in the game and even without it, the Priest still offers a unique ability that most classes don’t have. Also, just because you have a hard time rushing a dungeon with a class, that doesn’t mean it deserves a buff.

Storms will deal about 18.82 total per mana and fulmi will deal about 19.38.

This. The damage difference between them is minimal, about 3%, if used effectively, to hit as many enemies as possible. Fulmi does less damage at a time but lets you use it against more enemies, which sometimes helps if there are lots of enemies with low HP, sometimes is worse if they have just enough HP it takes an extra blast of fulmi to kill them. Tiered scepters are marginally better at overcoming armour.

Overall there is little difference in their damage dealing ability. The only real difference is being able to slow things, but I find that’s of limited use – in godlands in particular it’s easier to take on many gods at normal speeds, where they will come after you and walk onto shots. With 60 speed you can outrun most things. It’s mostly useful against bosses like Oryx, events like the dragon, temple.

I don’t mean to be rude here, but… Not only ya contradict yourself but you are also wrong. Whether on accident or not doesn’t really matter I guess.

You start off by saying that the damage difference between the two is minimal, then end off by saying that tiered scepters are much better when overcoming armor.

The Scepter of storms will deal about 1.76 damage per mana where as fulmi will deal exactly two damage per mana versus a 50 def enemy. This isn’t even including how many targets hit because we already know that Fulmination is still more efficient in that aspect.

So, it isn’t common to be fighting a lot of 50 def enemies in the first place, but fulmi still happens to surpass this too. What about the highest def in the game, 100?

Storms deals about 1.18 damage per mana and fulmi deals 1.23 damage per mana.

The Scepter of Fulmination is always better against armor when compared to the Scepter of Storms.

Anyways, you state that Fulmi does less damage at a time, which is true, but you also say that you use it against more enemies, which is incorrect. I think this was probably a typo on your part but I thought I’d address it just to be sure.

You also mentioned speed later in your post. I know that all classes at 50 and 60 speed will outrun the same enemies. Through personal experience and the fact that it takes monsters like those in the Abyss to keep up with you. (And those can still be outrun even by a Knight.)

The speed difference only helps from getting from point A to B faster, it isn’t doesn’t determine a playatyle due to how insignificant it is. 75 speed however will, but we are not talking about that. The difference of slowing seven monsters with only 65 MP however will make a major difference; not only because of the amount of monsters that can be slowed, but because of who’s powerful slow already is. It is no paralyze, but hey, it gets past paralyze immune monsters.

rant rant rant
I’m learning with ya, I had no idea how overpowered Fulmi actually was until I sat down and did the math myself.

-EDIT: 100 def may not be the most in the game, I believe there is a monster that gives the armored effect to itself while already being over 50 defense, though I could be wrong. This would only be one or two monsters in the entire game though.