The Totemist (NEW CLASS IDEA)

The Totemist

The Totemist is a can deal damage at long range, wear a robe, and can Hex himself for speed, and Armor himself for defense. Being vulnerable to incoming shots,

How To Unlock: Reach Level 20 with Sorcerer and Level 20 with Necromancer

Equipment:
Wand
Totem
Robe
Ring

Initial Stats:
HP: 100
MP: 100
ATK: 12
DEF: 0
SPD: 12
DEX: 12
VIT: 10
WIS: 15

Average at Level 20:
HP: 520
MP: 340
ATK: 45
SPD: 30
DEX: 45
VIT: 25
WIS: 50

Base Stat Cap:
HP: 650
MP: 385
ATK: 70
DEF: 25
SPD: 45
DEX: 65
VIT: 35
WIS: 75

Totems

The totem, the ability of the Totemist. When activated, pillars are spawned around the avatar, giving him special effects.

Totem of Hex

A simple potion of hex.
Tier: 0
MP Cost: 40
Effects: Armored (3 sec) and Stunned (1.5 sec) to self

Totem of Magic

A strong liquor mixed with magic.
Tier: 1
MP Cost: 40
Effects: Armored (3.5 sec) and Stunned (1.5 sec) to self

Totem of Death

A dark drink of dark red with dark sorcery.
Tier: 2
MP Cost: 70
Effects: Armored (4 sec) and Stunned (1.5 sec) to self
Stat Bonuses: +2 VIT

Totem of Water

The legends of greatness wisely say to drink this with ice.
Tier: 3
MP Cost: 80
Effects: Armored (4 sec) and Stunned (1 sec) to self
Sat Bonuses: +3 VIT

Totem of Blood

Brewed with dark magic and magically weaved by the Dark Magus himself.
Tier: 4
MP Cost: 85
Effects: Armored (4.5 sec) and Stunned (0.5 sec) to self
Stat Bonuses: +3 VIT
Stat Bonuses: +2 WIS

Totem of Forestry

A woodland elixir that possesses the classic hexes of forest magic and knowledge.
Tier: 5
MP Cost: 95
Effects: Armored (5 sec) and Stunned (0.5) to self
Stat Bonuses: +5 VIT, +5 WIS

Totem of the Sun

A godly liquor brewed with sweet nectar and melted ambrosia. Users become legendary heroes.
Tier: 6
MP Cost: 95
Effects: Armored (5 sec) and Stunned (0.5) to self
Stat Bonuses: +3 DEX, +3 ATK, +4 VIT, +4 WIS

Golden Totem

A divine totem crafted using pure gold, and decorated using fine .
Tier: UT
MP Cost: 85
Effects: Armored (1 sec) and Stunned (0.5 sec)
Stat Bonuses: +7 DEX, +7 ATK
Drops From: I dunno. Suggestions, anybody?
SOULBOUND
Note: So the real question is: Would you rather be protected and Armored, or do much more damage?

As you can see, a very difficult class to start with. Low HP, low defense, and low vitality make the Totemist the weakest class in the game in terms of protection. But once you have a reliable pet, good equipment, and decent skill, this class could be more dominant than any other class. In spite of his wielding of the weakest weapon, the wand, he deals heavy amounts of damage with his large load dexterity.

So yeah, this probably has a LOT of work to do before it gets decent. As always, lemme know if anything is overpowered or too weak, and I’ll tweak it a bit. Thanks for reading! :smiley:

1. Why is it a totemisf but it doesn’t be use totems smh
  2. Why does a minion from the WC drop a armored effect ability

:triumph: …OK…totems…gotcha…I’ll go ahead and do that…

totemism - belief in kinship with or a mystical relationship between a group or an individual and a totem

are you sure you know what a totemist is?
wouldn’t maybe alchemist or drunkard or whatever be a much more fitting class name?

and i’m not sure why you put hexed on the draughts. it does literally nothing: think transformation potions. it just turns you into a pet for a bit.

that aside, i do not support armored on tiered abilities. i don’t think you realize how strong armored is on a dps class.

Wut

Oh…yeah…about that…I was making another class but decided to change it…I’ll fix that.

Ya, I’m pretty sure I do.

Yeah, about that, that’s not the point here. Hex stops the player from attacking, and there’s Speedy, so there’s a speed boost right there. Basically, you’re dipping into a green pool from the Mad Lab.

Hex: Replaces the target’s sprite with a random pet’s sprite.

i think you mean stun. have you ever actually been only hexed?
i mean, do you even have transformation potions?

No, I don’t.

Haven’t redit but did a quck scan. Looks like you put a lot of time into it and the sprites look okay :smiley: Basic sprite is a bit too fancy though

It’s kinda hard to make new classes, so I don’t fully blame myself…I just blame myself for 9/10 of it…

a little research would do you well

change hexed to stunned.

I like the idea of what a totemist would really do, but this class doesn’t do any of it. Secondly, the stat bonuses on the tiered items are off, why would a t5 ability suddenly not give def? It’d make t4 and under more viable to use at any time. Also, the UT totem is more of a drawback, since 6 speed isn’t much at all.

But the thing that would make this class useless in-game, would be that priest can do all these things (Granted, with slightly less DPS) far better, so long as he has a prot. There would be absolutely no reason to play this class over priest if you have a prot, which is enough reason to rule out the need of this totem ability.

If I came over as harsh, I have no intend to. I’m trying to pull out the biggest points of improvement on this class, now for some tips on how to rework the ability:

Make the class use actual totems to fit the theme

Similar in use to the marble pillar a paladin can place with his marble seal. You could have standard totems have like a healing/speedy/damaging/berserk/armored buff in a range around the placed totem, for example. (Not all of them at once, of course)
I’d go for something like a flat heal per second at tiers 1-3, to then also give a little bit of bonus health when standing in range of the totem.

Don’t have a (robe)class revolve around the ability to armor crowds

It’s too overpowered to be able to make a whole group armored without needing a rare UT. It’d also make marble seal obsolete. I’d remove the aspect of armored from this class almost completely, except for perhaps on a single UT.

Now, for some less important tips, but tips nonetheless:

I do like the concept of the sprite

But I feel like the wand looks like a wooden sword, I’d take 1 pixel off of the top of it and it’s a very nice one!

The basestats seem very off

Of course, the sorcerer isn’t a totemist, but the general rule for base stat caps and average at level 20 stats is that the maxed HP on robe classes is 670. You got the mana right, but the avg mana at lvl 20 is way too high, it should be 290 like the other ones. I’d copy the base max and avg at lvl 20 HP and MP stats from the sorcerer. I’d also change def from 30 to 25, since 30 def is unusual for classes in general. Paladin is an exception, because he wasn’t tanky enough before his rework. 40 Vit is also normal for robe classes and 45 speed is lower than any other class. I’d have the base stats look like this:

Average at Level 20:

HP: 575
MP: 290
ATK: 40
SPD: 30
DEX: 37
VIT: 25
WIS: 50

Base Stat Cap:

HP: 670
MP: 385
ATK: 70
DEF: 25
SPD: 50
DEX: 65
VIT: 40
WIS: 75

As you can see, the stats I haven’t mentioned seem fine to me. These are, of course, subject to change, depending on how the end result of the ability will turn out to be.

Final word

As I said earlier, I hope I didn’t come off as harsh and I hope these tips might help you in the development of your concept!
Good luck with future changes!

Ganus

OK, gotcha. Thanks for the thorough feedback!

Just giving it 30 def makes it have the most defense of all the robe classes (minus priest with prot). Also it’s only 10 lower than all the other robe classes, but trading off 10 max hp (which is really weird for me…) for 5 max def? Count me in any day.

I changed the class quite a bit. Does it look better now?

What is the use of the UT? Its MP cost is through the roof for very little effect, and if there’s an additional effect, it’s not added on here. I believe that instead of giving Stunned for 0.5 seconds, it should give Berserk or Damaging for 3.5 Seconds, while keeping the Armored to 1.5 Seconds. This gives it less viability for defense than the tiered, and more for offense.

wot

it has +7 atk and +7 dex

That requires no use of the ability, though?

I guess so…

It’s pretty unique imo.
An ability just for wear, not for use.