The un-fairness of Deca in my opinion

You can play unity games on internet explorer/ chrome.

Everyone will have to switch to the Unity client or it would defeat like half the purpose of porting the game.

The game will be harder to make cheats for when it’s on Unity, and I would imagine duping would also be much harder/impossible on the Unity port.

the database is going to be connected to the Unity version of the game, I don’t think any migration will be necessary.

As other people have said here, it was either an auto message or an incompetent support agent.

The accounts will not be wiped, and you will not need to make a new account to play on Unity, everybody’s account will be transferred to Unity.

Wiping would be the dumbest decision ever, and would cause Deca to fall apart. If all accounts were wiped, at least 80% of the realm community would quit, and that’s literally all the revenue that they get.

Yeah, but how about real-time realm play? Will we share the same realms? The same dungeons? I wonder if they can sync up flash players and unity players… or even if they’re worth it!

Edit: you’re right about the migration though. I’m just saying, considering the security measures in Unity (assumed), I don’t think ol’ flash players should have access to unity’s database

The flash version will most likely be removed, you’ll only be able to play through the Unity version.

That sounds fine by me… I do hope that some players can use unity just fine instead of flash, because I know part of a reason why I play realm is because I sure can’t use unity back then. Do you think players would be fine with changing to unity?

I would be fine with changing to unity

It would allow less lag dx

The Unity port will remove all of the issues that flash had, so we’ll finally be able to run at a smooth frame rate.

I believe it will be fine with the majority of realm players, especially the high-level players who have decent PCs. I do feel bad for people that won’t be able to use the Unity version as well as they could use the flash version, but it’s a sacrifice that needs to be made so the game can be made much better.

The unity port will also allow for more behaviors and new-aspects of the game that flash couldn’t handle very well.

P.S: this is all speculation, nobody really knows what will happen. I sent in an email to Deca asking them if they can confirm anything about the Unity port, such as the removal of flash support.

Adobe will stop supporting flash in 2020.
Theres no point for Deca in releasing clients both flash and unity in the long run.

In my experience, making the game run 50 times smoother and getting rid of hackers doesn’t really cause riots.

Everyone here: Windows, general opinion is “well yeh, younity is cool”
Me: Linux, when I heard about port I just went “well shit.”

(point is linux + unity + bad laptop = maybe no more realm :c )

Wiping all accounts might.

People hate change, and if that change is as significant as changing the game’s platform there will definitely be pushback, especially from people who benefit from flash’s buggyness like hackers and crashers.

It all depends on the majority- but RoTMG will most definitely be off Flash before the 2020 election.

Otherwise it will drown like the Forgotten King

I mean, the client we have now works on a slide-show program. Literally. Switching to unity will make the game playable, allow faster content creation, and hopefully with that some graphic enhancements.

Easy fix : don’t use Linux

easy fix: dont be an orange star
easy fix: sell your house and buy a new one
ill think of more later

Big news for all of you who think that Deca is going to wipe accounts!

They wouldnt answer my question about the flash version being supported after the port, instead they said “Please understand that it is impossible for us to reply to all feedback in a detailed fashion.” which either means Chris doesnt know or they don’t want to release the info early as to not upset any players.

Or because it’s Chris and he can’t do customer support for shit

Meanwhile, I’m stuck on Kongregate…

Thanks for finding out