The Unoffical Merching Guide Of RoTMG (2017)

Yes, new tops are possible that maybe affect the economy overtime, but as of March 2017 this is how you merch. (https://www.realmeye.com/player/Sileeeeex) Wizard with possible new tops and also see (https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/unreleased-content) as evidence to show that Deca may release new equipment soon ;-;. Also, Event Chests and Increased drop rates from dungeons and event chests may also affect item/pot prices. (Ex.Phylactery Mystic Set went from 4 ubhps to 7 life since it drops on Lich(a relatively easy enemy, even when buffed), the Bella event chest decreased the price of life, and the UDL event chest decreased the cost of skeleton warrior skin by half for a few months.)

I’m Star Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I’ve been merching for 2 years and acquired about 700 life solely from merching.

Rainbow pots are vit,dex,spd, and wis potions.

1 def-Life
Sell def for 3 pots (not dex). Then buy def for 2 pots. Repeat until you have 5-6 def.
Or buy old tops (griff,agate,sky,abby) for one def then sell for two def.
Avoid buying T5 traps,scepters,skulls or poisons as they are rarely bought/wanted.

Life-5 Life
Sell life for 6 def/7 att, then buy life for 5 def/6att.
You can also buy tops for cheap.

Current Top Prices as of March 2017 (Weapons and Armor)
Buy tops for 25-50% less than listed price.
Recomp (T12 Wand)- Mana-5 Def
Foul (T12 dagger)- Life-1.5L
Acclaim(T12 sword)- 3L
Covert (T12 Bow)- 2 def-Mana
Cosmic(T12 staff)- 1.5L
Hydra(T13 hide)- 1L
Acrop(T13 Chainmail)- 1.5-2L
Grand Sorcerer- 5def-1 Life
T12 katana (slang name:masa) usually is the cheapest top and is hard to sell, avoid buying it.

Abilities
T6 melee abilities (seal,shield and helmets) should be bought for 2L each. They are usually worth around/sold for 2.5-3L.
Note: Ability slang for melee abilities are T6 seal- Gcookie, T6 shield- Colo, and T6 helm- GGen.

T6 tome, T6 star and T6 Poison should be bought for 1L each and sold for 1.5-2L.

T6 quiver should be bought for 2L and sold for 2.5-3L.

T6 spell at the moment is not being bought for a lot but the selling price is about 1.5-2L, and you should buy it for about 1-1.2L.

Avoid: T6 trap, Scepter and Skull. They are very cheap abilities and selling them for profit would be very time-consuming.

Ability slang for other abilities are: T6 Quiver- Elvish, T6 Poison- Milk, T6 Spell-Eledeto, T6 Trap- Giant, T6 Scepter-Storms, and T6 Skull- BloodSucker.

5L and beyond

ST’s

ST’s are now being dropped in dungeons, which may affect their prices overtime.
Buy these ST’s for about 4.5L, and sell them for 5.5-6L.
The list includes:
Pixie-Enchanted Sword
Etherite Dagger
Pierce Spell
Fairy Plate
Shendyt of Geb

Some ST’s and tops are more expensive than others. This includes:
Deca (Buy for 5L, sell for 6L.)
There will become more decades in the economy soon, and deca prices have dropped overtime, so this is a risky investment.

Sun Staff should be bought for 5-5.5L and sold for 6-6.5L

Oryx Set Item’s (Excluding the ring) should be bought for 3L each and should be sold for 4L.

The Sun Spell and Robe should be bought for 4L and sold for 5L.
The Sentient Staff and Twlight Robe should be bought for 1L each and should be sold for 1.5-2L.

The other ST items such as the Enchanted Pixie seal, Ghastly Grape, etc. should be bought for 1 mana and should be sold for 1 life.

Avoid the Phylactery Mystic Set set overall, since the overall price of the set was decreased by half in a short time.

Skins are a risky business, since their prices can change monthly.

Usually, the most rare and expensive skins (Buy for 8-9L each) are usually include Platinum Knight Skin, Huntsman Skin, Brigand Skin, Imp skin and Death Skin. Sell them for about 12-15L.

Ring Tier Slangs: Para is Tier 4, Exa is Tier 5 and UB is Tier 6.
Rings
T4 hp and def rings should be bought for a rainbow pot and should be sold for 1 def, although Para HP is more in demand right now.

T5 rings are not usually bought (excluding hp and def rings),
Exa def should be **bought for 1def ** and sold for 2-3 def.
Exa hp should be **bought for 3-4 def **and should be sold for 1 life.
Ubdef and Ubdex and Ubhp are typically the most expensive and in demand unbound rings.
Ubdef and Ubmp should be bought for 1L and sold for 1.5-2L.
Ubhp prices change, since they are soulbound and the Ring of Decades replace UBHP’s as drops.
Ubhp’s should be bought for 3L and sold for 3.5-4L.

ST rings should be bought for 1-2 def and sold for 3-4 def.

Take in consideration that this took a long time to type and I will not update this guide often due to the length of this topic.

Yes, I do realize that people do not like merchers.
Yes, I do realize that auctions are scams.
And, Yes SgtAsian is a weeaboo and loves anime.

~Star

Last Updated: March 13,2017.
11:46 AM

Its nice, but it’ll never happen

Inaccurate

Not “possible new tops”, but “old unreleased T13/T14 items that date all the way back to WildShadow days”.

Yes, SIl3x spawned himself some unreleased content, but I think you’re reading far too much into that.

There should never be a need for a merching guide.

Merching is simple, you buy for low and sell for high. Why should you need a guide? You get people that don’t care for underpays and you get people who overpay cause they don’t care for whatever they’re trading.

If you want to make this useful, you can set up an unofficial pricing guide that you need to update every day or two; detailing the current prices of every item (based on the average meeting point between people selling and people buying). Just like there was back in the wild shadow days.

Yeah there’s really not much to merching. You can go to realmeye current trades, get a feel of what it’s worth, then buy low sell high. That’s it, merching is just the use of your time to buy an item at a lower price and sell at a higher price.

looks at the profile picture
reads the guide
Heeey… that’s pretty good!

These are not possible new tops these are unobtainable items used by a GM of the game… Do some research jeesus.

8L, bought mine for 6[quote=“IIISTARIII, post:1, topic:7055”]
Platinum Knight Skin, Huntsman Skin, Brigand Skin
[/quote]

All 8L, Brigand can go to 3ubhp

The only sjin you should really ever use to merch is Frank.[quote=“IIISTARIII, post:1, topic:7055”]
Avoid the Phylactery Mystic Set set overall, since the overall price of the set was decreased by half in a short time.
[/quote]

Good Choice[quote=“IIISTARIII, post:1, topic:7055”]
Deca (Buy for 5L, sell for 6L.)
[/quote]

Almost impossible. Goes for 6, then sell for 7.[quote=“IIISTARIII, post:1, topic:7055”]
the Bella event chest decreased the price of life
[/quote]

Wrong[quote=“IIISTARIII, post:1, topic:7055”]
and the UDL event chest decreased the cost of skeleton warrior skin by half for a few months.)
[/quote]

It is realtively always six life.

During the UDL chest event, skeleton warrior were usually sold for 4L. Now they are worth 8 life. After the bella chest event, life went from 6-7 def to 5-6 def which is a 14% decrease. I’ve also bought many deca rings with 5-5.5L. And some people overpay for brigand skin occasionally.

I said “possible” not about to be released soon. It is a possibility that deca may release new tops but it is not guaranteed.

Why? You’re not explaining.

Some of the people who buy life want to 8/8, even when life was SB, some people farmed enough to max life, therefore causing less demand in life.

I disagree, why isn’t it 7/8 Life now that the event is over?

Overtime, the life potion will increase, but as of now some people still have their life maxed characters alive. When more and more life maxed characters that used the bella SB life potions die, the price of life will slowly increase.

With all the recent Ice Tomb deaths and the amount of life pot drunken in order to max life, I find this hard to believe.

Well, some people avoid playing RoTMG since they are not used to slow pet healing abilities and some have more interests in other games other than RoTMG, but they play RoTMG occasionally. Also, people may not play RoTMG since they are busy with real life events, such as tests/exams, jobs or hobbies.

Now you’re assuming things that you can’t assume.

Personally, I know people that have been busy or have more interest in other games. I also know people that HAVE quit the game recently since they were too busy with their schedule to fit in their freetime.

And you believe these certain people you know accurately reflects the entire playerbase?