The Warlock Class idea

Warlock
A Warlock dominates the battlefield by summoning a familiar to deal damage and with long ranged attacks using their powerful magic.
Weapon: staff
Armor: robe
Ability: tablet (Yes, I know there is a tablet spell, and this could also be changed to a scroll as well!)

Warlock is an all-around damage dealer that can easily qualify for soul bound damage by using a familiar to help with damage, and with their high ATT. However, the Warlock has slightly lower Spd than other robed classes.

Beggining stats:
100 HP
100 MP
14 ATT
0 DEF
12 SPD
13 DEX
9 VIT
13 WIS

Gain per level:
20-40 HP
5-20 MP
1-3 ATT
0 DEF
0-1 SPD
1-2 DEX
1-2 VIT
1-2 WIS
Stat cap:
720 HP
400 MP
85 ATT
25 DEF
45 SPD
75 DEX
35 VIT
60 WIS

Ability description:
A Warlock summons a familiar using the chant enscribed on their tablet/scroll
Their familiar is invulnerable and has varying amounts of time existing. All familiars attack rate are the same as the Warlocks current Dex stat. Familiars CAN NOT be spammed due to most likely abuse they all have a cooldown equal to the familiars lifetime. This ability is a special ability as if you can’t get close enough to an enemy and get soulbound, you can use your ability to send your familiar up to the boss and get guarenteed damage. Familiar’s will prioritise God bosses against other enemies (does not include Ghost king, Lich, Ent ancient etc.). All familiars also have the same speed stat as the Warlock using the familiar. Familiar shots are like wand shots. Their aim is the same aim of a boss like Medusa firing at the position where the target is at that moment. Meaning, if the target moves after the shot is fired, the familiars attack won’t hit. All projectile speeds of familiars are 10 tiles per second. all Familiars circle the targetted enemy at 5 tiles while firing at them when they get within range. The Familiar can detect enemies up to 2 screen-lengths away so the target or boss you are fighting doesn’t even have to be on your screen for your familiar to attack it! If the familiar is attacking one enemy, and by attacking that enemy they get in range of a God monster, they switch to target the God monster. Use this to your advantage!

T0
Tablet of the familiar
An ancient tablet used by Warlocks to summon a weaker familiar
Familiar lifetime: 5 sec
damage:20-50

T1
Tablet of Summoning
This tablet was used to summon a familiar from another world.
Lifetime: 6 sec
Damage:30-60

T2
Tablet of the Planes
This tablet was used to get a familiar from another plane of existance
Lifetime: 7 sec
Damage: 30-100

T3
Tablet of Time
The Tablet summons powerful familiars from the past that are now extinct.
Lifetime: 8 sec
Damage:40-110

T4
Tablet of Creation
This tablet creates it’s own familiar and was used by the warlocks of kings of old.
Lifetime: 10 sec
Damage: 50-110

T5
Tablet of Energy
This tablet summons a familiar that is full of energy
Lifetime: 11 Sec
Damage: 50-120

T6
Tablet of Power
This tablet was used by Warlocks that managed to aquire powerful knowledge
Lifetime: 12 sec
Damage: 60-130
Ignores 20 defense of target
Effects on self:
+4 ATK

UT
Tablet of Instability
This tablet summons an unstable familiar that while short lived, deals quite the punch.
Lifetime: 4 sec
This is the only familiar with more speed than what the user has. It will always have 100 speed so as it can reach its target and at least get some hits on it.
Damage:150-300
Effects on self:
-4 Wis

Hope you like it! I wasn’t able to get sprites on this page so you’ll just have to use your imagination!

A wizard with 50 more max health and 10 more atk? And a UT ability that can do an extra 3.5k dps? And no sprites?

you got some work to do, man.

85 att and 75 dex? And an autoaiming familiar with 75 dex and wand damage? Okay lol

I know I do, although I couldn’t figure out how to upload my sprites here thats why there are no sprites :slight_smile:

Although, I would like to know how you get the sprites and pictures in for other class ideas!

This is essentially a way more overpowered Wizard who can summon a 12 second Priest with a T7 wand to help deal even more damage.

Also, you’ve neglected to put MP values on the ability tiers.

Let’s go look at this.
#1. We already have three staff classes. Another one?
#2. As noted before, 85 atk and 75 dex. If that’s not broken stats, I don’t know what it is. Really, all you are doing is making another wizard.
#3. What is a screen length? Another problem is that certain bosses can’t see you if you are a certain distance from them. What you are suggesting is that your familiar can go farm out their health even though they can’t see you? It’s not even like they have low dps.

3.5/10
Back to the working table you go.
Sprites: 0/1 for logical reason
Unique: 0.5/1 Unqiue but literally a wizard…
Stats: 1/4 Not at all well thought out
Ability: 1/3 Interesting idea but no
Effort: 1/1

A FOR EFFORT I HAVE SUCCEEDED IN LIFE. :slight_smile:

Making a new class is a serious risk and needs to have put a lot of time and effort into it. How does this class compare to the other ones in the game already? Is to Op, or Up? or is it just right that it is balanced with all other classes? At least, I would say put in a good couple weeks brainstorming if you want to make an idea about a new class. Just throwing out stats and ideas isn’t exactly the best thing to do, every successful idea needs a lot of time and effort.

Something which nobody else seems to have noticed- 720 hp for a robe class? also 20-40 hp per level? and no, 45 spd doesn’t balance out the higher atk.
And I don’t think I’ve ever seen the warlock as a specific class dedicated to summoning familiars except in The Inheritance Cycle (I read way too much fantasy).

I’m

You to stop

Jk sounds cool

This whole class idea needs to be reworked.

less health and atk, I thought the warlock’s ability should do the most of the damage.

just take 2 steps back
and think about it…

got it? there you go

great work, you have an idea but just need a bit more work on it! Mine weren’t really good either…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.