The Wayward Portal: A Realm Encounter

Don’t you hate when you’re trying to go for every dungeon complete and your last one is Heroic UDL, or Santa’s Workshop, or some other random dungeon? Introducing: The Wayward Portal

The Wayward Portal is what happens when the Keyper accidentally crosses a Glitch. Keys that were once stable connections to a realm became unbalanced and chaotic, creating a Schrödinger’s box of portals that can be rarely found around the Realm.

The Wayward Portal is a very rare event (perhaps on par with Candy Gnome, or even a Beachzone) that can be found when clearing a realm. It initially presents as a Nexus portal that has become corrupted, and when discovered, says, “Hands off… ERROR, PRESS ANY… keys!”

The Portal will then take on the aspect of another portal, and this could be handled many ways. Here are a few, but you could think of ideas for any portal in the game.

Ocean Trench Portal

• The Portal remains stationary, and takes on the likeness of a corrupted Ocean Trench portal. Water spreads out in a circle around it, similar to the Hermit God. Tiny, malformed tentacles appear, and once they are killed, the Portal becomes vulnerable.

Cave of a Thousand Treasures Portal

• The Portal takes on the likeness of a corrupted Tcave portal. It begins to run away similar to the Glitch, and leaves a trail of Tcave Flame Traps in its wake. After a little bit, it freezes and turns gold.

Haunted Cemetary Portal

• The Portal takes on the likeness of a corrupted Haunted Cemetery portal. It remains stationary, and a copy of each of the bosses appear- but they’re tiny and much weaker. They all constantly say “Ready”.

Lost Halls Portal

• The Portal takes on the likeness of a corrupted Lost Halls portal and remains stationary. A Spooky Boi pops out and immediately starts behaving like a regular Spooky Boi- only the shots do 1 point of armor piercing damage.

These were just off the top of my head and I’m sure that there are a million other clever things to add (if you have any ideas, put them in the comments!). But the goal isn’t to make this a challenging fight, it should be rather easy and is purely for fun.

I hear you ask, “What’s the point, though?”. Well, here it is: once you defeat the Wayward Portal, it says, “An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.” And dies. It will then spawn four portals, similar to how the Keyper spawns them. Only, these portals can be anything in the game. I’m talking an equal chance for Beachzone, UDL, Heroic Abyss, Pirate Cave, Oryx Sanctuary, Malogia, Consolation of Draconis, Santa’s Workshop, pretty much anything! Maybe even the Vault, or Wine Cellar, or the Void. The point is that you have a chance to get literally any dungeon in the game, including ones that are tough to get to. Sure, the chance to both find a Wayward Portal and get an Oryx’s Sanctuary drop is very low, but wouldn’t it feel awesome?

Please let me know what you think! And add any suggestions for how a corrupted portal would work!

reminds me of Jeebs arena from [redacted].

Please no private server talk on the forums! Just something to watch out for in the future.

my Bad, man

No problem, just something to watch out for in the future, as stated earlier.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.