The Weaponsmith

Introducting a new realm class: The Weaponsmith

The Weaponsmith uses a sword and his mighty forge hammer to make his and allies weapons more potent.

Wears heavy armor and uses a sword.

Stats

Base Gain/Level Average Max
HP 200 20-30 675 770
MP 100 2-8 195 252
ATT 13 1-2 41 55
DEF 0 0 0 30
SPD 10 0-2 29 55
DEX 10 0-2 29 60
VIT 10 0-2 35 60
WIS 10 1-2 35 60

Ability Item: Forge Hammer
Ability: Sharpen

Sharpen will make the weapon of that affected to only use its max damage stat while under the effect.

Forge Hammer

"A iron hammer used to increase the quality of many weapons."

Tier: 0 (Starter)
MP Cost: 70
Duration: 3 seconds
Cooldown: 6 seconds
Range: 4
Effect: Sharpen to all
Feed Power: 5

Bronze Hammer

"A hammer used to forge weapons and armor for many goblin armies"

Tier: 1
MP Cost: 75
Duration: 3.5 seconds
Feed Power: 10

Wrought Iron Hammer

"Masterly crafted dwarven equipment was fashioned with this very hammer"

Tier: 2
MP Cost: 80
Duration: 4 seconds
Range: 5
Feed Power: 20

Mithril Hammer

"Metals forged from alchemical transfusions could only be molded by this hammer"

Tier: 3
MP Cost: 85
Duration: 4.5 seconds
Fame Bonus: 1%
Feed Power: 45

Golden Hammer

"Normally being a malleable material, mystical enchantments unlocks the true potential of gold."

Tier: 4
MP Cost: 90
Duration:5 seconds
Fame Bonus: 2%
Feed Power: 90

Crystal Hammer

"So delicate and light in your hands, but its might and power is immense."

Tier: 5
MP Cost: 95
Duration:5.5 seconds
Cooldown: 7 seconds
Fame Bonus: 3%
Feed Power: 185

Dark Metal Hammer

"Only dark metal can bend dark metal. Used to forge the very armor Oryx uses."

Tier: 6
MP Cost: 95
Duration: 5.5 seconds
Stat Bonuses: +2 VIT +2 WIS
Fame Bonus: 4%
Feed Power: 380

Jade/Garnet Hammer

"The power of Xil is embed deep within the hammer, unleashing radial bursts with every swing"
(Drops from respective Statue)

Tier: UT
MP Cost: 120
Duration: 3 seconds
Range: 3
Effect: Sharpen to all, Armored and Healing to self
Stat Bonuses: +2 ATK +2 WIS
Fame Bonus: 6%
Feed Power: 750

Patch Notes

8/14:
Fixed some minor details in level up status
Jade/Garnet hammers nerfed, now give armored and small healing time
Thank JawsJakt for html layout and cleanup of sprites

[Spoilers] NEW CLASS: Bard

Good idea

only problem with this is that it makes a glass sword almost the same as an acclaim

and it overpowers the crap out of the spirit dagger :confused:

That was my thinking for this overall. A lot of minimax items swept under the rug for more solid items. Plus I’d love to see glass swords and sprite wands everywhere

eww sprite wands… they r so wavey

This is the first original idea I’ve seen in a long time, props to you for this one. Nice sprites, too.

I see some irregularities in the ability.
First off, tier 2 and tier 3 are identical, except that the mp cost is higher of tier 3, so why would I use that? (Except for the fame bonus)

Second, T6 is worse than T5, seeing as Vit and Wis stats are pretty much useless with pets. Also all other class T5 and T6 abilities are the same except for 2vit, 2wis, I suggest you make T6 the exact same as T5 and just give it +2 VIT and +2 WIS.

Actually, glass sword would still be worse than the t8.

Also, I just want to say that this is amazing simply because it makes sprite wand have the highest dps of any wand in the game. (even wand of the fallen falls short by 30 damage xD).

Interesting class idea and innovative way to buff allies. Initially I thought the standalone stats were a little high, but on further consideration, the def would be warranted from lack of def in ability, and higher att and dex might be ok because the ability does not boost swords as much as damaging and berserk. In fact, oddly enough, (like tsunami pointed out,) it provides a much greater benefit to daggers. Still think that dex would be better at 55 tops.

In the end a cool idea but it is another sword class, so its likely to be overlooked.

Now although the class idea is original, the thought of having an effect that will

has been suggested before. This can be found here;

Just thought I’d point that out.

Very good idea! I love how the ability makes more chancedependent it ms like sprite wands and spirit daggers useful. I would also add a cool down on people affected by the status, so multiple weaponsmiths can’t perma sharpen a crowd. Also, I would suggest removing berserk on the jade and garnet hammers, because although the cool down is high, that dps buff plus armored really makes him a bit overpowered. I would increase the cool down to 7.5 and completly take away berserk, cuz weapon smiths also shouldn’t make you shoot faster, just do more damage. Maybe to compensate for the nerf add a instant 50 hp area heal as well, just a suggestion

One issue I see here is the gain per level. If you gain 20 to 30 mana per level, you are going to reach 252 before you even get level 20.

now think about how many people have sprite wands… are willing to farm for sprite wands… and can aim sprite wands… Not many, eh?

As pretty much everyone else has pointed out, I’m a fan of this idea’s originality. This is the first time that I’ve heard of anything like this.

###Ability

Since the issue here is that some weapons have a large spread, and thus low damage and this would just make them OP, consider dampening the effect by dealing 75% of the difference between max and minimum.

For example, if your weapon does 1-500 damage, rather than giving the weapon max damage (in this case 499 since the max roll is never rolled when attacking, you would do 75% of 500-1, aka .75*499=374.25=374 damage on hit every time.

This would help to take away from the fact that some lower tiered items have such a large spread while still creating a massive DPS boost for items across the board.
###Sprite
I don’t know why he has both a sword and a hammer. If it is possible, retool the sprite so that he has just a hammer and no sword. This would require some creativity, but I think it can be done. Perhaps he might need to use two hands on the hammer. I don’t know. It could be done. This isn’t that big of a deal, but I just think it’s weird that he’s holding a sword and not a hammer in his main hand.

###UT Item

Woah there bud. Think about what you just said. Below I have done the DPS calculations for you. You can see the weaponsmith in green and the warrior in blue. Bright green and blue reflect the dps with the ability used. Dark green and blue reflect the dps without any ability usage.

As you can see from the graph, your weaponsmith the UT item used would be putting out about 7,200 DPS. That’s 38% more than a maxed out warrior. That’s absolutely insane. On top of that, you want to add armored? I don’t think so buddy. You don’t get to have the benefits of a Jugg, a ggen, AND a pally buff.

I SHOULD NOTE, THIS GRAPH DOES NOT INCLUDING SHARPENING. Sharpening would push your DPS up to about 8000 (an 11% increase). This would make the weaponsmith do about 42% more damage than a warrior. You need to take into account the fact that this would lay waste to every other dps class (i’m look at you wizard and archer). No can do.

You need to cut out some of your abilities. Honestly, I would do sharpenening and armored. This way you don’t completely create an OP dps class. I mean at least warrior has to switch between jugg and ggen to get this effect.

To be honest I lumped this out in about an hour after a great idea so I was going around seeing what I can do. I’ll do some balance changes to this.

Also I don’t want to introduce a new weapon into the game, as we already have Katana being used once. I was considering making this the next katana class but I think I’ll leave it to Naruto to take it.

Hey I couldn’t help but notice that you did a reasonable job at formatting but could do better!
Not everyone knows how to make a table in html so I figured I could help ya out.

This is what it will look like:

Base Gain/Level Average Max
HP 200 20-30 675 770
MP 100 2-8 195 252
ATT 13 1-2 41 60
DEF 0 0 0 30
SPD 10 0-2 29 55
DEX 10 0-2 29 60
VIT 10 0-2 35 60
WIS 10 1-2 35 60

And this it what it looks like raw.
I put spaces in to make the text visible.
The spaces are all located after a <

Raw HTML

< table style=“width:100%”>
< tr>
< th>< /th>
< th>Base
< /th>
< th>Gain/Level
< /th>
< th>Average
< /th>
< th>Max
< /th>
< /tr>
< tr>
< td>< b>HP< /b>< /td>
< td>200< /td>
< td>20-30< /td>
< td>675< /td>
< td>770< /td>
< /tr>
< tr>
< td>< b>MP< /b>< /td>
< td>100< /td>
< td>2-8< /td>
< td>195< /td>
< td>252< /td>
< /tr>
< tr>
< td>< b>ATT< /b>< /td>
< td>13< /td>
< td>1-2< /td>
< td>41< /td>
< td>55< /td>
< /tr>
< tr>
< td>< b>DEF< /b>< /td>
< td>0< /td>
< td>0< /td>
< td>0< /td>
< td>30< /td>
< /tr>
< tr>
< td>< b>SPD< /b>< /td>
< td>10< /td>
< td>0-2< /td>
< td>29< /td>
< td>55< /td>
< /tr>
< tr>
< td>< b>DEX< /b>< /td>
< td>10< /td>
< td>0-2< /td>
< td>29< /td>
< td>60< /td>
< /tr>
< tr>
< td>< b>VIT< /b>< /td>
< td>10< /td>
< td>0-2< /td>
< td>35< /td>
< td>60< /td>
< /tr>
< tr>
< td>< b>WIS< /b>< /td>
< td>10< /td>
< td>1-2< /td>
< td>35< /td>
< td>60< /td>
< /tr>
< /table>

You can edit this same table to fit your needs if you plan to put all of the abilities together too.

Aside from that I cleaned up your sprites a bit.

Sprites

Or, you can use a fancy GIF.

I’ll be honest here, I am not a fan of this class idea but I noticed that quite a few people do like it. That and you at least tried to make your post look appealing so I decided this was worth putting together.

Oh, and if ya want to use summaries all ya gotta do is this:

Topic

Content

To use the table reply to this post and select the “Quote Whole Post” option on the very left of the toolbar. (In the same section and bold and italics are.) From there ya can copy and paste.

EDIT: Didn’t know tables couldn’t go into summaries. Welp, ya learn something new everyday.

Also forgot about the Quote Whole Post feature, only to be reminded minutes later. Lots more efficient than what I suggested before!

5 star post my man, much appreciated

I had a 2/8 priest (I suck) who used it only :D. It was super fun.

There is no problem with the weapon itself. I just have a problem with the sprite.

Thanks for remembering about my idea, I really tought nobody would remember it x)

I don’t know about the “sharpening” ability, maybe you should make the hammers looks like enchanted or something.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

The General Chat Thread