The Wielder (Original Class Idea)

I’ve had two ideas for RotMG classes and both are extremely similar. This one being the Wielder, a high damaging class which wields a hammer.
This class would deal massive amounts of damage to enemies in exchange for a lower rate of fire, compared to most other classes. The projectile range would also be the shortest on average, due to the souvierly high damage ranges. In my opinion, these debuffs would ensure the player makes every shot count and make it a little bit harder to kill gods in the Mountains (Godlands) and attack bosses with high damage outputs. However, this class would be best suited for clearing mobs due to some hammers firing multiple projectiles in a compact space and the ability for the hammers shots to pass through multiple targets.
There is a possibility of it being a tanky class, having defence as a stat that increases by 1 every two levels (x-½x (excluding any values that are not intergers)), leaving the player with 10 defence base defence at level 20, bringing a new concept, yet old mechanic to the game.

Level 1 Statistics:

Hit Points: 175
Magic Points: 75
Attack: 20
Defence: 1
Speed: 6
Dexterity: 5
Vitality: 20
Wisdom: 25

Gain Per Level:

Hit Points: 25-30
Magic Points: 3-7
Attack: 1-3
Defence: 0.5 (1 per 2 levels)
Speed: 0-1
Dexterity: 0-2
Vitality: 0-2
Wisdom: 1-2

Average at Level 20:

Hit Points: 697.5
Magic Points: 170
Attack: 58
Defence: 10
Speed: 15.5
Dexterity: 24
Vitality: 39
Wisdom: 53.5

Base Statistics Cap:

Hit Points: 800
Magic Points: 200
Attack: 60
Defence: 35
Speed: 35
Dexterity: 47.5
Vitality: 82.5
Wisdom: 75

[Note: Designs have been made, but images are too small to see unless viewed in “Paint” and zoomed in by 800%, therefore making them temporarily unavailible]

Weapon: Hammers

T0) Ball-peen Hammer: 60-80 (70)
T1) Rusty Mallet: 35-85 (60)
T2) Iron Mallet: 80-90 (85)
T3)Workshop Hammer: 10-110 (60)
T4) Sledgehammer: 90-100 (95)
T5) Brass Hammer: 75-125 (100)
T6) Bronzed Hammer: 90-110 (100)
T7) Gilded Mallet: 85-145 (115)
T8) Hammer of Decrepitude: 125-275 (200)
T9) Bloodbound Hammer: 200-260 (230)
T10) Sapphire Cross-peen: 205-295 (250)
T11) Bloodshed Hammer: 210-320 (265)
T12) Hammer of Magmus: 265-325 (295)
UT) Double Cross-peen: 100-185 (142.5)
UT) The Luminary Stone: 390-410 (400)
UT) Rounded Flail-mace: ???

[Yet to be completed]

Weapon Type: Hammers
Special Ability: ???
Armour Type: Fleeces/Coats
Ring: (Rings)

[Note: Need suggestions on practical ability items and Rounded Flail-Mace damage. Suggestions will be taken into consiseration and alterations will be made when a decision has been come to].

[[Update] i may also need guidance on balancing this class ideas’ statistics as it my come across “broken” (either overpowered, underpowered or unrealistic)].

Def should stay at 0 when leveling

Pretty unique and clever idea, but I feel like it drifts too far away from everything else. Stats should not be able to max with decimals, and they are too large of a range.

I like the originality here, but I think that you went a little too far.

First like given to you?

Its a new concept for a new class. I’m attempting to keep the idea fresh and original, therefore giving a constant defence increase to this class due to major offensive debuffs, such as; lower dexterity (including lower fire rate of hammers), lower speed am decreased MP.

Thanks for your constructive criticism. Guide me on how to alter the class and make it less “broken” as I have only used mathematical methods to work out the Base Stat Cap, not common sense.

Ability = gauntlet???
Just an idea

I did think of this as an initial concept for this, but what would it do and what would the sprites look like?

Like gloves i guess, and it would for a temporary time increase weapon range and shot speed maybe?

Note: Hp is high while mp is low.
First thing I noted was that the vit is broken high. AT 82.5, this is higher then any other class adn just doesn’t fit the class. Also, it has the lowest spd and would be absolutly destroyed in late game.

Also, creating a new weapon might be okay but do not create a new hide pls

Armours can get a bit boring though - i mean 14 classes and 3 types… - , with new armours comes new UT’s which adds variety to the game. I’ll show the armours type (Fleece/Coat) later possibly, when i find my ideas page, you can see it for yourself and judge whether it’s a good concept or not.

Thats actally a great idea, I will come up with the design later and update this so you can see the changes that I’ve made and an image of the Gauntlet. P.S. Did you mean increase the speed which shots travel at or the rate of fire?

I see what you’re saying about the attack as it’s unnecessarily high which does not suit the weapon as the hammers also have high damage outputs, I completely agree. I shall nerf the attack down to around 20-25 Base Stat Cap, but the Vitality is purposely high as this class would be unplayable against certain enemies as the Hammers would have the lowers range and average rate of fire of all the weapons, therefore requiring you to “go deep” at consequently take hits which you would rapidly beed to recover from. I may leave it at 80 Vit at max.

I think that this could be a good idea. However, what you have chosen to ignore is that for many of us, we have a fat ass creature who follows us called a pet and in most cases, a pet removes the purpose of vitality. Instead, I think it would make more logical sense to have more spd and less vit. The main reason behind this is in late game, it doesn’t matter how much def or vit you have because the bosses will shred you so fast, that all that will end up mattering is how fast you can get out and how many extra seconds you can get from your hp. However, with your amount of spd, you would get shredded by everything and you could never get close to something taht you would actually want to kill

Definitely taking all of this into consideration, you gave been a great help. As there is no need for vitality most of the desirable features of this class shall involve the Gauntlet ability suggested by Nameness. I shall slightly nerf vitality by 5, buff speed by 6 and ability shall inflict pet stasis on user in turn for Increased range of the weapon weilded. I know this is far from perfect so I know other alterations will be essential.

i really don’t think we need a new weapon rn…

Travel Speed

We need another katana class lol

Samurai When

I thought samurai was a really cool idea until I saw how it’s been overused…
But we do need a new katana class soon.

It could bring a bit of variety to the game, once the idea is properly finished it is up yo others to decide. It’s just an idea anyway.