The Wine Cellar and Oryx's Sanctuary portals should be kept open permanently.

2 shield runes btw.

Haven’t gotten one in 4 months btw.

ah yes

this seems like a man who spends his time in the realm and kills event gods

I do that and I’ve gotten a grand total of one (1) Shield Rune as a drop, bringing me to, what, 6/5/5 or so.
I think I would agree with the rates being too low and in need of a buff.

idk man, i got 2 helms 4 swords 1 shield and i play like 4 hrs a week?

Sounds like RNG to me. Works fine for rewards, but not so much for gating actual gameplay.

To make Oryx’s Sanctuary 100% free to enter on a normal day/permanently might be a little too generous in my opinion (outside of events ofc), especially given that the loot the dungeon drops as well as their rates have been balanced with this limited ascessibility in mind.

But that being said, I really don’t like the current rune system since it pretty much forces you to join a discord run, alongside the fact that with how rare runes are and how discord raid groups are run, has led to the dreaded entitled, privileged and toxic behaviour of having “private” runs or owning realms.

For a good while, I’ve seen a few different ideas from people to try and make the dungeon more accessible and become more public-friendly (I’ll list 2 of my favourite ideas below, albeit slightly modified). The loot chances would definitely have to be revised if any of these alternate ideas actually became reality, so I suppose it boils down to the fact of whether you prefer being able to do more runs with less drop rate, or less runs with the drop rate we have now.

1 - Have a chance of having one of the three runes already present

Straightforward, it’s basically the event we are having right now, except it’s permanent and doesn’t always happen. That way, instead of always having to require all 3 runes, it only takes 2 runes sometimes instead.

The original idea suggested that there would be a x% chance for one rune to appear, a much lower chance for 2 runes to appear, and a very unbelievably low chance for all 3 to appear. That could possibly work, but we don’t want to make runes completely irrelevant so I’d prefer if it was just a small chance of one of the three runes being present

2 - No runes needed to enter, but you suffer very harsh punishments throughout the run without them

Basically, the podiums arise as usual, but after a certain amount of time (eg. 30 seconds), Oryx’s Sanctuary opens regardless of whether runes were used or not. The twist here is that the absence of a specific rune will inflict a permanent, incurable debuff on you throughout the dungeon run. For example, with no sword rune, your attack damage will be halved, or no shield rune means your defense is halved (or health reduced), and maybe no helmet rune means your speed is reduced by 35%. Again this is just an example, but the gist is that you can technically complete the dungeon with no runes, but it will be extremely dangerous and much harder. It doesn’t take away the relevance of runes, because most players would want to maximise their survivability, so it would still encourage people to use runes to ensure a smoother, more realistically possible run.

The original idea was basically the same except that the runes gave you buffs instead. But seeing as how people can already do O3 in the current times and how he’s meant to be the hardest boss, definitely didn’t see this working out.

Just a whole lotta polls

i will direct you to my 6 oreo drops since o3 came out.

and my 3 qots.

i don’t get anything else

to be fair that post seemed like sarcasm

That’s like when someone posted they did 1200 Undead Lairs with no dbow drop.

Are you hacking the servers for runes?

(first of all, just because you’ve gotten 6 oreos and 3 qots doesnt mean you spend your time extensively in the realm. we’ve all seen your luck bruv, no need to be ostentatious about it. we get it.)
ok, ever since o3 came out, all the discords for o3 came out lol. this was when raids started and found realms with a few heroes left to clear (prob either around ents or liches). assuming that you were in at least a few of these discords since o3 started (i cant imagine why not), it would make sense to me that you were getting some of these event whites simply because you wanted to get to o3 via clearing the realm, NOT because you were being in the realm for funs/grinding for runes like some of these other good lads who are not as fortunate as you.

my point about that comment was in response to your

bro, o3 came out 3-4 months ago. i’m sure u wanted to delegate all your time in farming runes BEFORE o3 came out so you could run him as much as possible and get a head start, hence why you got such a plentiful amount b4 his release. but ever SINCE o3 came out, i bet you’ve spent more time in search for o3 runs (via discords/friends) rather than extensively grinding for shield runes in the realm (which would make sense that you havent gotten any in “4 months” cuz u dont spend any time trynna get them, unlike some of these other good gentlemen).

regardless, rune rates need to be buffed.

this guy’s got it

Does he really have good luck though? Probably average luck, because he spends so much time playing. He might get a lot of whites, but he sure plays (or played, think he quit again but not sure) a lot.
Edit: nope he didn’t quit

6 oreos? 3 qots? bruh, i’ve never owned either of those items in my time of playing realm for 8+ years, and I play a lot lol.

i’m certain there are a handful of players who are in the same boat as me. we just have abysmal luck when it comes to event whites, and i think it’s fair to say that others have it the other way around.

I actually spent quite a bit of time grinding during the 2x event white event, instead of finishing my wizard’s exaltations.

lol the 2x event white happened b4 the o3 event. ur saying that you could have finished your wizard’s exaltations b4 ur warrior (which was completed DURING the o3 event)?

What does this have to do with Oryx’s Sanctuary being permanently opened?

my warrior finished during the cult event

i needed 20 cults 7 fungals for wizard at the start of the o3 event

you could ask candyshi the exact same thing. earlier, though, in my reply to his response, and i said

i accounted for the topic and gave me opinion. candyshi, intead of accounting for the “regardless, rune rates need to be buffed”, he decided to defend himself in saying that

which doesnt make sense considering that he was the 1st player to exalt a character, along with craykiller, during the o3 event. but candy claims that he spent his time grinding the 2x event (which was b4 the o3 event) instead of “finishing my wizard’s exaltations”. i was asking for a clarification in his defense because it strikes me as odd that he could have finished his wizzy’s exaltations b4 his warrior’s (which, keep in mind, was completed during the o3 event) if he had not chosen to farm events.

see above

no.

immediately puts the same thing below