There should be a new subcategory in "Forum Feedback"

I see a lot of questions on “Forum Feedback” (I also just posted a question on Forum Feedback), so I think there should be a “Questions & Answers” subsection in “Forum Feedback”, just like in “The Academy”. Just a quick suggestion.

I don’t see why not…

Another thing that is really needed there is a link to the discourse meta.

Well, not many posts are in Forum Feedback in the first place, and the description says that it is also for asking questions about Forums, so I don’t see why it would be needed. :confused:

What we really need is a realmeye feedback page.

On that topic, I really don’t want to step on the toes of our benefactors. If they want to use the forum as an alternative feedback mechanism for the main site they certainly don’t need our permission to add the category themselves.

As for meta.discourse… I don’t want the devs of the whole platform to deal with feedback from our users. If something is going on that warrants their attention then forum admins will bring it to their attention. I would imagine this is the reason why the forum software by default doesn’t include any links or mentions on who wrote the software: they don’t want to deal with user issues.

The reason why I would like a link to the discourse meta is that people could use that to find information about the forums (for example the exact reqs for the trust levels) or about features that could be used for this forum.
A simple note that this forum uses discourse as software would also be good to since people could then use google for their questions and wouldnt have to make a new thread for everything.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.