Things I wish DECA would never do

1. Nerf a class (in stats)

-ROTMG needs op classes because the game is very challenging and stressful. Therefore, you need op classes to make the game more easy, and have a character you can rely on.

-Nerfing makes all those pots go to waste.

-My favorite character(s) can be ruined.

If DECA wants to make all the classes more balanced, they should BUFF the other classes, not nerf them.

2. Endgame dungeons (loot to risk ratio)

-The Lost Halls is a very dangerous place, and many enemies can insta pop an 8/8. What do you get from colo? A def and atk pot. Life and mana if you are lucky. Void is like 2x harder than colo and you get 0 a lot. Only 1 life and 1 mana guaranteed if you get loot. Troom can be difficult without QOT and drops potions that come from gland dungeons. Cultist is very hard without a good group, but you can teleport. Drops 0 most of the time.

-Nest is not that dangerous if you are in a good group, but it is still very dangerous. You get 2 dex and a life if you are lucky. Enemies in the dungeon can drop pots and gear, and the troom drops def (guaranteed troom too!). This dungeon, in my opinion, is more profitable than Lost Halls. NOTE: the enemies barely drop gear or pots.

I think it is necessary for DECA to buff the loot drop rates in the new endgame dungeons, and hopefully they will not make more endgame dungeons that drops very little compared to what you are risking.

3. Make new items SB
-Yay, a new item came out! Oh it’s soulbound… I would need to grind my ass out to get it, and when I do get it, I will be too afraid to lose it, so I’ll probably keep it in my vault for a year…OR I could use it, thinking that I am in “god mode” for some reason, play recklessly with it and die. OR OR you could get vitamin D supplements, live in the restroom, get a nice comfy toilet seat, install a desk and have a lot of SB items and master using them.

-Economy can be ruined by making the items SB, but it will stabilize after a while. If DECA is too afraid to make items un-SB, every single new item will be SB, and that can’t happen forever.

-There will always be dupers, and we have to live among them even if we don’t like them. AND I’m pretty sure DECA can remove duping in the future.

Note: I KNOW the new dungeons drop white bags, but they are incredibly rare. Also, the new Tiered SB items give very slight benefits compared to WC tops.

I wish deca would never fix their servers.

So much truth in these words. The other day I realized that the only items Deca released that wasn’t sb was royal jelly and gravel.

The best part is out comes a mystery box and suddenly everyone has this st set that you don’t want to or can’t buy.

Challenging? Ha! But everything else is sound.

And here I am, thinking that some classes defo need a nerfcough KNIGHT cough, lh’s give way too much loot and is ok with SBing new items.

dude lh is very profitable if you have a loot potion on in the void bam you can get a lot of items

DECA never made mistake

Remove loot drop and loot tier potion from daily
Quest

Cough cough

Wait, so it’s not normal to do this?
don’t judge me

Actually not sure if this is sarcastic

I’ll bite and play Devil’s advocate here. I doubt I’m the best qualified here, though. Usually sir Nevov or Doc understands the game way better.

1.Nerf a class (in stats)
They have never done this so far, so I don’t think this is in their mind. That being said, even if classes are nerfed, a few def pots or attack pots won’t kill me. You can take 10 attack of the Necro, and if you managed to get maxed Necro in the first place, 10 attack pots aren’t that big to begin with (Not saying the Necro needs a nerf, of course).

I do have a problem on your first point; RotMG does not NEED OP classes because it is very challenging and stressful. In fact, one of the reasons it is very challenging AND stressful is because it does NOT have OP Classes. Besides, creating enjoyable content for OP classes tend to fall on the too easy and brain dead side, or ridiculously spiked in difficulty.

Just look at the recent advances. Pet stasis, and status effects galore, all because pets have upset the balance so bad.

Also, if DECA wants to make classes more balanced, you need to REWORK them. Not buff or nerf. Adapt their abilities to post-pet era. It may come as buff (sorc, huntress) but it would be made with pets in mind by then.

2.Risk vs Loot Ratio

I agree that the danger for mastering Lost Halls or the Nest sucks compared to a simple Sprite World grind in Risk vs Loot ratio. Though, if dungeons are purely rated via risk vs loot, sprite world would be the best dungeon in the game, so I believe that isn’t what you mean.

I believe that the value that comes in the Nest or Lost Halls comes not from the loot drops, but from the challenge gotten for defeating difficult bosses. I agree a more… practical reward would be very nice. Perhaps the Quest Chest from these could be better. Having the option to choose which epic chest to do that day would be pretty awesome. Perhaps separate each chest depending to the dungeon marks required at that point.

3.Make new items Tradable
I believe what you mean is un-SB, rather than SB?

YES, DECA should… after fixing the mass duping issue. Right now, having things like a jugg or queen’s stinger readily available at a few life pots drop leads to difficulties like the Lost Halls to be released. I’d say these things could be un-SB, as long as they’re not duped to death, so balance of power of an item in any given average group could be controlled, so there’s enough design space left for actual challenges instead of just ridiculously tanky bosses or insta-pop sitters.

Whew, that was quite the exercise of mind! I look forward to other’s discussion in this topic.

Void is actually easier with the same amount people, if you hit soulbound (which you should) you get guaranteed life and mana

Knight isn’t really very good in LH.

They are soulbound because dubers exist still

Yeah ik but it’s just a shame it has to be like that.

U dont use Knight in LH’s either.

[quote=“Qiytrcgfhy, post:1, topic:18482”]
This dungeon, in my opinion, is more profitable than Lost Halls.
[/quote] Now, lets see how I got 3 vaults full of life and mana, and nice(ish) white bags? At least you get more than a mark or greater dex, if you get a mark lucky you.
Edit: Geater dex autocorrected to sexual… what???

To be fair you can do nests with half as many people as a lost halls.

Lost halls also has a higher death rate.

But other than that, I agree that lost halls is a better source of profit

:joy::joy::joy: