This Is How We Roll: Decision-Making While Rolling

XD who else skipped the whole thing just to see how long it was.

fuck the horrors of prob and stat class are flooding back now

y’all hear sumn?

Okay, that warrants a :laughing:…and a trip straight to the Level 20 probability tables. :slight_smile:

I see that they just released an 8 pack of these in the store (packages tab). With XP boosters helping to fasten the pace of leveling it barely seems worth even the discounted cost.

Historically, I have used the image three times and have always received a 0 or positive hp/no roll, but that is not statistically sound. Has anyone used them and recieved a negative roll?

Sorry I missed the assumption that you only check the roll once.

I think I used two of them and once rolled 0 and the other time -8 iirc.

From my Sorc, that I used it on:
I could probably put the other one I got (from the Oryxmas Mystery Gift) on my Samurai and see what I get.

i have an idea!
if the roll was above average, the stats would be in a green color, like this:+30 HP
if the roll was below average, the stats would be in a red color, like this:+20 HP
this could only be applicable to the hp and mp stats, or it could be added to every stat.

Or just have something track the roll progress and give you the equivalent of /tell MrEyeball stats.

Honestly I’m so bad at remembering stuff, keeping track of 9 lvl ups and their respective changes to the roll is too challenging ;-;. Especially when I use my extraordinarily big brain to compute 2 + 2 = 5

So, something along the lines of…

Options -> General -> Show stat incr. on level up

As well as

Command: /stats - Shows the difference in stats compared to average stats at that level

Well, that’s just your thoughts translated into my thoughts, translated into my words. Sort of.

Wait… this is not necessarily true if you stop early

Edit: Also how did you create the cumulative Q probabilities table? I’m guessing a Mathematica program to do all the generating functions for you? Or did you manually sum them all up lol

Edit 2: Oh oops sniped by Mynamerr

… rank of that roll or better

No, it’s not, but the math gets all ugly and recursive when you begin to take that into account. Simply taking this one decision into account, on its own, in a relative vacuum, makes things a bit simpler. I do plan on addressing this, however.

Excel. It hardly took any time at all. Once I share the spreadsheet things should be much more apparent.

That kind of goes without saying, of course. Still, is what “percentile rank” means, good sir.

I got a -1 hp on my knight, have to drink an extra life pot now. rip

The General Chat Thread

Wow. Wtf. So much math. Why and what.

what job do you have if you don’t mind me asking

The General Chat Thread

I’m a mathematician and I appreciate this greatly.

So you just did a bunch of math to confirm with 100% accuracy what seems like common sense? Neat.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.