Thoughts on upcoming Assassin & Sorcerer reworks?

Just a thread for people to discuss their thoughts on the upcoming reworks for these classes. I don’t have an opinion as of now on the reworks (mostly because I barely play the classes myself), so I’m interested in what other people think.

kinda disappointed in what i saw of the sorc rework, but the assassin is gonna be fucking nuts, if they can just make poisons throw faster, or maybe apply thru invulnerability

It’s not that assassin is going to be good, it’s that the community exaggerates how bad assassin is currently making the reworks seem insane

Really? I’ve been playing sorc recently since MOTMG started and man is it crazy good. Shockblast does crazy damage, and it doesn’t decrease per enemy hit like the lightning does. It is amazing. Devastation feels much weaker in comparison now, but it is prolly because I don’t have an endgame set that optimized attack for it.

My assassin PPE on the otherhand still feels pretty weak. Only 1k damage on the poison and it takes quite a bit of mana. I’m guessing with the % damage boost it will scale very well with end-game gear, but I am bummed to see that the poisons still don’t deal much damage at all

Yeah after playing so much on a Sorcerer TPE, I can definitely say that shockblast is really good, especially on bosses that spawn enemies on themselves. I remember having fun spawnkilling Nefret’s minions in the realm.

Sorc is much better now. Some things it’s stupidly OP when the Shockblast stacks; I can get the dragon through its first/third phase in seconds, with one or two ability uses on the segments. The Hermit, Cube Gods, Skull Shrines all are fast/trivial to clear. Dungeons you can clear almost as quickly as you can move, often clearing rooms at a time.

Even the Horrific Sorcerer set got some attention; the stat bonuses now are much more reasonable. The wand and ability though are still pretty strange to use, and it now gives you 85 SPD which is too fast to be playable in many situations.

They seemed to have nerfed Devastation with a massive damage cut to its main/Lightning damage, which Shockwave doesn’t compensate for. It was already pretty niche with other sceptres doing almost as much damage but to many more enemies; now it’s hard to see it getting any use.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.