Thread for minor forum bugs that arent worth making an own thread

Huh? I don’t see what is wrong here?

Says 3 unread but shows 4 unread

This is intended behaviour, it counts your unread here, as that is where it links to.

I dont understand what that has to do with the wrong number.

Your latest unread topic is only 1m old, seems that it might update the blue number graphic on the fly, but leaves the wording “x unread remaining” unchanged. Would suggest it’s maybe a Discourse-wide thing.

The “x unread” one did update without refreshing, at least it did in the past.
I never saw the blue numbers change at that part, I think they can only change to grey.

Well I’m saying, based off everything in the screenshot the number isn’t wrong. Oh wait I see… nvm

This is a poll.

• a
  • b
  • c

0 voters

• Aaa
  • Bbb
  • Ccc

0 voters

• AAA
  • BBB
  • CCC

0 voters

The poll names are the same, so it fetches the poll from the current comment.

For some reason the close button for the second poll I just edited in doesn’t show.
Maybe it only shows for the first one because that poll is a poll within this comment.
In that case, fixing the first bug would fix the second too.

Deleted post wasn’t replaced with the delete placeholder before being put on the death timer:

The link points at https://www.realmeye.com/forum/u/mynamerr/preferences/account
but should go to https://www.realmeye.com/forum/u/mynamerr/preferences/notifications

I really think your thinking too much into this

I could make the comment a reply to itself because there was an error.
The error put the comment down in grey, but you can press reply on that grey comment then, which I did accidentally.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Reopened for ongoing use.

1 - editing a quoted post re-sends notifications to all quoted users.

2 - quoting your own post counts it as a reply, and will show up when viewing replies

40 PM

3 - an image of a width greater than 500px will autoscale on upload, but an image of height greater than 500px will sometimes be cut off. it’s not consistent.

4 - link click counter only works with certain syntaxes (i know for a fact it’s not supported by html’s <a> tag, and i’m not too sure with markdown’s [hyperlink name](link) syntax either.)

5 - i’ve been getting this one recently although i don’t have a photo of it atm: in the suggested topics area, read topics that are colored as light grey will sometimes have an unread post count, which makes no sense.

edit: here

47 PM

6 - idk if this is an issue that everyone’s getting or just me; when scrolling up a bit quickly, it jumps all the way up to the top of the newly loaded posts.

7 - loading new posts sometimes takes an abnormally long time, at least for me, but clicking anywhere on the site immediately loads them.

8 - having unreads on one device, reading them on another one, and then coming back to the first device will still have them displayed as unread, and new or unread posts will still increment that number.
(example scenario: on device a, you have 5 unreads. switch to device b and read them all, and device a will still display “There are 5 unread remaining.” if a new unread pops up, it’ll say “There are 6 unread remaining” instead of updating to the proper number)

9 - needs support for more html stuff :((

emoijs in titles dont work in the front page topic list