Tier 7 and 8 Ability Items: now with names and junk!

I’m sure that you’re familiar with the T7-8 ability items that have floated around in the game’s files for centuries, but there was never an earnest attempt to christen them with names and flavor text.

UNTIL TODAY

Cloak of Nightmares
A moonwoven Cloak worn by slayer cults who spill the blood of emperors in their abhorrent mission to create a new order.

Cloak of Emptiness
An ancient Duskcloak that shifts in and out of existence, swaddling its wearer in an all-consuming nothingness.

Quiver of the Autumn King
A sun iron quiver passed through a royal elven lineage, whose legendary skills in archery have protected the Forest Kingdoms for millennia.

Quiver of Gaia
A treasured arboreal quiver wielded by heralds of the Earth Goddess. It fires arrows of sacred life energy which smite corruption and darkness.

Burning Retribution Spell
A catastrophic spell of holy destruction, concocted in secrecy by the Liturgical Ones in their quest to learn a single letter of the Divine language.

Spell of Galactic Creation
A sacred spell of both order and annihilation, accumulating ancient energies to fabricate a macrocosmic system and destroy it in the blink of an eye.

Tome of Hallowed Language
A tome beatified in starlight and written on paper from the ancient Wisdom Trees, it cloaks the worthy in divine reverence.

Tome of Sacred Thought
A wondrous tome of the seraphic scribesmen to record the deeds of all noble heroes and lend them their immortality.

Helm of the Tribune
A cobalt helm of regal grandeur, whose wearers have upraised the greatest legions and inspired total domination.

Helm of Imperial Right
A direhelm worn by the champion of men in their steadfast conquest of realms beyond even death.

Shield of Orcish Regalia
A mighty shield smithed in the burning rivers of the demonic realms to grant the right of sovereignty over the brutal Orclands.

Shield of Belligerence
An indestructible shield crafted by the earthgiants, bearing a long history of destruction and strife by entire nations who wish to claim it.

Seal of Invocation
A jubilant seal of celebration, granted to the most righteous crusaders as they challenge the evergrowing threat of demonic legions.

Seal of RIghteous Victory
A crimson seal that is granted phenomenal power through the spilled blood of martyrs who fought for the welfare of all mankind.

Necrofish Poison
The oceanic Necrofish’s highly noxious poisons that could befoul entire swaths of the seas.

Grimhydra Venom
Horrific toxins taken from the fangs of the plutonian Grimhydra, diluted with lesser poisons to make it possible for mortals to handle.

Mindwaster Skull
A horrendously debauched martyr’s skull that has been brought to ruin by foul enchantments of the Sulfurous Realms.

Skull of Sacrilege
The long revered skull of the papacy, faceted over many centuries to devour holy light and lead a conquest of darkness.

Depthchaser Trap
An explosive ocean trap constructed to tear open the ironhide of the abyssal Deepworm

Mantlecrusher Trap
An enormously dangerous trap engineered by Blastsmith Dwarves to annihilate the Magma Dragons that threaten their underkingdoms.

Dimensiongate Orb
An anomalous orb utilized by the astralmancers to banish demons who rose against them into a timeless void.

Realitylapse Orb
An unstable darkquartz orb used by reality-bending warlocks to tear open holes in existence and lock away enemies of the gods.

Prism of Reveries
A scintillating prism of duplicity, it infiltrates the deepest corners of the mind to awaken phantasmic entities that embody hatred and fear.

Prism of Mindscapes
A brilliant moonjade prism cut from a forsaken jewel that corrupts the consciousness and imprints psychopathic monsters in the feebleminded.

Scepter of The Firmament
An azure Scepter of elemental dominion, wielded by the sky charioteers to command the natural order of the overlands and the orchestration of astral bodies.

Scepter of Luminous Winds
A vermillion Scepter of the heavenly sovereign, utilized in the formation of the mortal realms by cleaving the infinite aether into a tremendous starstorm.

Dynastic Star
A heraldic shuriken of the ancient royal family, revered for its astonishingly lethal edge.

Circle of Unity
A marvelous treasure and destructive weapon that embodies the cardinal duality of light and dark.

Edit 1: Grammar edits, courtesy of @Stuartcat!

Tier 0 Items

You’ve always been great with names and descriptions, and you definitely don’t disappoint here! Nice!

My favorite part of new items are the descriptions and the cool sprite (mainly because I won’t be able to get the cool new items in the first place :frowning: )

Good job!

Looks too much like

Looks like

Looks like

Design is pretty close to

Looks like the Shield version of

Maybe a little more of a touch, looks way too similar to themselves and to T6

I like the names but not the sprites and most of them are from a you know what sever so I think deca would avoid that

The art is from Prod. Dapper added the names and descriptions.

Ah yes missed that part. Makes sense why they are so bland

Yeah like I said I like the names, I mean both the descriptions and names by that

I am having an extremely difficult time believing that this:

and this:

“fit in” with all those other sprites. are you sure you didn’t just make them yourself?

names and descriptions are ok I guess, all of the higher tiered items kind of sound the same tbh. vague references to non-canonical events and classes with some fancy words and/or names here and there. I don’t have a problem with it per se, it just doesn’t grab me as “fantastic”.

Sure is lots of red sprites

The stars are brand new and made by me; otherwise, they would be in the sprite sheet that I’ve linked to in the beginning.
Deca hadn’t utilized tier 7 abilities in the Lost Halls, so I doubt that they’ll ever truly be made. In any case that they do ever get used, they’ll probably have a new makeover like the newest tiered weapons and won’t be mistakable for low tier items, but I’ve included the sprites for the sake of authenticity.

y tho, the t13 and t14 shit was already unwanted

I like the OG names more than the names you came up with.

Stars are good tho :slight_smile:

He didnt MAKE the items. these are items that have been in the coding.

will these ability item get into game?

Maybe at some point. Probably not soon.

why dont deca add this into lost hall

Because it already drops a ton of stuff.

Either way, just some things that I’m noting out.

If RotMG still exists after 100 years, the top tiered orb will have a stasis duration of 10 minutes.

Say, why are the spell sprites all weird (on the spritesheet)?