Tier 7 Rings (Royal Crowns + Lore!)

The Chronicle of the Eight Kings

Long ago, the realm lived in peace and harmony as a bustling ecosystem of eight friendly kingdoms. The eight kings held a pact that one must never disrupt the peace of the realm or else the attempted usurper’s kingdom would face harsh consequences from all other kingdoms. Or so it was written…

The ruler of the Onyx Kingdom woke with a vision one night in the middle of his slumber. He had dreamt of invading the Sapphire Kingdom in order to develop the wisdom and cunning to overthrow the remaining kingdoms. The Onyx King, otherwise known as Oryx, was shocked by the vision he had had and rejected the evil dreams that had entered his mind. He knew that in order to keep the sanctity of the kingdoms, he must hold himself to his agreement with the other kings.

But the dreams kept occurring… Oryx woke again, night after night, having the same vision of overthrowing the Sapphire Kingdom. Oryx knew that this was not a coincidence. This was destiny.

Given that his kingdom had the most powerful defense, Oryx knew that even if the other kingdoms retaliated, that his stronghold, Oryx’s Castle, could withstand the barrage of attacks.

Oryx arranged his troops and for seven days and seven nights they laid siege to the Sapphire Kingdom until eventually the Sapphire King fell in battle. Oryx stole the king’s crown and held it in victory as his troops ransacked the Sapphire Kingdom and stole their written documents from within the Sapphire King’s library.

Just as the prophecy had foretold, the other kingdoms began their assault on the Onyx Kingdom. With the great defense of his castle walls, Oryx’s troops would not fall. The assault on Oryx’s Castle had failed and, with the militias of the other remaining six kingdoms in disarray, Oryx began his takeover. His armies assailed the other kingdoms and one after another, the remaining six kings fell.

The Onyx Kingdom had won. Their champion Oryx now sits on his throne with all eight of the realm’s powerful royal crowns in his possession.

But the prophecy held true… The usurper king would one day face the consequences.

I hoped you enjoyed the lore! Anyway, welcome to the main point of this thread… Oryx has stolen the crowns of the other seven kings of the realm! These crowns hold incredible power for simple warriors, like ourselves, to use in combat. These crowns are the Tier 7 rings and they have a small twist from the typical tiered rings… All of the rings in this thread have been made with balance in mind as the main priority. All of these tier 7 rings are viable rings and do not suffer from the issues that the previous tiers have where certain rings, such as vitality rings, have absolutely no use in the current meta. Despite this, some of the rings may be worse than others just due to the fact that some stats, ultimately, are not as important as others. Regardless, all rings in this post, from my point of view, are definitely viable rings that one would be very happy to earn.

Royal Crown of Health (alt: Crown of the Topaz King)

health

A remarkable golden crown adorned with perfectly cut topaz gems.

Tier 7

On Equip +200 HP

Fame Bonus 6%

Soulbound Soulbound

Feed Power 500

Loot Bag

Drop From Oryx the Mad God 3

Royal Crown of Magic (alt: Crown of the Amethyst King)

mana

A remarkable golden crown adorned with perfectly cut amethyst gems.

Tier 7

On Equip +150 HP, +70 MP

Fame Bonus 6%

Soulbound Soulbound

Feed Power 500

Loot Bag

Royal Crown of Attack (alt: Crown of the Spinel King)

attack

A remarkable golden crown adorned with perfectly cut spinel gems.

Tier 7

On Equip +150 HP, +7 ATT

Fame Bonus 6%

Soulbound Soulbound

Feed Power 500

Loot Bag

Royal Crown of Defense (alt: Crown of the Onyx King)

defense

A remarkable golden crown adorned with perfectly cut onyx gems.

Tier 7

On Equip +150 HP, +7 DEF

Fame Bonus 6%

Soulbound Soulbound

Feed Power 500

Loot Bag

Royal Crown of Speed (alt: Crown of the Emerald King)

speed

A remarkable golden crown adorned with perfectly cut emerald gems.

Tier 7

On Equip +150 HP, +7 SPD

Fame Bonus 6%

Soulbound Soulbound

Feed Power 500

Loot Bag

Royal Crown of Dexterity (alt: Crown of the Citrine King)

dexterity

A remarkable golden crown adorned with perfectly cut citrine gems.

Tier 7

On Equip +150 HP, +7 DEX

Fame Bonus 6%

Soulbound Soulbound

Feed Power 500

Loot Bag

Royal Crown of Vitality (alt: Crown of the Ruby King)

vitality

A remarkable golden crown adorned with perfectly cut ruby gems.

Tier 7

On Equip +150 HP, +7 VIT

Fame Bonus 6%

Soulbound Soulbound

Feed Power 500

Loot Bag

Royal Crown of Wisdom (alt: Crown of the Sapphire King)

wisdom

A remarkable golden crown adorned with perfectly cut sapphire gems.

Tier 7

On Equip +150 HP, +7 WIS

Fame Bonus 6%

Soulbound Soulbound

Feed Power 500

Loot Bag

Feedback and balance suggestions are encouraged! It is my dream to one day have these items put into the game and with the help of your suggestions, we may be able to accomplish that!

The Royal Treasures and the Crown of the True King (new endgame dungeon drops and a sidegrade to tiered rings)

hey this is perfect actually ! pls send it into the official rotmg discord so there they may see
here is just a non official forum
so post it there please i beg those in game ! : D

I’m thinking maybe one giant gem in the middle of the crown, since right now, the small gems make it a bit hard to see what ring type it is. Great idea overall, though!

So it’s been noted that many people want to sprites to move away from looking like a pseudo-admin crown and I will be trying to work on some new sprites for this idea sometime soon.

Additionally, I almost feel that naming the crowns after the respective kings from the lore might be a good idea. For example, “Crown of the Onyx King” and “Crown of the Topaz King” etc.

It’s pretty well known which gemstones are associated with which stat given that all previous tiered rings have the gemstones in their in-game descriptions. Might be worth while to change it up to something more interesting (especially since, despite being tiered items, all of these items besides the HP ring aren’t specifically rings for a specific stat ie. they all have HP added onto them to make them actually usable in combat).

I’ll put the alternate names in the original post and I’ll try to get some sprite reworks made in the next couple of days to see which people prefer.

Shouldn’t they drop as black bag ? I think whole new tops could use black bags? For sample resprited white bags or cyan bags?
bbag
boostedbbag

What is that from?

Pls just red bags

that’s what red bags are for

if black bags were added they’d need a new bag sprite, not just a colour swap

colour swapped bags are kinda gross

I personally am against the idea of putting such large portions of HP on tiers rings like this. affectively, they are all Hp rings with a secondary stat, even though this does make them all useable. Why? It just doesn’t feel like that should be the way the tiered rings work. Look at these compared to the t6 rings. These are comparable to t4 rings of their counterparts with extra health! (and t2 for magic crown)

at least make them excel as good as the t6 as what they are supposed to do. (my suggestion is to have the stats from +7 to +12, with perhaps +20 hp and mp)

Secondly, i wouldn’t take into account wis and vit with these. vit, as we all know, needs a rework, and wis rings are completely outclassed currently by geb’s ring of wisdom, suggesting these two stats need a re-work)

Long story short: in my opinion, health being meta is bad, and shouldn’t be encouraged.

So, I agree with what @Gidey said, but maybe you could keep a similar idea and make it so that there are two complimentary stats with one greater and one lesser? For example the ring of mana could give +190 mp and +5 wis, the att ring giving +12 att and +5 dex, the Dex ring giving +12 dex and +5 att. Or giving them passive effects would be good too, but they’d have to be something that still makes it feel like a tiered ring.

I, unlike many others, like the idea of black bags being implemented eventually, but not for this, that’s what red bags are for.

I personally would be fine with a white back recolor to black bag, and I find the red back orange bag and blue bag to be good looking color swaps.

So, I like the lore you implemented, but Oryx wouldn’t have thought like that when he was king, as he went straight from being a gladiator to taking over via enchanting the realm with Ruthven and Shatin, so by that time he wouldn’t have been bothered by the idea of attacking another kingdom, as he already striped away the peoples ability to come back to life in order to make himself more powerful.

probably another private server

I really like the sprites for these rings but imo, they should only offer 1 stat. That’s how tiered rings are: they focus on one stat alone so giving multiple stats makes no sense. Besides, what’s the point of having a T7 “Att” ring if it is inferior to the T6 one in terms of Attack? they should instead offer perhaps +12/13/14 of the stat while MP/HP would both offer +200/220.

I really like this idea, especially what you did to make the stat bonuses good enough for use. As the game is I would never use a T6 non HP ring outside of maybe rushing but in my opinion this very bold solution that would implement all top rings in to the game. I also think when it comes to sprites and backstories these are much more subjective so if you aren’t opposed to it I would like to try making my own post based on your idea. I would off-course credit you, is that ok?

I love this idea!

No - crown would be useless then - 14 att would be always more usable than 6 att/6 dex

No it wouldn’t, first you would have the +110 HP buff which you wouldn’t receive from the +14 ATT ring, second, these being T7 rings they would be a lot rarer and harder to get, dropping in stuff 2x or more harder than Shatters, so it would only make sense they would be more powerful. Shatters can drop T6 rings so T7 would be above their league. And you probably have seen Oryx 3, not even him is gonna drop T7 rings so I wonder how hard it would be to get your hands on one. The tiered rings are supposed to be purely focused on something meaning that even the T6 ring should be more useful than a crown since it sacrifices the HP portion for attack only, as it stands no one uses Tiered attack/dex rings because they get completely outclassed by UTs.

I would buff the non HP/MP stats to 15 and nerf their HP stat to 115-120.

First option
ex: spd crown (Royal crown of speed)
On equip: +120 HP, +15 SPD

First option
ex: wis crown (Royal crown of wisdom)
On equip: +120 HP, +15 WIS

This would help make other rings useful but not make HP terribly meta based. You could also make rings that have every stat but put a emphasis on that one stat.

Second option
ex: dex crown (Royal crown of dexterity)
On equip: +60 HP, +60MP, +3 ATK, +3 SPD, +3 WIS, +3 DEF, +3 VIT, +8 DEX
(I don’t think this option would be very popular since its too similar to the omni ring).

This is honestly pretty cool. Nice work

I love the sprites, but I dont like them all giving hp (at least right now)

The tier 7 rings should either

A: Continue how they are, continually increasing in their sole stat
or
B: Every tiered ring should gain a proportional HP boost, the the hp rings staying 50-80 ahead of the other rings, but the other rings give a little less of their one stat

Option A is more traditional route that can make them essential for certain builds but for the most part kept as swapout, while option B makes them all better main rings but, at least in my opinion, makes them all a little to powerful because if I have the option of 200hp or 120 hp +7 atk, I would go with the later in almost every situation

This topic was automatically closed 76 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.