Tiered Rings Rebalance

using ub rings as feed power (no matter the type) does not seem worth it to me. T5 rings have 25 less feed power and are much cheaper and easier to acquire.

It’s more than that.

can you go more in-depth on why you purchase fp ub rings?

Like a brief history of it?

Why not? I’m interested in your point of view.

gotta uphold his title

I’m going to prove people’s logic of “useless non-HP UB rings” is utter nonsense and they all have their actual uses more than just UBHP.

I would keep one UBHP for myself if I absolutely need it but (I bet 5 Lives that dudes are going to call me a hypocrite for that) I’d rather solo LH.

It’s 0.8 second actually, I tested the IC duration couple days ago. I found it every Vit you have, it reduces IC duration by 0.04 seconds instead of what patch note disclosed (prolly a typo that Deca made).

I think the solution to giving defense in endgame dungeons more value is actually pretty simple. Just add more shot patterns and types that give value to defense?

For example, there are loads of high damage, armour piercing shots in lh. Imagine if instead, the bossfight consisted of a very high number of medium-low damage shots. Or shots that do %remaining health damage. Or %max health damage. All of these ideas devalue hp, and give def more value.

The problem is not the system or the rings, its the sources of damage. (buff other tiered rings tho yea).

Why? Incs give 500

uhh, what?

I can’t afford UB rings, you should be talking to @PRCSakura

I’m sorry I’m confused.

he’s saying incs are more worth it for fp. and purchasing ub rings on principle is nice but would probably drain you of your assets pretty quick, you do you i guess

Somefin I hope gets utilized more in upcoming bossfights is somefin like that - taking into account how much damage puts a character In Combat at common defense values - incentivizing characters to speck a tad more into defense to prevent constantly being put IC.
A pretty good example of this is actuallly inside the Tomb, with Geb’s 30-armor-piercing damage shots being enough to put low-defense characters IC.
And if the main designers won’t do it, then gosh darnit I’ll squeeze in one myself that does it

Hmm… I heard they changed it from every 5 VIT reducing IC by 0.2 seconds to every 1 VIT reducing by 0.05 seconds.
If the latter is not the case then you’re right.

Video proof: I was expecting 3.25 second IC @ 75 Vit but nope…

I do agree with what you say. I did mention something relating to the problem with bullets in a rather “brief” manner in one of my replies:

And indeed, the sources of damage need more versatility to account for all stats. Still I don’t think leaving UBDef as it is would be a good thing. Whether those types of shots you mentioned are added or not in the future, a player needs to be hit 20+ times for it to be actually better than UBHP. That’s the same as taking a full radial burst of some bosses. Making it offer the double would only make it 10 and while that is still a bit when it comes to high damage shots, it at least already has some use in more normal scenarios.

Problem: It usually costs 1 Life per Inc. Meanwhile 300 FP cost by default 1 Def.

It did drained my assets rapidly but does not stop me from hoarding more.

I can date this back on March.

I think if the buff takes effect, then Deca ring needs a buff too. From +190 HP to +220 HP when worn.