Time Warper

Sorry about bad art quality, but trust that my idea is more unique than it looks. This will be a robe class that manages to warp time itself in a certain area, slowing down enemy fire rate and speeding up friendly fire rate (If lore is necessary to explain why opponents are not stopped, sentient objects are not affected, only their abilities)

Max stats:

HP: 650
MP: 375

ATT: 65
DEF: 25
SPD: 55
DEX: 65
VIT: 40
WIS: 75

Weapon: Staff
Ability: Time-Warper
Armor: Robe

I am not very good at designing weapon looks so I will skip it, but the time-warper should look similar to a pocket-watch.

(Sorry if tier scaling is bad, I am not 100% how balanced this is)

Tier 0
Weak Warper
MP cost: 40
Area effect: 1.5 squares
Time of effect: 3 seconds
On cast: Enemy fire rate slow down 5%. Ally fire rate speed up 5%.

Tier 1
Basic Warper
MP cost: 45
Area effect: 2 squares
Time of effect: 3.5 seconds
On cast: Enemy fire rates slow down 6%. Ally fire rates speed up 6%.

Tier 2
Vain Warper
MP cost: 50
Area effect: 2.5 squares
Time of effect: 4 seconds
On cast: Enemy fire rates slow down 7%. Ally fire rates speed up 7%.

Tier 3
Veteran’s Warper
MP cost: 60
Area effect: 3 squares
Time of effect: 5 seconds
On cast: Enemy fire rates slow down 8%. Ally fire rates speed up 8%.

Tier 4
Powerful Warper
MP cost: 70
Area effect: 4 squares
Time of effect: 6 seconds
On cast: Enemy fire rates slow down 10%. Ally fire rates speed up 10%.

Tier 5
Vortex Warper
MP cost: 80
Area effect: 5 squares
Time of effect: 6.5 seconds
On cast: Enemy fire rates slow down 12%. Ally fire rates speed up 12%.

Tier 6
Final Warper
Stat Boosts: +2 VIT, +2 WIS
MP cost: 90
Area effect: 5.5 squares
Time of effect: 7 seconds
On cast: Enemy fire rates slow down 15%. Ally fire rates speed up 14%.

UT’s
Time stopper
A powerful artifact that gives the illusion of stopping time. It holds such strength that even the holder has trouble keeping it in check.
+4 WIS
MP cost: 100
Area effect: 5 squares
Time of effect: 5 seconds
On cast: Enemy fire rates slow down 50%. Ally fire rates slow down 10%.

Ultimate Charger
+3 WIS, +3 Vit
MP cost: 20/sec
Area effect: 6 squares
During cast: Enemy fire rate slow down by 15%, ally fire rate speed up by 15%. (May need nerfing if time warpers try to stack on each other)

Grandma’s Cookies
The ancestor’s hidden power disguised as a simple snack
MP cost: 110
Area of effect: 5 suqares
Time of effect: 10 seconds
On cast: Temporarily increase ally vitality and wisdom by 40.

So, what do you guys think? Good idea? Or not? Sorry again about lack of art.

It’s different. I’m imagining that you let off an AoE explosion centered on the player and that caused the buff to allies and debuff to enemies?

I like the concept, we just need sprites. :smiley:

UT items should not be direct upgrades. (ultimate charger)
UT items should not be obscenely overpowered (time stopper)

I feel like the combination of varying the speeds of bullets and the horrible lag this game can have would be a bad combination.

Believe it or not stopping bullets can be detrimental to your group, far more than helping one. Imagine you were on a melee against O2, and some warper decided to start spamming their UT orb. You’d run out of space quite quickly, even likely dying/forced nexusing due to the cone of essential landmines your comrade has unwittingly created. In fact, this is not limited to O2 but essentially every single boss with a shotgun: some classes feel it less, but this is especially bad for the melees.

Also, does healing include pet? if it did, it’s absurdly broken; if it doesn’t and only includes vit, it’s absurdly useless (even for petless players; oh boy, an extra 0.1 mana a second)

Needs a bit of planning out (how do fields work? Are they placed?) and consideration for servers (calculating hitboxes for a field, every frame, for 6.5 seconds, for every bullet and every player may or may not cause some lag no matter whether you’re doing it client or server side) before this could possibly work.

you’re probably right about healing being unbalanced (either useless or op), though I think keeping the “speed up/slow down bullets” is probably fine. I edited so that the weapons are more balanced.

just 1 complain, i think it would be better to slow fire rate of enemies rather than just bullet speeds. do you have an idea how dense the fidget spinners in void would be if they were slower?

How’s this for a UT

Then people will be using these for chests to have better chances of soulbound

what if it only affected other people (the description does say “ally”, not “self and ally”). Or maybe sped up others more than yourself, so you risking other ppl get soulbound while you don’t

Class is 9x8 pixels
Ninononomo
It need to be 8x8

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.