Timing of public testing

I have been unable to participate in the past two public testing sessions due to them being during the weekdays and my own schedule not giving me enough free time to thoroughly test things. Furthermore, both of them also ended before Friday, the weekday that most people have time for.

I am not making this post solely because I was unable to participate. Truth be told, I might not have done so even if I did have the time because of the leveling/pet maxing difficulties I hear about. What I’m more concerned about is the number of people in the same situation as myself, the weekends are the times when most of the playerbase is available. Why have both of the previous sessions ended before Friday when that’s the time most people have enough time to actually be thorough? I get that DECA doesn’t work weekends and you want to be able deal with bugs that prevent people from getting in and such, but surely starting it on Monday would give you enough time to deal with that? I know this whole “not working on weekends” thing hasn’t ever stopped you from running chest events over the Friday-Sunday period before, so why is public testing this way?

I don’t think the testing sessions are giving enough people enough time to get proper feedback. I’m sure the current system hasn’t been a total loss, I just don’t think it’s very efficient.

Public testing is a stress test coupled with a popularity poll of sorts. Detailed feedback is always a plus but I don’t think it’s the main goal here, especially when closed testing already exists for this exact purpose.

I don’t really understand that part either. Keeping the public testing session on the weekdays so as to be able to monitor it closely the whole way through is fine, but then there’s no clear reason to not include Fridays.

By the way, didn’t you say when public testing was announced that you would only want to be a part of it if it allowed you to test your own ideas? If that’s still the case then it doesn’t matter when Deca decides to open it because the only way you’d be able to do that would be if you were part of closed testing and your project got approved.

It was the first public beta for a very long time. As such I think it was an experiment on Deca’s part, to see how it works. If they did not get enough feedback they could run it at another time, or for longer. If they launch the new content without any more tests it suggests they received enough feedback from closed and public testing.

Correct. I have no plans for public testing at this time, though that could change if I get really really bored for some reason. I’m just wondering what’s up with the weird schedule.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.