Tinkerer rework and blueprint distribution

the tinkerer has been an extremely limiting addition to the game. the devs themselves admit that the way the tinkerer works is stopping them from adding more complex and interesting quests to the game.
another complaint we’ve had many players make is how legendary blueprints are distributed, some of which being campaign exclusive, and some of which being extremely rare drops.

recently i’ve been playing a lot of warhammer vermintide 2, and in that game there’s an okri’s book of challenges, containing 3 tabs, a list of daily challenges, a list of weekly challenges, and a list of permanent but very difficult challenges players can complete for rewards. some dlc weapons are locked behind these challenges, and you can’t craft them or obtain them as a drop before completing it.

i think something similar could be a replacement for the tinkerer.
we know deca can track kills on specific enemies, so its easy to have daily quests like kill 50 humanoids, or kill 100 gods.
can also have challenges that unlock blueprints, for example: kill 50 mbcs for a mbc blueprint of choice, next one 100, then 150 and 200.

there can also be more interesting challenges, like: encounter dying thessal, bathe in lava for 30 seconds, defeat the twilight archmage after he absorbs all generators (i kno shatters is getting reworked, just an idea of how enemy behavior can be part of a challenge), and in the future maybe: complete an exaltation dungeon with 3 negative modifiers

permanent challenges can also act as a progression system. for example, challenges like: unlock all classes, obtain your first 8/8, have a legendary pet, equip a full ST set, in the future: equip fully enchanted items in every slot, etc…

Really good idea however I feel these quests will make endgame players bored unless they scale with “skill” some how

me like

there can be many ways to make more difficult challenges
for example: complete any exaltation dungeon without getting hit. reward: +1 exaltation for that dungeon on that character
it’s totally not doable for most exaltation dungeons right now, but hey you wanted difficulty.

given that at its core rotmg is supposed to be a bullet hell game, i think many dungeons should be tweaked so that hitless is at least possible, i think nest is in a good spot, for the dungeon as long as you play safe its fairly easy to avoid all bullets and not taste the spicy honey, and during the boss with good positioning and some micrododging you can make it through, and i have done it. But for dungeons like fungal/crystal, lost halls, and new shatters its not even something i’d consider attempting.

I’d think fungal/crystal cavern is possible to be done hitless honestly and apart from dance o3 could most likely be done hitless if you went absolute god mode

Hitless challenge would bring back a similar issue to people playing on mundane characters, though. It is cool to try to have a different playstyle in some way, but trying to go hitless essentially could mean “leech and stay behind everyone else,” reducing engagement and overall group effectiveness.

another reason why i enjoy nest a bit more than other dungeons. even if you leech you’re not really much safer than if you were doing damage.

similarly, compare dammah’s fight to beisa. beisa almost actively encourages leeching just because of the phase and arena designs while dammah doesn’t make it much safer whether you leech or not, so ending the fight faster is preferred.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.