Tome of Retribution

actually it’s 5.5 tiles, and the item is Recomp. that’s how much more range it has than a sword.

but if you’re additionally carrying a prot you also get +45 defense. possibly even more depending on your robe and ring. switching them is a breeze since prot lasts an entire 6 seconds of armored.

for me it’s not all of them, but definitely most of them. you just get better at aiming as you play, it’s not terribly difficult.

I do it all the time. no problems. actually your tome would be much much harder to pull that off with since it’s an area effect instead of a single projectile.

archers seem to do fine, and before you try to tell me that’s because of they’re quiver let me remind you that quivers are also just “1 shot”. you can’t paralyze anything if you can’t land that one shot.

That’s fine, I personally don’t think it would work out too well though. The Priest will usually deal past 300 damage with less than or equal to 3 projectiles if I can remember correctly. (I assume def applies to the instant damage.)
The Priest is a squishy class, his survivability comes from healing as a reaction. His low defense and low HP capacity isn’t going fair well if he has to be 1.5 tiles away from a powerful monster. His Healing abilities won’t save him from being instantly killed.
Not to mention that 300 damage within 3 tiles is pathetic at the cost of 100 MP. (I know there are other effects, but the damage is the key point to your ability and it doesn’t really shine as well as it could.) A sword class could easily surpass this without expending any MP. (With one, if not, two mouseclicks mind you.)
The item you’ve presented is underpowered. If you were to buff it by increasing the damage value then it would infringe on the Priest’s playstyle, a selfless support.

I really do suggest you consider a change.

Oh, and I didn’t say this earlier but I do like the Sprite and I believe the first description fits better.

Okay thank you for a detailed review, and not just saying random stuff :slight_smile:

Idk I personally think the item is great and you did a good job. If I had to nerf it I would go with the heal. maybe 200 or 150

Alright, thanks

Is that a purple t5

The damage thing is interesting, but this may be a tiny bit op. I think having that level of healing and damage on a priest from one item is too much. Not to mention there is not cool down.

Kinda looks like it, except the corners are padded with leather and the center is brighter

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.