Tome of the Holy Order

Tome of the Holy Order

A purified tome of a holy cult. Its divine glyphs of light within tell of time and power.

Tier: UT

MP Cost: 125

Effect: +10 DEF and Damaging to self (3 sec), +40 HP per sec to all (4 sec)

Cooldown: 6 sec (total duration + 2 sec)

Stat Bonuses: +4 SPD, +4 VIT

Drops From: Ivory Wyvern

A powerful tome that provides quick Healing, extra DEF, and a significant DPS boost for a short period of time. However, the rather high MP cost is a major setback. There is also a cooldown.

The Stat Bonuses of +4 SPD and +4 VIT find some uses.

• The healing provides a total of +160 HP

• The Tome’s healing is a more powerful version of the Healing effect

• Tome does not provide instant Heal

A simple poll to see which sprite is better.

• First Tome (Blue)
  • Second Tome (Yellow)

0 voters

I wasn’t really sure on which Dungeon Boss it should drop from, so I made this poll with a couple possibilities. Feel free to suggest more Bosses.

• Janus
  • Ivory Wyvern
  • Marble Colossus
  • Marble Defender
  • Daichi
  • Esben
  • One of the Secluded Thickets Bosses
  • MAKE MY OWN

0 voters

DPS Graph

The graph below compares a Priest equipped with Recomp (T12) with no buff and the same Priest with the Damaging buff.

Lore

Long ago, there was a holy group of priests that created a tome to bring light and divinity to the Realm. Each glyph within it was supposed to transform the user into divine state. When Oryx found out about this, he got his hands on it and trusted one of his minions to keep it locked away so the heroes of the Realm could not get it.

Thank you for reading! As always, please leave feedback so I can further balance this item!

Love the idea!

The concept behind the tome is nice. However, the tome itself is lacking. In exchange for damaging for 3 seconds, you can’t use this tome or any other tome for 12 seconds? Only people who would benefit from this is people who never needed the healing from tome in the first place in which case, why play priest?

Of course, a counter argument could be formed by pointing at Tome of Pain. However, the difference here is the 12 second cooldown. With no cooldown, if you want to switch from damaging to healing, you can simply switch the tome. This tome kind of takes out the co-op of the class and I’m not entirely sure why you would use it over simply switching your class entirely and playing sorc. Nice sprite and nice concept. Don’t like how you finished it though

What? Oh, I thought the cooldown only prevented the user from using that one specific tome.

What do you mean?

I’ll change it up a bit as best as I can, though. Thank you for the feedback!

how r u not a regular yet

Very very nice. I love both sprites, hard to choose!

I have no idea. It doesn’t have anything to do with stars and stuff, right?

Not anything in-game there are requirements.

Closed the polls and made the edits final.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.