Tome of the thriving tentacle

Tome of the thriving tentacle

tome

Tome of the thriving tentacle, a dangerous tome claimed to retain a deadly tentacle. This tome is intended to only be used by true, born to be, priests.

Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • MP Cost: 105
  • Duration: 6 seconds
  • Cooldown: 9 seconds
  • Range: 6
  • Effect: Healing
    Healing amount: 325
  • Effects on self: Berserk for 3 seconds
  • Stat Bonus: +6 DEF, +2 ATK, +4 WIS, +60 MP, + 20 HP
  • Fame Bonus: 6%
  • Feed Power: 1000

Drops From: Hermit

Any idea what it’s good for guys?

Thessal Content?

Stats are a little too overboard imo

6 seconds of berserk seems like a long time.
Also, why have defensive stats on a tome when it’s clearly offensive due to it giving Berserk?

hmm

its only 3 seconds of berserk btw

image +image+ image + image = 71*2= 142
This only applies when the priest is 8/8
(I hope my math isn’t shit)

you’re math is fine, but berserk doesn’t work that way. It won’t multiply your dex by two, but rather your shots per second by 1.5

Why is the cool down 9 seconds? Wouldn’t that impact priest in a negative way in higher level dungeons?

Wow! And here I was thinking that Berserk took half of your total Dex and temporarily added it to your total Dex.

Instead of WifeSwap, it’s TomeSwap.

ohhhhhh

priest went from good to insanely op

Don’t use this tome on a female priest

(insert random hentai joke here)

tbh tho, i like the idea, although we already have the tome of pain, which is kinda a dps tome. But this could be useful in certain situations.

The stats are broken tho… i’d say reduce the mana and def and get rid of the hp and att.

Also the sprite has potential, but definitely needs polishing

Giving huge buff but have a very long cooldown , high MP cost or de-buff to balance out the item isn’t a good way to make a balanced item.

The name is kinda weird in a weird way.
( i’m not repeating myself right? )

The stats bonus is insane
( is this tome is a child of gems and bracer? Because the stats is so OP )

how about

Tome of The Thriving Tentacle

A dangerous tome claimed by rumors, for those that dare touch this shall have a devastating effect.

Tier: UT
MP cost: 100
Cooldown: 6
Range: 5
Effect: healing
Healing Amount: 325
Effects on self: berserk for 3 seconds, slow on self for 3 seconds
sta bonus : 3 DEF , 1 ATK , 5 WIS.
fame bonus : 5%
Feed power : 1100

drops from tentacles. because it says tentacle on its name.

how that sounds?

Fixed

Although the concept of a self-buffing Tome is neat and all, there’s still a lack of any real detail.
I’ll address each part individually.

Name, description, sprite

Starting off, the name is…kind of odd. I don’t really know what I’m supposed to think when I hear ‘thriving tentacle’ - like, a tentacle that is living very well? It sounds weird, there’s no real feeling you get from the name. The best I can think of would maybe be ‘Tome of the Ocean’s Wrath’.
Moving right along there’s the description. It’s rather lengthy - not necessarily a bad thing! - and doesn’t really tell you a whole lot other than being a prophecy thingy. Rather, I’d change it to:
Ancient texts within foretell of a monster of unearthly proportions hiding in the sea, only being held asleep by the words inside this tome.
Finally, the sprite. I wouldn’t suggest using the Draw tool until Deca updates it - if they ever will - and instead using Paint dot NET, as well as downloading the script Poshun demonstrates in his skin tutorial, as it adds the outline and shadow behind an object. Keep it 40x40!

Stats

A tome that grants both Healing and Berserk, with a notably long cooldown. A decent concept, but not very well executed.
First off, you haven’t incorporated Wismod at all. It’s best to take a look at the Wismods of other Tomes and adjust yours accordingly, because as it stands, this heals slightly more than a T5 tome - only being outclassed by it past 94 wisdom!
Also, please don’t make the formula the same as the T5/6, as that’s just been done by 2 of the 3 UT Tomes. Get creative, make it heal less than them but more than a Geb/Pain, I don’t know.
Finishing up, the additional stat bonuses are - as has been mentioned numerous times before me - out of hand. Additionally, there’s no clear role it wants you to play with them. Make them more specialized.

beats meat

lol

wow ty alot

Bad Sprite

Dont have wis mod?

Wait what? So what is correct duration