Touhou Skins! (old)

- Byakuren Hijiri (Priest)

Celestial Monk Priest Skin
Description: For a world where the Realm and the Nexus can live in peace!

Sprite Sheet:
Byakuren
Dye Mask:
Dye%20Mask

- Cirno (Mystic)

Ice Fairy Mystic Skin
Description: She claims to be the strongest!. Despite the fact that the only thing she does all day long is freezing Scorpions on the beach.

Sprite Sheet:
Cirno
Dye Mask:
Dye%20Mask

- Doremy Sweet (Mystic)

Dream Eater Mystic Skin
Description: A mischievious girl from the forgotten Dreamscape Labyrinth, she’ll eat your dreams with a smug look on her face.

Sprite Sheet:
Doremy
Dye Mask:
Dye%20Mask

- Eirin Yagokoro (Huntress)

Moon Herald Huntress Skin
Description: She will shoot down the moon for her princess. Literally.

Sprite Sheet:
Eirin
Dye Mask:
Dye%20Mask

- Flandre Scarlet (Warrior)

Scarlet Unstability Warrior Skin
Description: A really dangerous, unhinged girl, she won’t hesistate to rush any dungeon at all.

Sprite Sheet:
Flandre
Dye Mask:
Dye%20Mask

- Iku Nagae (Sorcerer)

Lightning Herald Sorcerer Skin
Description: She will warn of an upcoming earthquake… after it has happened.

Sprite Sheet:
Iku
Dye Mask:
Dye%20Mask

- Hata no Kokoro (Necromancer)

Masquerade Maiden Necromancer Skin
Description: Mysterious maiden that wields the power of 66 different masks, they don’t change her appearance, through.

Sprite Sheet:
Kokoro
Dye Mask:
Dye%20Mask

- Junko (Samurai)

Enlightened Deity Samurai Skin
Description: The only thing she can’t purify is her hatred…

Sprite Sheet:
Junko
Dye Mask:
Dye%20Mask

- Kanako Yasaka (Mystic)

Mountain Goddess Mystic Skin
Description: She’s has been trying to make a shrine for herself on the Nexus.

Sprite Sheet:
Kanako
Dye Mask:
Dye%20Mask

- Kogasa Tatara (Wizard)

Cheery Umbrella Wizard Skin
Description: A joyful girl that enjoys scaring people, through nobody gets scared, she usually dresses up as a chicken to scare Oryx. And it works!

Sprite Sheet:
Kogasa
Dye Mask:
Dye%20Mask

- Koishi Komeiji (Rogue)

Unconscious Killer Rogue Skin
Description: “My hat is my friend, it helps me relax.”

Sprite Sheet:
Koishi
Dye Mask:
Dye%20Mask

- Komachi Onozuka (Knight)

Shinigami Knight Skin
Description: Despite being quite lazy, she’s efficient in leading the spirits in the Undead Lair towards the afterlife, by force.

Sprite Sheet:
Komachi
Dye Mask:
Dye%20Mask

- Fujiwara no Mokou (Necromancer)

Immortal Flame Necromancer Skin
Description: The depths of the Lair of Shaitan are nothing compared to her searing flames!

Sprite Sheet:
Mokou
Dye Mask:
Dye%20Mask

- Medicine Melancholy (Assassin)

Malicious Doll Assassin Skin
Description: Having the powers to summon any kind of toxin is outstanding, especially for doll. Be glad the Puppet Master can’t make these.

Sprite Sheet:
Medicine
Dye Mask:
Dye%20Mask

- Nue Houjuu (Warrior)

Mysterious Fear Warrior Skin
Description: It’s a cat! It’s a chicken! It’s a snake!.. Wait what?

Sprite Sheet:
Nue
Dye Mask:
Dye%20Mask

- Patchouli Knowledge (Wizard)

Silent Scholar Wizard Skin
Description: She reads 10 books daily in the Cursed Library, even the fanfiction ones…

Sprite Sheet:
Patchouli
Dye Mask:
Dye%20Mask

- Reisen Udongein Inaba (Archer)

Lunatic Rabbit Archer Skin
Description: Looking upon her eyes will turn you insane. And yes, that White Bag is an illusion.

Sprite Sheet:
Reisen
Dye Mask:
Dye%20Mask

- Remilia Scarlet (Necromancer)

Scarlet Queen Necromancer Skin
Description: Lived before Oryx took control of the Realm, drank more blood than there is water in the ocean. Even her own kind is afraid of her.

Sprite Sheet:
Remilia
Dye Mask:
Dye%20Mask

- Rin Kaenbyou (Necromancer)

Corpse Carrier Necromancer Skin
Description: Her job is to dispose of corpses across the Realm, on a fateful day she had to work an entire day in an Ice Tomb…

Sprite Sheet:
Rin
Dye Mask:
Dye%20Mask

- Sakuya Izayoi (Trickster)

Perfect Maid Trickster Skin
Description: She can clean an entire mansion in the same duration an entire army will last against her. Half a second.

Sprite Sheet:
Sakuya
Dye Mask:
Dye%20Mask

- Shikieiki Yamaxanadu (Rogue)

Ruthless Judge Rogue Skin
Description: She knows all of your sins, whenever you leeched, crashed, dragged, even that one time you made a Mundane Priest.

Sprite Sheet:
Shikieiki
Dye Mask:
Dye%20Mask

- Shinmyoumaru Sukuna (Trickster)

Kobito Trickster Skin
Description; The last one of her kind, her needle is sharper than the Queen Stinger’s Dagger!

Sprite Sheet:
Shinmyoumaru
Dye Mask:
Dye%20Mask

- Shou Toramaru (Mystic)

Disciple of the Nexus Mystic Skin
Description: The only one left of her cult, she claims to be the avatar of Nexus’ god here on the Realm… Does Nexus even have a god?

Sprite Sheet:
Shou
Dye Mask:
Dye%20Mask

- Suika Ibuki (Assassin)

Naughty Oni Assassin Skin
Description: She loves playing pranks on everyone, like that one time she covered Oryx’s Castle on toilet paper.

Sprite Sheet:
Suika
Dye Mask:
Dye%20Mask

- Suwako Moriya (Ninja)

Native Goddess Ninja Skin
Description: Oddly enough she isn’t native to the Realm nor the Nexus, through she hates it here because of the lack of frogs.

Sprite Sheet:
Suwako
Dye Mask:
Dye%20Mask

- Tenshi Hinanawi (Paladin)

Misbehaving Divinity Paladin Skin
Description: Sometimes she causes an earthquake for fun, causing confusion on the Realm.

Sprite Sheet:
Tenshi
Dye Mask:
Dye%20Mask

- Toyosatomimi no Miko (Paladin)

Shoutoku Paladin Skin
Description: She has really sensitive ears, making her very prone to faint in USWest2. Poor girl…

Sprite Sheet:
Miko
Dye Mask:
Dye%20Mask

- Utsuho Reiuji (Sorcerer)

Hell Raven Sorcerer Skin
Description: She can bring up the heat of the Realm’s core upon her cannon arm. Caution!

Sprite Sheet:
Sprite%20Sheet
Dye Mask:
Dye%20Mask

- Yuugi Hoshiguma (Knight)

Drunken Oni Knight Skin
Description: Wine? Only pansies drink wine! Like that Onyx the Mad Dog!

Sprite Sheet:
Yuugi
Dye Mask:
Dye%20Mask

- Yuyuko Saigyouji (Priest)

Phantom Princess Priest Skin
Description: She always roams places like the Haunted Cemetery or the Undead Lair, while feasting on ghosts, which is terrifying for Septavius.

Sprite Sheet:
Yuyuko
Dye Mask:
Dye%20Mask

Criticism and feedback is greatly appreciated!

Update 1:
Added Medicine Melancholy Skin for Assassin
Added Remilia Scarlet Skin for Necromancer

Update 2:
Added Junko Skin for Samurai
Added Shou Toramaru Skin for Mystic

Update 3:
Added Doremy Sweet Skin for Mystic
Added Hata no Kokoro Skin for Necromancer
Added Shinmyoumaru Sukuna Skin for Trickster

Update 4:
Added Flandre Scarlet Skin for Warrior
Added Kogasa Tatara Skin for Wizard
Added Toyosatomimi no Miko Skin for Paladin
Changed Komachi Onozuka Skin from Samurai to Knight

Update 5:
Added Iku Nagae Skin for Sorcerer
Added Koishi Komeiji Skin for Rogue
Added Patchouli Knowledge Skin for Wizard
Added Rin Kaenbyou Skin for Necromancer
Added Yuyuko Saigyouji Skin for Priest

Update 6:
Added Cirno Skin for Mystic
Added Suwako Moriya Skin for Ninja

This reminded me that my Eirin Archer skin still exists.
ayrin
eiringay
(ofc while not a carbon copy of her, still heavily inspired)

(not to steal your thread tho. nice concepts. I would have done reisin and kaguya myself if I wasn’t too lazy)

Nice skin and don’t worry! It’s nice that there are fellow Touhou players in the community.

I actually thought on making Kaguya as a Skin for Priest, but eh… Byakuren turned out better.

I love these sprites and I love you. Off the top of my head, some other stuff that could be nice are Poison Melancholy as Assassin, Flan/Remi as Necro, and Clownpiece as Trickster.

Check OP :wink:

As for Flandre, i tried making her as the skin for Archer originally, but apart from the goddamn wings, her palette sucks, and about Remilia… maybe.

Clownpiece, discarded her because of the USA Flag clothing she has (would be extremely confusing) and there’s already a Jester Skin for Trickster, through she wields some kind of Wand, the problem is that while she fits for Sorcerer too, there’s the Mardi Gras skin, so, yeah.

It’s beautiful. not the first time I’ve messed up her name

Perfectly understandable now that I think about it. Looks like there’s hope yet for one of the Scarlets.

Also must say that these descriptions are pretty damn creative.

pretty danke

Weebs.

Honestly, same goes for every other skin.

The main thing you should do is get rid of the banding if possible, also, get less dull colors (Something more vibrant would help, also, don’t oversaturate them). Remember to try to not make their skin blend with their hair/clothes. Also, work around with references a little bit. use Pfiffel and use the skins in there as reference for animations and how to make them.. Also, if you need help, try using this thread.

Huh, through 3 shades was enough to fit RotMG. Basically kept it as a rule for all of my skins. On my first tries i used 2 shades, it looked awfully dull. I mean, most of the newest Skins has up to 3 shades.

Komachi’s eye doesn’t appear because her hand is covering it since she’s holding the scythe upwards, the same thing can be noticed on the Front attack animation. As for the scythe’s shape, it’s perspective. If she was holding the scythe perfectly straight, the blade would be longer, but it tilts a bit, so the blade logically changes the shape.

I admit Mokou’s back animation is quite weird, but that’s because how long her hair is, so, on her back sprite her hair moves a bit (noticeable on the front sprites), and for her attack, i gave it a surrounding glow coming from her fire blast. I did the same for every Skin that had a “light source” for their back sprites so they don’t look dull.

Through, i don’t see the problem with the shades, i put the Character’s Artwork on the gifs so you could see the comparisons, mostly on the colors. I was trying to keep up to the original character. i can see that some skins (Yuugi, Eirin and Mokou) have some blending problems, i’ll most likely fix them.

Huh, through 3 shades was enough to fit RotMG

3 shades of the same color consecutively creates gradients, if they’re apart from each other, then it wont create it.

Komachi’s eye doesn’t appear because her hand is covering it

Thing is, if it blends, it’s not readable. You had to explain it to me just so I could know what was going on in the animations. Thing is, if someone can’t catch it at first, then it’s not very readable.

Through, i don’t see the problem with the shades

The thing with banding and what “banding” means is that you can see pixels pretty obviously, despite you would have other decisions to prevent this and you can better hide the pixel grid. It is bad, because it makes the pixelart noisy, hard to look at and tells right away that you are looking at pixelart.

Ah, so it’s an Assassin skin!

I take it you partially came up with this idea because Poshun also put Touhou-inspired skin in the game -w-

Oh shoot. Fixed.

Yeah, the initial inspiration was because there was already two Touhou Skins in the game (Marisa and Youmu), i’m not sure to take the Shrine Maiden Skin for Priest as a actual Touhou Skin since only the description references Reimu, while the Skin doesn’t look like her.

Hmm, i see.

I thought the animation was pretty straight-forward, i didn’t put the hand lower because it wouldn’t fit with the distance she holds the scythe in the Walking animations, through making her hands darker would be more simple, i’m not sure how well it’ll look.

Honestly, i don’t see what you mean with this considering these are 8x8 sprites, looking at them as pixelart is common sense, regardlessly on how good or bad a sprite can be. It’s obvious.

Honestly, i don’t see what you mean with this considering these are 8x8 sprites, looking at them as pixelart is common sense, regardlessly on how good or bad a sprite can be. It’s obvious.

Well, I totally see your point, but 3 shades overlaying each other usually looks terrible. Just keep in mind that if you wanna make a smooth realm sprite, use 2 shades for each color max. You can use more than 3, as long as they’re far apart.

Colab, when?!

The two newest skins i added have at most 2 shades now, atleast most of colors, as a test. I still applied the light sources.

Looks decent, but not too much of a fan through, i won’t be applying that too much on my skins.

Bump!

I’m going to work on more skins!

Right now i’m planning on doing Doremy Sweet, Shinmyoumaru Sukuna and Hata no Kokoro skins.

The attack animation for the back view (bottom right) looks backward, her arm is swinging the wrong way.

What do you mean? It’s an exact mirror of the Front sprite.

Look at the (dagger?) it looks like it’s swinging toward the screen, when it should be swinging away from the screen.