Tower Shield

Tower Shield

A relic from the Dark Ages used by knights of old, this shield provides an unparalleled defense.

Tower Shield

25 mp/second

Effect on self: slowed/stunned/armored. Armored persists three seconds after release.
Release: 150 MP, 5 second cooldown.
Shots: 3 (pierce enemies and obstacles)
Range: 3.2
Berserk on self for 4 seconds
Damage: 350-450
Effect on enemy: stunned for 4 seconds, slowed for 3 seconds
+15 def
-4 spd
-4 dex

Cooldown is to discourage tapping shield simply to block an attack. The idea of this shield is to become tanky enough to wade through a horde of monsters and get close enough to stun the boss and wail on it with your berserk buff.

Let me know your thoughts!

Bow of the Mountain Core

First things first, I like how you didn’t delete the sample text at the top.

Pretty cool idea, but I don’t think it should give any VIT, because the knight already has enough as is. And the buffs at the beginning are a little too overpowered, people could just use this as a somewhat makeshift Oreo when about to get shotgunned or something. I think you could just get rid of all the effects on self (except for the berserk) and you’d still have a decent shield to use.

Wooooops thanks

What would you think about removing the immunity to status effects? I would like there to be some drawback to using the shield, so being slowed and stunned but armored might do the trick?

Yeah. Also I just now realized another flaw.

Since you are stunned for one second, the berserk only lasts for one second pretty much. And, since you just used the shield to get to the boss, you wouldn’t even be able to use it again for a few seconds to be able to hit the actual boss to stun him, so it kind of contradicts itself.

Only the buff stats persist after release, not the stun or slow.

The stat decreases and the high MP cost is already enough of a drawback.

Sure, it gives beserk, but only for a few seconds, and at all other times, you have to deal with having less dex (and speed).

And sure, it stuns as well as slows the enemy (and with a longer effect time!), but it costs a lot of mana as well as having less shots.

Keep in mind that I typed this just before the edits you made.

Yeah, I was kind of going for a shield that was used more for the utility and not spamming for damage and stun. I’ll give it quiet after and buff it elsewhere. I don’t think the stat decreases are too impactful, however.

How exactly does this work? How would it drain your MP per second if you are quieted? I liked the original shield concept for the most part, but now you are just adding unnecessary complications to it.

In my opinion, the stats should be:

MP Cost: 150
Shots: 2
Range: 3
Damage: 300-400, ignores 30 Defense
Effect on self: Beserk for 2.5 seconds
Effect on enemy: Stunned for 3 seconds, Slowed for 3.5 seconds
Cooldown: 4 seconds
+15 Def
-5 Spd
-5 Dex

I feel like this would be a better, more solid item with a good balance of pros and flaws.

So it quiets you on release. The mechanic is similar to ninja stars, but instead of an MP cost, it quiets you. This is to prevent spamming as pets can become so powerful. I was going for a knight that uses primary fire rather than shield to get damage in. Thanks for the suggestion though! I think I’ll replace quiet with a cooldown, that does seem like a better idea.

Then how about instead of quiet, it just inflicts you with Pet Stasis for as long as the Cooldown is.

Stunning the player is not the right way to go for this, the higher MP cost, a cooldown that lasts a full second longer than the stun lasts, and the shorter range suits it better.

Remember, you want it to be worth using, but not better/worse than most of the shields.

I’m happy to help.

The sprite is cool.
Maybe shrink the top a bit but it’s vry nice.
Kinda looks like a lighter oryx shield tho.

Idk stats I’ll just leave that to the others

Yeah, I felt the berserk at the end kind of balanced the stun beforehand. Maybe daze instead of stun?

The slowed and armored sort of counteracts with eachother. Yes, you can tank more damage, but you would take more damage anyway for as long as you are slowed. Plus, if you are slowed, it would be harder to dodge enemies that armorbreak, making the armored effect useless. Also, you did not say how long the slowed/stunned lasts as well. And what’s the point of slowing the enemy (making it easier to get away from it) if you will just get slowed as well (making it harder to get away from it)? The slowed/armored on the caster doesn’t serve a very good purpose, and I honestly think that they should just be taken out entirely.

As for the stun, think of it this way. Let’s say that the stun on yourself lasts for 1 second (because I don’t know how long it actually does last). For a full second, neither you nor the enemy can attack, but other people can attack it as well. So, it’s just going to cause you to not be able to deal as much damage. Instead of a 1 second stun on yourself and a 4 second stun on the target, just make it a 3 second stun on the target, and none for yourself.

Sorry for the harsh criticism, but that’s what the forums are for, aren’t they? It’s helpful to hear thoughts from other people as well.

But then the beserk is pointless.

It’s a toggle effect. Stun and slow persist until you release the key, and then the stun goes off. Armored persists after. I see what you’re saying with the slow, though. There aren’t a crazy amount of things in the game that armor break, however. I could replace the immune to armor break effect, but I don’t want to have an OP shield. I think it’s pretty good as is so far as being situational.

Let me reiterate: Toggle daze/slow/armor on self, release still stuns.

huh with a acrop this sheild and the pyra you would have almost 166 def XD

You mean cc and ubdef :wink:

(tho t14 armor/t13 armor and pyra are better when togther than cc and ubdef)

I feel like all the def in the world would be useless with armor breaking in the game.