Toxics: The Urgle Challenge

Hello I am Zen, founder of the in-game guild Toxics.

I have created a challenge for people who are looking to get better at the game. Be warned though, this is very difficult.

However, if you are able to do this challenge, then you will be a master of PPE and NPE experiences.

THE CHALLENGE: You have to solo kill an urgle from 100% health. No pets. No pots. Level 1, and only t0 gear.

The reasoning behind the challenge: Urgles are actually a very interesting enemy if you spend more than 4 seconds killing them. Their attack patterns are entirely dodgeable, and this challenge is completely possible for a user who has the skill to tackle it. Though, all of this is irrelevant for a character that has high tier equipment. Everybody hates urgles, its a fact. They suck to fight, and they don’t drop any gear thats useful.

But if your first kill on a PPE was an urgle, then you would most likely acquire a t6 weapon with your first kills. If you would like to post a video, please do!

Hm. That would be easy if tedious on level 1 with starting gear. Just pick a spot between the walls it throws out, close enough to do damage and fire away. Your biggest problem would be other highland enemies; with only t0 gear and no pet it would not take much to do damage and wear you down, and you hardly have the DPS to take care of them first – especially as half of them spawn minions faster than you can clear them at level 1.

I like where this is going, though. It’s why I find going petless to be much more fun when I do my NPEs! The game forces you to dodge more, and with that, you might notice enemy patterns that could help you to easily survive when you’re back on your pet lifeline. Stheno is an example of something that is surprising deadly to try to tank, but you don’t have to tank her. The Nest was the same way (though on melee would be awful when soloing…)

Well if you like the idea, or you think it is so easy that you could do it with no issue, then please post a video. It is the challenge I am currently working on, I feel that being able to complete such a challenge will make me a better realm player.

Also skandling, don’t forget that the urgle shoots orbs at you while you are inside of its walls, only giving you so much room to dodge them. It is actually very good practice, if you accept the real challenge of it.

I would think my description of it as tedious tells you how much I like it. Not just the actual killing but safely getting to highlands with your lvl 1 char, without gear and with no pet. In that state most enemies in midlands could kill you, and you can’t fight back as you don’t want to gain a level. Then once you cross midlands you need not just any Urgle but one with no enemies nearby. I.e. it might take a very long time just to get started.

I don’t know if I can get around to recording it, but I’m going to do it. I’ll post it here if I get it done!

Another supposed expert at realm is unable to rise to the challenge. This just shows you how much of a challenge it really is!!

ez

Hardest part was killing everything I dragged from midlands that was body blocking the urgle and getting tpd to and having other players kill it for me when it’s half dead. Didn’t fire a shot while urgle wasn’t present and didn’t drink any consumables.

You mentioned that you not only had help killing the Urgle, but also only took down half of its health and let other players take down the other half. I’d consider that an invalid entry for this challenge.

Sorry to disappoint you. Next time I’ll join an abandoned realm in an abandoned server so nobody steals my urgle kill.

I will be honest guys, I still haven’t been able to do this. I tried to do this on warrior but holy fuck it is so hard.

You basically have to join an abandoned realm and run straight to an urgle without killing anything else.

If you are playing a ranged class and sit outside the urgle lasers, thats fair. Keep in mind it sorta defeats the purpose of the challenge, which is actually having to dodge the urgle’s shots while inside the arena of lasers. Think of it as a training montage: if you can do this then you can do anything

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.