Tp invincibility POLL

when you quote yourself

Whats so wrong about that

No, it’s not. Half a second is a long time compared to an instant death, which is how most tp deaths happen. It’s also not long enough to really be exploitable.

If you have a half second to move on any class you will have moved enough to not be sitting on that ent/avatar/djinn and its long end ugh to reconvenes wether you have to nexus or not.

Yes 0.5 sec is a long time but tp delay can last as long as that when the server lags or is crowded. But I guess its still better than nothing

In order for the devs to make awesome difficult events in the realm TP invincibility is a must so for that reason I vote yes.

I think just being invincible when you teleportation is bad and i see it being exploited in far to many ways but maybe if they also stopped you from shooting or using your ability for the same time you are invincible. But even then I’m scared of the possible factor that someone could use this to find a unlimited invincibility hack where it tricks the game that you are always teleporting. I think there are other ways to make teleporting safer. Such as a indicator by someone’s name showing what possibly dangerous enemies they are near .

Easy yes from me. Tping is a very dangerous but required function in a game like realm where you have to be able to build a character up fast. I never understood why tp invuln wasn’t a thing from the beginning anyways. >1 second of invuln gives you more than enough time to decide if you want to stay or leave but not enough time to exploit it by blocking shots for someone. Even if you could block a half second of shots that could possibly kill someone, that’s better than tping to someone in a bad situation and both players dying.

Come to think of it, teleporting itself seems like a pretty powerful ability that all characters have regardless of class or equips. Thats pretty uncommon to have an unlimited use teleporting ability with only a 10 second cooldown in an MMO. I think it should have the downside of being potentially deadly.

My best rogue died by TP death, but I kinda blame myself for going pure glass cannon damage equipment (crown, spectral armor).

Someone had just pulled all the flame shots from the skull shrine onto him and as I tp’d I was dead before I even saw myself appear there, it was so instantaneous I had absolutely no hope to change the outcome. And the person I tp’d to wasn’t the only one at the event but I was just unlucky that he had drawn all the damage.

I’m voting yes, but perhaps if it is a .5s shield it won’t be exploitable but may save some people who don’t even get to see why they died.

Tell me another MMO with perma-death. A safe infinite tp is required in a game like this where you’re meant to lose it all and build back up in a reasonable time. The only way to completely avoid tp deaths is to simply not tp, and I don’t think anybody wants to do that, even for a 50% fame bonus.

:thinking:
I feel like you’re just jealous cause you’ve got to keep Boots on the Ground :stuck_out_tongue:

maybe just 1 second(±)

As long as the TP invincibility last with these conditions;

• Does not last longer than 3 seconds
  • Ends the moment the character moves, shoots, or uses abilities
  • Pauses the character, rendering the character unhealable by pet or by other players, as well as negating any hp / Mana recovery, like vitality.
    I think this would be fine

Edit; imagine people teleporting around when fighting the gem statues. Invincibility spam!

you got me :sob:

how about just tp with your finger over nexus its not hard

Why tf did people say no?

Just lost my knight to this with Pixie, Fairy, Decades
 ugh

But why did you allow people to vote both options?

Well, according to some of the posters here, they died the moment they clicked teleport. I think this is what the poll is about.

To clarify, I never saw my death I was dead instantly on teleporting. Only after checking how I died could I work out what killed me and the only rational explanation for how that happened.

There was no noticeable lag, I just happened to tp ontop of the bullets in the exact moment they were where I was teleporting. Very unlucky but clearly not so uncommon.

This has happened to me too. It wasn’t an event boss like the Avatar, I didn’t tp to any of the traditionally dangerous classes like knights, I just got unlucky and presumably arrived just in time to get a face-full of Medusa shotgun. I never even saw the Godlands

However, I’m still not in favour of tp invincibility. Yes, it would be handy, but remember this is a game where everything is trying to kill you. Every action has risks and rewards, you just have to accept that and deal with the consequences as you enjoy the rewards