Transfer your fame to gold (suggestion)

I have an idea where you could transfer your fame to gold, currently there isn’t much use for fame in RotMG, of course you could upgrade/feed your pet(yard) or battle in the arena, or even make a guild, but how often do you really do these things? Fame currently just seems to be something that you gather without really any point rather than just having a higher number. This new addition proposes that for every 5-10 fame you could transfer it in for 1 gold and there is a limit to 1,000 gold you can transfer a month, to prevent people never actually spending money. This is obviously just a suggestion but I feel this would make the game more enjoyable for everyone in the realm community, especially that free-to-play demographic.

True, but DECA won’t be very happy with losing money.

DECA has done things similar like this before, I’m sure DECA wouldn’t be the most excited about it but i can imagine it bringing a lot of new players/old players back to this game, who weren’t willing to spend their money on a video game.

It encourages fame training, which is a really boring aspect of the game and something that deca has tried to reduce as much as possible (Removing pause in realms etc)

I suppose, however if DECA made the fame:gold ratio only 5:1 then most decent players could most likely gather enough fame without a fame train, this is another reason I suggested the 1,000 gold limit, if it was higher players would probably just fame train all of the time. But I do see your argument.

I think deca would lose a lot of profits overall. Also, I already thought of a loophole. People would decide to faim train like 5 mules every month, and use those mules to buy keys and such, which they can pop for their main account.

Tbh, if people could spend fame instead of gold, nobody would pay. This is a free to play game. No sub fee, no upfront cost. I would never spend any money on the game, but Japan is carrying the majority of Deca’s profits if we’re being honest.

Suspicious white space @akldragon

So stop being a salty 12 year old Chinese kid who couldn’t manage to steal his mom’s credit card in order to buy a divine pet. “Divine pets are OP” yeah they also cost 2000 big ones. Akl, I think you can find my message.

nope I can’t find it

imagethat white dot seems sus

Still can’t find it. where is it?
/s

fame trainers would be proud even with the 1k gold limit

lelxd

No mules could not do that, in order to buy a key you need to be 10 stars, so they would still need to fame train their account to 10 stars, similar to how some people fame train accounts to 10 stars for the login calendar awards.

Deca could always choose to make it lower, 1,000 gold would be wishful thinking if they ever actually brought this out, if they didn’t want to ruin the sort of pay-to-win feature of this game they could lower it.

DOES THIS MEAN I CAN FINALLY GET A THIRD VAULT CHEST
OR A THIRD CHARACTER SLOT
(one does get tired of not being able to store items)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.