Trivial Issues Thread

Look up “an hero” and you might realize why telling people they’re about to open “an heroic dungeon” is hilarious.

I guess it could be seen as a bit of an unfortunate choice by the Deca Dungeon Naming Standards Committee, though I’m purely representing the Grammar Consistency Brigade when I suggest it should match what the H-Udl has.

Am well aware of that meme-usage, tut tut on assuming otherwise, though it is going back some years now and haven’t actually seen any of our little horrors using it amongst their arsenal of abusive chat. Maybe it’s too much of a(n) historical thing to worry about.

A little whoops on the Motmg calendar:

Invasion + Infestation = Invastion

I see no probssue here

All the new alien Tinkerer quests have this typo:

(Edit: this has now been fixed)

5 posts were split to a new topic: Disconnection at Katalund
(moved out of here as disconnection ≠ trivial)

Event’s on, and they put an extra space between “The” and “Crawling”, gahhh.

You feel bad grammar crawling on your back

All the realms are full

Wasn’t there a bug a while back where some long chat lines would get an extra space automatically added to them near the end? Could be related, if this one isn’t a direct typo of an extra space.

May or may not be a trivial issue, but I’m half certain the “LOD” at the front wasn’t intended to be displayed

There are likely more, but two big ones that I noticed in more recent updates:

1. Chat Console: “You are typing to fast, please slow down.” <-- this doesn’t counteract spam botters as much as it does make fast typists suffer and entice spambotters to put more bots in nexus to buffer chat entries… sorry tangent
  2. Pyrr the Crimson Dragon - “You will soon join the ash among this chamber.” Although I don’t know if ash can be used in the plural form. Perhaps this isn’t an error but it seems likely.
    Feel free to dispute these or continue to compile errors, I just wanted to remember to note these right now in case Deca wants to run a mini-patch and fix the grammar errors.

isn’t ashes that kind of plural that you use when there’s less like hairs

Ash throughout this chamber perhaps?

I would say that’s correct…Or I suck at English…both are a very likely possibility.

As Orsome pointed out, “among” doesn’t really seem correct; “ash” however I think could be used in this manner, it’s just not very usual.

“Soon you’ll be nothing but ash and cinder!” for example, is probably grammatically correct.

Yours sounds a lot better.

A post was split to a new topic: Graphical problem with reward screen
(game screens not displaying properly is beyond trivial)

Mildly infuriating.

I don’t see anything off about that