Trivial Issues Thread

“Gooder boy” can be perfectly acceptable if supposed to be jokey and deliberately wrong English on purpose, as a play on the phrase “good boy” for meme reasons or just for language humour.

While the grammatically correct words are ofc “better boy” it wouldn’t make sense to have that in the description if the point of it is to be a riff on the pet theme because people would say that the dog is a “good boy” but you wouldn’t say of a dog “he is the best boy” or “I never saw a better boy” that’s just not the way people talk at least not that I ever heard.

Probably because people often use a kiddie tone when talking to a dog.

When have you heard anyone say “my boy is gooder than yours” or “I’ve never seen a gooder boy than mine.”

Only when being deliberately childish:

or being purposefully ironically or playfully non-grammatically correct.

What I’m trying to say, if it’s chosen to be a deliberately nonsense phrase normal grammar rules are thrown away, so highlighting its non-grammaticalness is making an argument on unsound footing.

Alright, I’ll concede this point, but I still don’t like it.

Oh yes I’m only being grammar pedant. Not liking it for that reason is a completely valid and separate thing!

I thought everyone was joking, i did not know it’s real. Dishonor on their family dishonor on their cow and dishonor on them

That’s a thing? the heck is a Ugandan Knuckles and what does the skin look like?

Just checked https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/pet-skins and its not there

Look at the Guiding Spirit pet skin.

I see what you did there…

Taken from reddit:

Trying to access testing servers at the moment forces you to sell your soul to the devil

Been seeing this more often recently, but people are unable to set their name from the statue in the nexus the first time they enter the game, and often don’t know what to do. I’m proposing putting a name selection statue in the tutorial. The statue can only be used by players once (Maybe they get a special key which allows them to use the special statue upon first starting the game).

Another way to fix this is the addition of a name room. It could be a purple floating island and maybe would have an NPC like the Name Rater in Pokemon Soulsilver. Players could access it through a key they get when they finish the nexus tutorial, as a introduction to the key system and also so they can change their name.

Or a much easier fix is to just put in a text bubble in the tutorial which points out that they can go to the character select screen to change their name, and that it is more-or-less permanent.

But yeah, not a major issue but it could definitely be an annoying one for newer players.

This one is more than trivial, it’s okay tho because it already has its own bug topic(s):

Yeah, I have no idea why the statue in the nexus doesn’t work like it should, but hopefully a message of some sort might help to fix what we see in the 2nd topic you linked.

9 posts were split to a new topic: Why do dye removers cost gold?
-a separate discussion to be had. Moved to own topic.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Help [I cannot log in]
-login issues are Tech Support or Q+A, moved into own topic

A post was merged into an existing topic: Help [I cannot log in]

A post was merged into an existing topic: Best glitch c: [Level -1]

New level of grammatical pedantry here but:

Ring of Unbound Love (did I mention how vomit inducing this sprite is?) description: My heart couldn’t be anymore full!

Should read: My heart couldn’t be any more full!

Further reading: https://writingexplained.org/anymore-vs-any-more-difference