Trivial Issues Thread

The black circles of terrain that spawn around the towers of the Pentaract have hard edges when they spawn on the terrain surrounding the Rock Dragon

Bottom left is the normal Pentaract terrain, top right is Rock Dragon style

In the Nexus Tutorial, there is the fame symbol and the cloth symbol at where they used to be sold before the bazaar was introduced

Same is true for where the dyes were sold

Edited for better grammar and clarification

This happens with most event setpieces when they intersect with each other. RotMG has a very picky system with blending values and priorities, so it can’t naturally adapt to every situation. It would need to be manually set through a finicky process to get those tiles blending smoothly, which would probably be more trouble than it’s worth and might just mess something else up in the process.

not sure if this is a glitch, but there is no hp bar when you are cloaked.

Looks too deliberate to be a glitch. Besides I think it actually looks rather interesting.

Somebody made a thread about this recently:

Don’t know if we can call it a glitch, but it’s probably not intentional.

Wasn’t able to recreate it, but I cursed a ghost god and despite having the curse icon. It was tinted grey as though stasised.

related oryx says a blank message when bum is killed

i saw that after i posted it

Well…
Skuld doesnt have one

Hey, that’s a good point.

Your lock list sometimes displays the wrong skins.

Kinda a bad picture, but Jonas has a different skin than the default skin, which is what my lock list is telling me.

A small glitch from Patch Notes 27.7.X.14 (2017/05/18)

Mysterious Crystals, Dragon Eggs and Sumo Masters will now spawn with their own tile to remove obstacles

You’ve probably noticed that (for Dragon Eggs at least) these tiles are uniformly sandy-coloured wherever the surrounding terrain. I have no objection to this. However what is odd is that my mini-map picks up the sandy terrain tile sooner than it picks up the egg

Now in this example it is clearly just because it is terrain I have already seen and I’m out of enemy detection range - but it also works when I’m walking towards the tile. All other red dots appear right at the edge of my vision, except Dragon eggs (I haven’t tried it with Sumos or Crystals) which show as sandy then red after I have walked a few tiles nearer.

This is probably the most trivial issue posted here so far.

Wait, is it even an issue?

Well, the red dot should appear first :slight_smile:

I know what you’re saying - because players have a larger field of vision for terrain than for enemy detection, the 1x1 tile is visible on the map before you have ever seen a red dot.

I don’t know that there is any way to address this so long as the game has different sight ranges for terrain and enemy detection.

So the 1x1 tile is effectively a spoiler because there is only one thing that can be upon it.

Same would be true of crystal, if its grey 1x1 is distinguishable from the surroundings (eg. on snow) and sumos if its green 1x1 is different from the nearby.

I was ambivalent about the 1x1 tiles solution anyway, this is another negative against it, albeit minor.

if you say ‘jump’ to guill while cloaked or paused, he will disappear

I don’t know if this is intended but I imagine not:

If you are moving in the direction up then you press right, the character will face right, but if you are moving in the direction up and press left, the character does not change to face left.

The same with this one, I just got a Trickster skin but if you teleport, the decoy still has the original sprite: DECA pls fix this for the guys with OCD :older_man:

Why can’t I use abilities that require no aim to use when my mouse is out of bounds?! Does my Seal need targeting to work?