True Raikiri (katana)

True Raikiri
Swander

Known as the Raikiri ,or lightning cutter, it strikes its foes with the force of lightning itself. Only a true swordsmen who knows the way of the blade may draw out its power. Many blades only hope to reach the power of this weapon and in fact some may have tried to recreate it. But alas, there is only one true Raikiri!

Lightning Raikiri Bolt

Damage: 100 - 125 (112.5)
Range: 4.5
Effect: Weapon does additional damage on top of regular that ignores armor
Damage 2: 30 - 55 (42.5)
Maximum potential Damage: 130 - 180 (160)
Effect 2: Shots hit multiple targets
Effect 3: There is a combo system that the player can utilize

Attack, Attack then Attack. (timing on the each attack must be initiated at the very end of the previous projectile’s lifetime. Third attack becomes Raikiri Thunder.)

• lightning%20blast Raikiri Thunder

• Damage: 300-500 (400) Ignores armor, hits multiple targets and scales with attack
    Range: 6.75

Attack, Attack, Attack then hold Attack for 1 second (Continuously attack for the first 3 then attack and hold at the end of the third projectile’s life time to unleash Raikiri Blast)

• Raikiri Blast
    Damage: 250-350 (300) Ignores armor and does not scale with attack
    Radius: 4 squares

Attack, Attack then Attack-Attack (Attack the first two shots while timing the second shot at the end of the first shot’s lifetime then rapidly attack twice at the end of the second shots lifetime to unleash a chain lighting.)

• Raikiri Storm
    Damage: 300 Ignores armor and does not scale with attack
    Chain onto 3 enemies
    Range is similar to scepter’s

Drops from: Xolotl the Lightning God (yeah he already drops another lightning based katana)

Overview:
DPS: Dps wise, this weapons damage overall is comparable to the T12 katana. However due to the mixture of 2/3 regular damage and 1/3 piercing, the T12 katana actually has slightly higher dps.

Usage: Due to this weapons slight decrease in range, it will be more dangerous for the character to use this weapon than conventional ones, however where this weapon shines is it combo system. Where it lacks in damage and range, it makes up for in versatility in specific situations.

• Raikiri Thunder: Deals heavy damage that ignores defense with an added 50% range especially because it scales with the character’s attack. However, dps-wise will be much less because of the inputs needed to initiate the attack takes specific timing that could be otherwise used to attack continuously. Essentially Sacrifices dps for a safer alternative attack that the ninja or samurai may be lacking. The katana’s already less base range will make this attack useful and in situations where melee is too dangerous in general.
  • Raikiri Blast Deals moderate damage as an AoE that ignores armor. Doesn’t scale with attack to limit its power. Again, sacrifice dps for specific timed inputs to unleash an AoE for crowd control and primarily used for mobs and minions.
  • Rakiri Storm Acts as a mini scepter that chains onto 3 enemies, dealing moderate damage that ignores armor. Does not scale. Like the last two, sacrifices a lot of dps for inputs in order to home onto 3 enemies that are perhaps out of reach or to unpredictable to hit.

Closing thoughts: Just an idea of a combo system integrated in RotMG. However its arguable that just shooting rapidly is more effective than any charge attack input, but this emphasizes versatility over damage. And yeah, the inputs might get annoying to time but that’s what special moves are, they’re not suppose to be spammed.

No… just… no. I haven’t even read the full fucking thing, just… the TL;DR is a combo system in RotMG? even if unity allowed DECA to implement such a system, this is way more effort than it could ever be worth. Also, where would you put this wall of text to let them know how the fuck this thing is supposed to work? Let alone figuring out whether this bullshit is useless, balanced or broken, and another item that rewards hackers? Try again next time.

Maybe if you could seriously simplify it (cannot auto-fire ; does more damage if you time your shots; etc., SOMETHING), it could be a thing, but just not as it currently stands.

Edit: by “time shots” I meant something like “if you try to fire but the cooldown hasn’t worn off the next shot will be weak” (atk stat = 0) or something, but… ye

You seem very worked up over an idea lol. Although i agree implementing a combo system in RotMG would be too over the top and pretty much counter-intuitive for a game like RotMG, the reason for this idea is that i feel RotMG has come to a point where adding stats on a weapon just isn’t enough anymore. There needs to be more variation than just adding armor pierce or hitting multiple enemies. Perhaps a new effect? who knows. Just spilling ideas i have in my head, bad ones and good ones alike, but i’m glad this sparked conversation.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.