Turning off ST/Event Set skins

I dont know about everyone, but I dont wanna look at the Oryxmas skin anymore if I want to play my paladin.

I like playing with these full ST sets, but I do not always want to be playing with the ST Skin on my character. Therefore, I would really appreciate an option to turn off the 16x16 skins you get when having a full ST set equiped.

Oh one hand, yes. On the other hand, I feel like there are so many other things I would prefer they worked on instead. I love QoL changes too but I feel the fact that it feels like they’re mostly only doing QoL changes is already pissing off a lot of long time players.

And here I was hoping they would do more QoL changes rather than just making more new content like

Spoilers

shatts hardmode

It does make sense tho that some people master new content faster than others.

I think they should be seasonal, so over the same period that reindeer provide their boosts. They are much more common then as people use up the items, in particular the ring which once you die with it can’t be replaced. They are much rarer the rest of the year so won’t be missed. And anyway it’s pretty obvious when someone is using the set as trees appear every few seconds.

They could add a switch, but if they did it would make sense for it to work for other sets, such as ST tier item sets, the Valentine archer, etc. . And i don’t think that fits into the design of the game – the whole point of their 16 × 16 skins is a reward/recognition that you’ve completed and are using the full set.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.