Tutorial Revamp

Funny that most of these have been implemented

Good job @UnicornSla!!

I have a complaint. Maybe having camera rotation turned on from the beginning is a bad idea. A new player already has a lot of things to worry about when learning the game, throwing in another one could be detrimental. I remember testing camera rotation when I started playing, but I was quickly overwhelmed by it.

i dont even use it since my very beginning lol. been playing for almost 4 years

Perhaps the option to choose either Simple Tutorial or Advanced Tutorial, or after you’ve completed the current tutorial have a portal (as you say) in the nexus for the “academy” or something of the sort.
So that people can get advanced knowledge of the game if they choose.

There’s certainly a steep learning curve in this game especially as the most common range of players are in High school, while the nuances appeal more to nostalgic old-school gamers.

A tutorial portal in the nexus is a great idea for “returning newbs” who could use a refresher and would choose to go into the portal if they saw it sitting there. Players I imagine don’t learn about /tutorial or /nexustutorial commands until weeks/months after the point where it would be of actual tutorial use, when someone happens to randomly talk about it in chat.

I agree with the two Nexus syncs but that would be extremely difficult and confusing as new players would get jacked off to death by the spring theme, the hidden tiles, and the invisible paths, not to mention the gigantic layout is easy to get lost in.

Great argument and I give everything else a 9.5-10/10!

Also, I think they should have an “Update Board” in the Nexus that informs players of any significant changes to the game. This, along with the tutorial portal, vault portal, guild hall portal, and pet yard would make 6 portals, and this could allow for a hexagonal Nexus plate (where you spawn in ) layout and expand the nexus radially, a) making the Nexus more warm and nice-feely as opposed to the up-and-around layout as it is, b) allowing for more space for DECA to put shop items/Mystery boxes in, and c) making the Nexus more welcoming all-around.

It seems okay for the tutorial nexus to only be an absolute basics barebones layout. It’s consistent for the Tutorial to be made up of:

• tutorial dungeon(s) easier than any dungeon found in the rest of the game
  • alongside a tutorial nexus simpler than the real nexus in the game

The whole Tutorial is really just a dumbed-down version of the game (writing telling you what to do on the floor), so a dumbed down nexus kinda fits with that, no?

The T0 armor doesn’t make sense. There is a T13 armor, but only a T12 weapon. The range of Tiers are the same.