Twilight Shinobi [UT Ninja Set]

Ascended Katana of Thunder

image image
It crackles with unimaginable power. Thunder resonates within the very blade upon every swipe.

Tier: UT
Shots: 1
Damage: 277-304
Projectile Speed: 10 tile(s)/second
Lifetime: 320 milliseconds
Range: 3.2 Tile(s)
Rate of Fire: 74%
Stat Bonuses: +2 Speed, -2 Defense
Feed Power: 1,500
Fame Bonus: 7%

Kunai Yondaime

image image

An ancient weapon used by the Twilight Shinobi to silence enemies.

While Key Held:

• MP Cost: 34 MP/second
  • Effect on Self: Invisible, Pet Stasised & Stunned

When Key Released:

• MP Cost: 115
  • Shots: 3 (Arc Gap: 20o)
  • Damage: 277-304
  • Projectile Speed: 30 tile(s)/second
  • Lifetime: 320 milliseconds
  • Range: 9.6 Tile(s)
  • Effects: Dazes for 2.2 seconds (+0.25 seconds for every 5 Wisdom > 70)
  • Cooldown: 3.2 seconds

Feed Power: 1,270
Fame Bonus: 7%

Twilight Shozoku

An ancient vesture worn by the most elite of secret warriors.

Stat Bonuses: +115 MP, +7 Defense, +4 Attack, +4 Wisdom
Feed Power: 1,005
Fame Bonus: 5%

Ancient Kakute

A deadly ring with two spikes on the tip, useful for striking enemies and causing additional damage.

Stat Bonuses: +70 MP, +4 Attack, +4 Wisdom, +2 Defense
Feed Power: 970
Fame Bonus: 4%

Set

image image image image

Thanks for reading.
Tell me what you think of the stats and the sprites.
And remember to leave a like if you liked the concept. :smile:

I love it :grinning:

But where does it drop?

Nowhere yet.
not open for suggestion either.

^ Really nice sprite.

Is this a reference to something?

What’s the arc gap on the kunai?

hmm the idea is rly cool but we have so many mana items in the game and i dont ninja should have so much mana what if you change stats for armor and ring ? Or what is the idea of so much mana

For the ability

With a lv 100 mheal you can perma invisible with the ability, rework please

Perma invis and perma stunned, wouldn’t be very useful I’d say.

Added pet stasis anyway.

The 100 mheal pet wouldn’t matter cuz of pet stasis

This is a great set

weird numbers but ok

The katana is the etherite of the katanas. Overall, I think it’s relatively balanced, sacrificing piercing, firing rate, and a significant amount of range for a relatively massive damage increase. The sprite for the katana is nice but the projectile shot doesn’t really work with the color scheme of the set.

The star is interesting. Overall, I see it as pretty balanced but maybe instead of quiet, have some form of new status effect similar to sick which stops MP increase rather then only pet stasising. The biggest problem that I find with the star’s ability is that it doesn’t actually work well with the katana as you’re stunned while you’re cloaked.

Armor is understandably offering a lot of mp to work with the the star. However, once more, we have a disconnect between the katana and the rest of the set. The katana requires getting within melee sound but as this armor sacrifices a significant amount of defence for mp, getting within damaging range would be relatively difficult. The armor also appears a bit too bright for the rest of the set

The ring is a typical st ring… Cool.

Personal suggestion. I know that you wanted a new star but this set would work perfectly with the armoring star

The projectile color was mainly chosen to suit the name of the Katana and fit the theme of it manifesting lightning from the blade itself.

There was the argument raised by a few people that you could be invisible for a very long duration. I originally opted for Weak, but then just went safe with stunned to make sure it wasn’t overpowered.

The way I tried to make it work well with the katana is that the shots Daze enemies which will result in less hits being absorbed and since many enemies are not immune to it, it could serve useful.

The original ability was going to Pierce, Armor Pierce and give the player Damaging. But once again I decided to balance it properly just to be sure that it wouldn’t be received too badly.

I’m open to suggestions for improving the ring, for the whole set I just played it safe unlike usual where I go all out and end up with an overpowered end result.

In response to the defense issue, I was inspired by true japanese ninjas which didn’t use much armor (if any), but instead could be stealthy, fast and powerful. So the aim of this set was to make the player a “glass cannon”. Obviously another extremely situational UT set, but the items as individuals are still nice.

Color scheme is closer to a springs mid day than a twilight.

OP added pet stasis in response to my post…

Perma Invis makes you the ultimate rushing class… don’t really need to shoot while rushing halls let’s say

Yeah but your MP won’t regenrate at a fast rate unless you use MP pots, so you can’t perma-invis with this ability.

Looks like something that drops from magic woods tho…

I definitely love the Kunai, stunning yourself and making yourself invisible.
But 34/MP a second as well as pet stasis means you won’t be using it for a long time. Even with the +185.