UDL rework

I went into a UDL with 80 people. ):

There should not be a population limit on the UDL, the chest hp-scales and it’s soulbound is low. If you didn’t get anything that’s just bad luck, it doesn’t drop anything guaranteed. I’ve seen lots of people getting angry from people calling but it doesn’t matter at all, it only really lowers your chance of getting soulbound on Septavius.

Why would you want a lower player limit? More ppl=more loot. Every single st I’ve gotten from udls have had 5-20 people in them. The last st I got had 20-30 actually.

Wow. “Best” I’ve seen is 29 at a time. I do tend to play though at anti-social hours when Realms are far from full.

It’s just for this event, just because there are lots of people doing udl’s right now doesn’t mean the dungeon needs to change.

I’ve been able to solo a few when I play on my rogue. Try that.

I was getting udls with 20 people that I missed the mark from. The faster classes rush ahead and if you tp you get 1 second of no shooting which is all these warriors need to push this boss to virtually no health left. If I’m on a slow class I just have to hope I can hit the boss a couple times on the next phase before it gets instad.

It’s basically impossible to not get sb on the chest though.

From the boss or the chest? I’m gonna go ahead and call bs if you got sb on the boss with a level 10 huntress. You wouldn’t have enough speed and the 1 second of no shooting is all FIFTY FIVE people need to insta a boss like septavius with no health scaling. This is one of the few dungeons that I can say calling actually hurts some peoples loot chances.

Don’t get me wrong though, you should just find a less populated realm, overcalling isn’t a problem. I’m just simply telling you that it’s true that overcalling affects loot.

If the dungeon drop rates were raised, people would have no incentive to buy keys. If no one bought keys, DECA wouldn’t make money, which is their ultimate goal as a business. As long as the lag in the dungeon isn’t high enough to bring on another instance of the Great Ice Tomb Massacre of 2017, they’re fine with the high-population dungeons. Thus, I doubt that this will ever go into effect.

chest doesnt drop dbow

The threshold of septavius is <313, so I think its possible to do it with good equips

Its actually more possible to get loot with bad characters in this opportunity. Since there are so many people, everyone only has a limited opportunity to do dps, and because of the limited time frame, everyones dps is about the same. Compare this to when you have a few people and the good characters do massive amounts of damage given the larger time frame, while the bad characters do considerably less. Ive seen this happen quite a few times, such as where a lvl 18 knight with like a t5 sword got the st staff from boss.

If you do 10 dps and they do 1000 dps then in 1 second you do 10 damage and they do 1000 and in 10 seconds you do 100 and they do 10,000. I fail to see how a shorter time frame allows you a higher percentage of damage. And my point was you don’t move fast enough to keep up meaning you would have to tp and that 1 second is all 55 people need to insta the boss.

I’m sure you could get damage if you tped right when they got to the boss but that still does make overcalling a pain since it requires you to focus on your map and tp at the precise time, not too early and not too late, to get loot from the boss.

First off there there isnt any weapon or ability that gives such staggering amounts of dps in such short time. Dbow, and other high damage dealing weapons have too slow of a fire rate and if calculated every single ut and mid-high tier weapon should have about the same dps in such short amounts of time. There is no way anyone could stand out dps wise. Even if someone did, there’s more than one person getting soul bound.

Your point that you don’t move fast enough doesn’t make any sense whatsoever.

1. Tping in a udl is in no way hard. You just look at the yellow dot, and press teleport when they gets close to septavius. No problem there right?
  2. Even if you were late, Septavius has as an invincibility phase, giving you plenty of opportunities to deal soulbound damage.

Honestly, overcalling doesn’t really affect a whole lot. It gives more people a chance at loot, and other people rush for you, and if you choose to rush and don’t make it that’s your own fault.

I bet Septavius is too…

My point was you don’t move fast enough to be the first one to get to the boss meaning you HAVE to tp and just that simple requirement of paying attention to tp at the right time to be able to damage the boss is extra work due to overcalling justifying anyone who complains over an overcall. Him being level 10 in a group of 55 couldn’t have gotten anymore than 1 hit on the boss anyways and he didn’t have enough attack for anything but a dbow to hit sb with one hit.

It’s call dps because it’s in 1 second. Wtf does this even mean? Dps isn’t calculated over anything more than a second so my point was how does your dps change from 1 second to 10?

This actually is bs. Every overcalled udl I have been in if the majority of people tped late then septavius was literally instad on the next phase giving you only 1 other lucky chance requiring you to be able to hit a shot in ~0.5 seconds, and that’s if it didn’t get instad first phase.

Lmao, simple math, the less times you multiply two similar numbers with an integer the less difference there is.
Lets just suppose you have a weapon dealing 200 and 250. In 1 second, the difference in damage dealt is 50. If you have 10 seconds, its 2000 and 2500. That’s quite a large difference in terms of soulbound. Any higher than that will only give more guaranteed soulbound to the person dealing 250 dps. So if you had 55 people, septavius will be killed in a much shorter amount of time. Each person thus can only have the capability to deal less damage and the damage dealt is in a close range since at such short intervals of time. Dex and att will play key roles in increasing and decreasing total damage so it falls into an equilibrium. Yes your dps itself might not change, but looking at the big picture, there’s a clear difference with more time given.
And as I said before, it isn’t hard watching a yellow dot get closer to a red dot and clicking teleport.

Theoretically you actually have a higher probability of getting loot in larger groups, just that it has to be spread out of a larger number of players. Idk the limit to how many people can get udl drops, but if there wasn’t a limit to number of higher level drops, most people would get wis at least. And as for the people who do and don’t get loot in a large udl, that just rng, which isnt affected by whether or not you overcall.

Soulbound is a percentage of the bosses health. You won’t get closer to hitting that percentage if the boss dies faster, like wtf. Yes there is less of a difference between your damage and theirs but the point is your dps stays the same and 10 seconds gets you more damage than 1. How does more people and the boss dying faster get you more loot? There is more for the guarantee to randomize to as well.

The math is simple but it didn’t make any sense so I assumed you were smarter than that and tried to make sense of what you said. Thanks for clarifying.

Hard? No. Extra effort that can be avoided by not overcalling? Yes. The entire point of my post was justifying the overcall hate. So far you have presented to me that you have no idea how soulbound works and you even showed that you understood overcalling required you to exert extra effort. Overcall hate justified.

@CaesarVIII

Pretty sure that’s how it works.

holy ATrapper liked this even though i just copy pasted what he wrote xd

I don’t think it’s a problem since you don’t have to do alot of damage on the chest to get sb, but I agree that getting many people in a udl is annoying lmao.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.