Ultimate Mystic Class Guide

I decided to go back to doing this.

As always, first things first. Let’s go into the stats, then get to the equipment of choice and the other good stuff.

From these stats, we can figure out a few things:

• She deals considerably less damage than the other Staff classes

• She has little HP (like all of the other Robe classes)

• She has more SPD than the other Staff classes (making her decent for rushing, combined with ability)

Highest Achievable Stats:

STAVES

Let’s start with Staves, since they are the Mystic’s weapon of choice.

• Staff of Cosmic Whole (T12) - A great primary weapon with solid DPS

• Staff of Esben (UT) - A weaker staff mainly used for the SPD bonus and shooting around walls

• Tezcacoatl’s Tail (UT) - A powerful and arguably rare weapon that ignores DEF at the cost of a low rate of fire. Great for enemies with high DEF, such as in the Parasite Chambers.

• Staff of Extreme Prejudice - A very situational staff usually only for Chests.

• Staff of Unholy Sacrifice - Never had one. Cannot speak from experience, although the DPS seems nice.

ORBS

The Mystic’s ability, the Orb, is a magical item that gives the target the Stasis effect, which freezes them. While in Stasis, these enemies cannot attack nor move, but players cannot attack them either.

• T0 Orb - A cheap Orb that allows you to escape situations without annoying other players with long Stasis durations

My Thought: A T0 Orb is something any Mystic should always keep around. It looks helpless, but can actually find several uses throughout the game.

• T6 Orb - A good Orb for long-duration Stasis; great for rushing, but costs quite a bit of MP

My Thought: The default good Orb for general use.

• Enchantment Orb - Not too rare, and good for Cursing enemies without the Stasis interfering. A nice item to have around.

My Thought: Dungeons where this Orb shines include UDL, dirty Crawling Depths, and pretty much any boss fights that include unwanted minions that must be put to Stasis.

• Orb of Conflict - Very rare, but excellent for getting your damage in, something that the Mystic often lacks. Also fine for rushing, as the Speedy effect can help run through dungeons quickly.

My Thought: An epic item that strengthens the Mystic’s weakness (low DPS) and also strengthens the Mystic’s strength (rushing) as well.

• Orb of Aether - A mix between an Orb and a Trap; a great ability against bosses and large groups of enemies. The paralyze and slow can really help.

My Thought: A fun item that finds several uses. A pleasant surprise whenever you get one from the Mountain Temple.

• Soul of the Bearer - Essentially a more expensive Conflict Orb; usually only used for ST completion or against single enemies like Oryx, O2, etc.

My Thought: Too expensive MP-wise to be used as a main, although players with maxed Divine Pets may beg to differ. I had it once but didn’t like it too much.

sorry for honey orb lovers, i wont be covering it here

ROBES

What Robe you wear is purely up to your play-style. Fortunately for you, I’m going to go through most of them, and YOU can match up to YOUR play-style!

• Robe of the Grand Sorcerer - The default top Robe that gives DEF, MP, ATT, and WIS. If you want your Mystic to have more ATT (which is usually the case) and more Stasis uses, this is the Robe for you.

• Robe of the Mad Scientist - A near-identical GSorc. The only difference is that the Mad Robe loses 1 WIS in exchange for 2 VIT. Definitely not worth the grind, but a nice item to get.

• Tlatoani’s Shroud - A pure MP-style Robe that gives no DEF. Dangerous, but good for players that are confident in their dodging and defensive stats.

• Soulless Robe - The ultimate Robe for those who love safety. Giving the most DEF and HP out of all Robes, it is good for players who don’t need extra ATT, and MP-related stats.

• Shendyt of Geb - A Robe that gives HP, VIT, and WIS along with one of the most DEF out of the Robes. Great for players who want more WIS for the WIS-mod.

• Toga Picta / Garment of the Beast - Both Robes give +8 ATT, a huge amount and very useful for the Mystic, who lacks DPS. Those who don’t need DEF, but want ATT will want one of these.

• Water Dragon Silk Robe - Perhaps one of the best all-around Robe for the Mystic. It gives SPD (for better rushing), ATT (for more DPS), and WIS (for WIS-mod) while sacrificing a bit of DEF.

• Ritual Robe - Giving a staggering +15 WIS, this is THE best Robe for WIS-mod. Period.

RINGS

Again, this is purely up to your play-style, except Rings are more diverse.

• Ring of Unbound Health / Ring of Decades - The pretty much go-to ring of choice. Helps any character survive longer, although Decas are quite expensive. UBHP is usually fine, as the difference is only 10 HP.

• Experimental Ring - Although Health Rings are arguably better in my opinion, Expos are a cheap way to get HP, MP, DEF, and VIT.

• Bracer of the Guardian / Ring of the Pyramid / Ring of the Nile - All of these Rings are the best all-around Rings because they give both defensive and offensive stats. If you want more HP, go with Pyra, and if you want MP and more ATT+DEF, go with Bracer.

• Crown of the Forgotten King - One of the best Rings in the game. It gives a healthy bonus of HP as well as an impressive bonus of offensive stats as well.

How To Play The Mystic CORRECTLY

First sentence to get across: USE YER HP POTS. The Mystic is extremely squishy and often cannot kill enemies fast enough, meaning you’ll most likely eat a lot of projectiles. I personally find myself going through the HP pots way faster than on other classes. Use the Guild Hall to its full advantage. True, it gets annoying when you constantly have to take the extra time to get them…but it’s worth it. Taking the extra ten seconds could just let you finish that epic dungeon or even save your life.

Second sentence to get across: Orbs can be SO USEFUL. Enemies with Stasis-immunity can still be inflicted Curse, making them much easier to kill. Seriously, it saves a ton of time.

Stasis-Immune Enemies include:

• Malphas

• Royal Cnidarian

• Son of Arachna

• Davy Jones

• Jon Bilgewater

• Esben

• Shaitan

• Dr. Terrible

• All LOD Bosses

• All Haunted Cemetery Bosses

There’s actually a ton of them. The full list can be found here.

THE SECRET TO BEING IMMUNE TO ALL DEBUFFS (NO HACKS 2019)

VACCINATE YERSELF

The mystic is low in defense, so take full advantage of the range of the staff and keep to a safe distance. If you find yourself overwhelmed you can stasis enemies and gain some control over the pace of the battle. When you aren’t stasising, you’re cursing and you may find it tricky but it’ll take you far if you learn how to curse enemies without stasising them. This can be done because the curse radius is larger than the stasis radius so you just need to point your ability slightly away from your target. If you have the Magic Heal, you can keep up a personal berserk buff from the t5-t6 orbs to make up for the dps mystic has normally. (Credits: @Campfires)

External Tips

@Stellalumi

1.) In your “how to play mystic correctly” you don’t adequately answer the most important question: When do I stasis?

I have a lot to say in response to this question but instead I’ll try to heavily condense my thought process around stasis. The silver rule of any stasis is to NEVER have nothing to do- this sounds redundant and unnecessary, but if you’ve ever thought back to any “bad mystic” moments you’ve experienced- it’s always angry players waiting to get back into the game because the stasis is making them wait and do nothing. A mysterious crystal becoming stasised, and there’s nothing to really do but just wait for the stasis to end. My golden rule is simply an inversion of the silver rule: Always have something to do- always make sure the stasis assists in what you’re trying to do. Mystic (along with trickster) is probably the most creative class with her ability, and to just list off a bunch of different uses of stasis wouldn’t really do it justice.

However, since this is a mystic guide (aimed towards those less experienced I’d imagine) there’s going to be a need for some concrete examples. I trust that since you’re writing a mystic guide that you can go and find the examples yourself.

2.) The second part of “how to play mystic correctly” that you also don’t mention at all is the actual skill work of positioning your cursor- this is more complicated than other classes (aside from trix, again)!

Unlike 12 other classes in the game, the Mystic cannot simply just aim the cursor at whatever enemy she’s shooting at and occasionally press spacebar when she needs to. A mystic will often have to offset the cursor a certain distance away from the target in order to avoid the second most common cause of mystic hate- which is accidental stasis.

The ranges of curse and stasis are listed on the tooltip (as diameter, not radius!) and aren’t easily discerned in game- mystic lacks the helpful circular AOEs that precisely shows their ranges (unlike Huntress). The High Particles stasis effect is also greatly overexaggerated and doesn’t really help that much aside from giving you eyesores. There are also many different configurations to aiming- as the goal isn’t always just “curse as much as you can and stasis nothing”. Sometimes, you may want to stasis a specific enemy or group of enemies- sometimes you may wish to stasis an entire group (either for safety or for making killing easier by inverting stasis immunity [an older guide details this more]).

This is also why mystics tend to die more easily than even wizards- there’s a considerably greater mental load to aiming that dodging is usually lower on their attention span. This is really something that can only be learned through practice, and is often the deciding factor between a reliable mystic and an unreliable mystic. A reliable mystic can aim their ability properly, which means in stasis rushes they will need less ability uses to achieve their goal. They can also keep their curses up more consistently on key targets and have enough concentration on dodging that they won’t die.

3.) “Enemies with Stasis-immunity can still be inflicted Curse” can be better worded.

A good rule of thumb is that ALL bosses are stasis immune. While there are very few particular bosses that CAN be stasised, as well as some interesting non-bosses that are immune, these are better learned through play or looked up on the spot when the player actually needs this information.

Therefore, it’s not bad practice for mystics to aim their cursor DIRECTLY on bosses- as a general rule of thumb with some exceptions.

4.) I don’t exactly agree with the way you compare Orbs. Let me explain…

If for some reason you only have the inventory space to carry one orb, let it be a T5/6 Orb. However, this is practically never the case. As mystic is generally a creative crowd-controlling class, more options are better than less. It’s safe to say for a mystic that aside from redundant tiereds, they should be holding on to EVERY orb they get their hands on. Therefore, most orbs can be classified as VERY useful- and should be considered when deciding how and where you’re going to use Mystic.

• Low-tier orbs: Every mystic should have one of these. A T0 is not ideal as T1 also carries a free curse with the same mana cost. T2, T3, and T4 may be considered individually depending on the use case. T4 tends to be a safety-oriented orb, ideal for general use in the Realm, though more efficient options exist. T3 is the ideal for large low-speed (i.e. not all players are maxed spd) coordinated rushes, such as in Pub Halls. T2 and T1 are ideal for solo rushes, or for highly coordinated high speed rushes.
  • High-tier orbs: T6 is better than T5, so only use T5 if that’s what you happen to have. T6 should be your go-to orb for efficient cursing, as it carries the highest wisdom-scaling curse stats of any orb. T6’s curse range is huge- a well placed T6 can curse practically everything on the screen at once (far more efficiently than any other class can >.>).It also has a more efficient berserk than T5, which may not be relevant to most players aside from those with very high Magic Heal. There is also enough stasis time in these orbs to keep an enemy suppressed for when you’re quite not sure of what to do, or when you are saving yourself/others from drags or other bad situations.
  • Orb of Sweet Demise: The most versatile UT orb. Yes, slow is a very common debuff- but yours is particularly powerful. With the instant-proc of orbs, you basically cannot miss this slow from any distance, compared to the skillshots of Archer/Huntress. However, the slow range being lower than the stasis range means that your ideal targets are stasis immune targets. This can be used to “filter away” enemies that are surrounding a boss or other stasis-immune key target while simultaneously slowing the boss itself. The low stasis time means that a swapout is better suited for rushing/defensive purposes, but also means that when stasising is inevitable/accidental, it doesn’t really hurt you too much.
  • Orb of Aether: Highly situational, yet highly powerful orb. Has a much cheaper perma-paralyze than Huntress, but does so at many costs. Often, you will want to use this when a boss/enemy is moving a specific known path, or generally doesn’t move much from a fixed origin. The moment your target moves outside of the range of this item is the moment you’ve wasted mana and left yourself vulnerable. This also has a hidden strength against paralyze-immune bosses- being able to “filter out” paralyzed enemies while the slowed boss moves away from the pack (like a Crusade Commander). The biggest weakness of this orb is the cooldown- you cannot switch to any other orb for the 5 seconds of the trap’s placement, which means that you will often be left vulnerable in situations where you are often using the orb offensively (which is more often than you’d think).
  • Soul of the Bearer: A niche orb whose only strength is speedy when you don’t have a Conflict. With that being said, speedy is very strong on a class who maxes at 60SPD, and provided you have good dodging skills, it can even serve as a potent rushing tool. (With that being said, any sane mystic rusher uses a low tier orb) Don’t bother using this for berserk/stasis, as T6 is far more efficient.
  • Orb of Conflict: An ultra-rare version of the Soul of the Bearer with the potential of perma-speedy (only relevant to high Magic Heal). However, it’s important to note this orb’s DPS DOES NOT beat out T6 orb when compared singularly- the magic of this orb is using it in combination with T6. Berserk, Damaging, and Curse is a terrifying combo that can only be achieved in groups or from a Conflict Mystic, and this allows you to absolutely shred through content solo. This orb also has a niche 7 seconds of stasis, longer than any other orb. This is useful when you just need to keep something stasised AS LONG AS POSSIBLE.
  • Orb of Terror: An ultra-rare Conflict clone with the cooldown of an ST orb. Generally only usable as an ST orb, so see the notes on Soul of the Bearer.
  • Enchantment Orb: Possibly the worst orb to exist yet. Let me explain: The “highest stasis range” is absolutely useless when it’s on top of your character. Have you ever seen a robe class get within <2 tiles of a dangerous enemy and live? You are risking permadeath just to be able to prooobably cast your ability and land it. The curse- while having the convenience of not needing to adjust for stasis, is wholly inferior to T6’s curse in every way. The mana cost doesn’t exactly make up for this easier. My advice would be to learn how to use T6 and never actually have to consider using this item.

5.) Armor and Rings- something important to note is your goal when building for Mystic.

• HP/DEF: These stats work the same on Mystic as any other long-range class. If you are new to mystic, you may want to pack a little extra of these as you will not have developed the skill to dodge and stasis reliably.
  • VIT: Useless. Vitmod may prove me otherwise but there’s just better investments at the moment.
  • SPD: Speed is a great stat for mystics to have- often mystics have a significantly higher control over the battlefield when they’re able to outrun the pack. I usually like to build so that I at least have +6 SPD.
  • WIS: Helps you be a more consistent mystic by landing curse more reliably. A high-wis Mystic build has incredible unmatched cursing potential, though may suffer from missing out on other stats. Most of the time you’ll get this from your robe.
  • MP: Mana economy is very important for a mystic- an empty mana bar means that you have to play like a wizard with horrendous DPS. Often times, when you’re actually stasising and not just cursing, you will often need to land spurts of ability presses rather than evenly spaced ability uses, so a good reserve of this can be absolutely amazing. I usually try for at least +100 MP in my mystic builds.
  • ATT/DEX: Wholly optional. It’s a good pick for mystics who are dual T6/Conflict buffing as your niche becomes more of “overpowered soloist”. However, for the mystics without Conflict and high Magic Heal, there’s just better stats to get than these.

SUMMARY

When played correctly, the Mystic is seriously great. They can make the difference between a grueling Shatters/LH and a quick run. They can slip away from trouble at the press of the Space bar.

MENTIONABLE LINKS

I feel as if you could have done better with the “How to Play the Mystic Correctly” part, allow me to tell you what I would have said:

The mystic is low in defense, so take full advantage of the range of the staff and keep to a safe distance. If you find yourself overwhelmed you can stasis enemies and gain some control over the pace of the battle. When you aren’t stasising, you’re cursing and you may find it tricky but it’ll take you far if you learn how to curse enemies without stasising them. This can be done because the curse radius is larger than the stasis radius so you just need to point your ability slightly away from your target. If you have the Magic Heal, you can keep up a personal berserk buff from the t5-t6 orbs to make up for the dps mystic has normally.

Wait a second I disagree…
I feel that the only reason to play mystic is because of the ability.
Otherwise, just go wizard or necro, they have better stats.

Ultimate class guide to mystic: When it is completely vital to NOT stasis anything, smash that spacebar. Thank you :slight_smile:

For the cult staff, you can stasis in front of you with a cheap orb, and shoot enemies behind you that are chasing at the same time.
Also good if you want the berserk or speedy buff but you dont want to stasis your targets.
Thats why I only use it on mystic, it works perfectly with the ability

I would say it is essentially a cheaper Conflict.

Why would you say that? Soul of the Bearer costs 150 MP per use and has a huge 6 second cooldown, while Conflict has no cooldown and costs 100 MP per use. Soul of the Bearer has a slightly higher speedy time but that is made pointless because of the cooldown.

“Mystic is not dependant on her ability” ???

…yeah, I don’t think that’s quite right either…

You mentioned some of the set items, but failed to consider them as a whole. It is one of the best sets in the game, boosting all areas with no major weaknesses. You get +12 att for DPS, +3 speed on top of 60 for the best speed of any normal robe build, +10 def for a total of 50, more even than most leather armour builds, and +100HP for melee-like HP.

And in case that’s not enough DPS and speed, the ability gives you Berserk + Speedy. Yes there‘s a cooldown but with maxed wis and wismod you get about 5 seconds use for every 1 second cooldown, as long as you have the MP.

The only downside is no Curse. But you can carry a tiered orb for times when it’s useful – you get to keep the def boost with only 3 items. Also you can spam a tiered orb, if you want to e.g. stasis a whole lot of things.

I updated the guide.

heya, huge mystic main and former halls raid leader here: I have a lot of opinions personally about how a guide like this should be written so to avoid writing up a whole essay I’m just gonna pick out a few things and make suggestions:

1.) In your “how to play mystic correctly” you don’t adequately answer the most important question: When do I stasis?

I have a lot to say in response to this question but instead I’ll try to heavily condense my thought process around stasis. The silver rule of any stasis is to NEVER have nothing to do- this sounds redundant and unnecessary, but if you’ve ever thought back to any “bad mystic” moments you’ve experienced- it’s always angry players waiting to get back into the game because the stasis is making them wait and do nothing. A mysterious crystal becoming stasised, and there’s nothing to really do but just wait for the stasis to end. My golden rule is simply an inversion of the silver rule: Always have something to do- always make sure the stasis assists in what you’re trying to do. Mystic (along with trickster) is probably the most creative class with her ability, and to just list off a bunch of different uses of stasis wouldn’t really do it justice.

However, since this is a mystic guide (aimed towards those less experienced I’d imagine) there’s going to be a need for some concrete examples. I trust that since you’re writing a mystic guide that you can go and find the examples yourself.

2.) The second part of “how to play mystic correctly” that you also don’t mention at all is the actual skill work of positioning your cursor- this is more complicated than other classes (aside from trix, again)!

Unlike 12 other classes in the game, the Mystic cannot simply just aim the cursor at whatever enemy she’s shooting at and occasionally press spacebar when she needs to. A mystic will often have to offset the cursor a certain distance away from the target in order to avoid the second most common cause of mystic hate- which is accidental stasis.

The ranges of curse and stasis are listed on the tooltip (as diameter, not radius!) and aren’t easily discerned in game- mystic lacks the helpful circular AOEs that precisely shows their ranges (unlike Huntress). The High Particles stasis effect is also greatly overexaggerated and doesn’t really help that much aside from giving you eyesores. There are also many different configurations to aiming- as the goal isn’t always just “curse as much as you can and stasis nothing”. Sometimes, you may want to stasis a specific enemy or group of enemies- sometimes you may wish to stasis an entire group (either for safety or for making killing easier by inverting stasis immunity [an older guide details this more]).

This is also why mystics tend to die more easily than even wizards- there’s a considerably greater mental load to aiming that dodging is usually lower on their attention span. This is really something that can only be learned through practice, and is often the deciding factor between a reliable mystic and an unreliable mystic. A reliable mystic can aim their ability properly, which means in stasis rushes they will need less ability uses to achieve their goal. They can also keep their curses up more consistently on key targets and have enough concentration on dodging that they won’t die.

3.) “Enemies with Stasis-immunity can still be inflicted Curse” can be better worded.

A good rule of thumb is that ALL bosses are stasis immune. While there are very few particular bosses that CAN be stasised, as well as some interesting non-bosses that are immune, these are better learned through play or looked up on the spot when the player actually needs this information.

Therefore, it’s not bad practice for mystics to aim their cursor DIRECTLY on bosses- as a general rule of thumb with some exceptions.

4.) I don’t exactly agree with the way you compare Orbs. Let me explain…

If for some reason you only have the inventory space to carry one orb, let it be a T5/6 Orb. However, this is practically never the case. As mystic is generally a creative crowd-controlling class, more options are better than less. It’s safe to say for a mystic that aside from redundant tiereds, they should be holding on to EVERY orb they get their hands on. Therefore, most orbs can be classified as VERY useful- and should be considered when deciding how and where you’re going to use Mystic.

• Low-tier orbs: Every mystic should have one of these. A T0 is not ideal as T1 also carries a free curse with the same mana cost. T2, T3, and T4 may be considered individually depending on the use case. T4 tends to be a safety-oriented orb, ideal for general use in the Realm, though more efficient options exist. T3 is the ideal for large low-speed (i.e. not all players are maxed spd) coordinated rushes, such as in Pub Halls. T2 and T1 are ideal for solo rushes, or for highly coordinated high speed rushes.

• High-tier orbs: T6 is better than T5, so only use T5 if that’s what you happen to have. T6 should be your go-to orb for efficient cursing, as it carries the highest wisdom-scaling curse stats of any orb. T6’s curse range is huge- a well placed T6 can curse practically everything on the screen at once (far more efficiently than any other class can >.>).It also has a more efficient berserk than T5, which may not be relevant to most players aside from those with very high Magic Heal. There is also enough stasis time in these orbs to keep an enemy suppressed for when you’re quite not sure of what to do, or when you are saving yourself/others from drags or other bad situations.

• Orb of Sweet Demise: The most versatile UT orb. Yes, slow is a very common debuff- but yours is particularly powerful. With the instant-proc of orbs, you basically cannot miss this slow from any distance, compared to the skillshots of Archer/Huntress. However, the slow range being lower than the stasis range means that your ideal targets are stasis immune targets. This can be used to “filter away” enemies that are surrounding a boss or other stasis-immune key target while simultaneously slowing the boss itself. The low stasis time means that a swapout is better suited for rushing/defensive purposes, but also means that when stasising is inevitable/accidental, it doesn’t really hurt you too much.

• Orb of Aether: Highly situational, yet highly powerful orb. Has a much cheaper perma-paralyze than Huntress, but does so at many costs. Often, you will want to use this when a boss/enemy is moving a specific known path, or generally doesn’t move much from a fixed origin. The moment your target moves outside of the range of this item is the moment you’ve wasted mana and left yourself vulnerable. This also has a hidden strength against paralyze-immune bosses- being able to “filter out” paralyzed enemies while the slowed boss moves away from the pack (like a Crusade Commander). The biggest weakness of this orb is the cooldown- you cannot switch to any other orb for the 5 seconds of the trap’s placement, which means that you will often be left vulnerable in situations where you are often using the orb offensively (which is more often than you’d think).

• Soul of the Bearer: A niche orb whose only strength is speedy when you don’t have a Conflict. With that being said, speedy is very strong on a class who maxes at 60SPD, and provided you have good dodging skills, it can even serve as a potent rushing tool. (With that being said, any sane mystic rusher uses a low tier orb) Don’t bother using this for berserk/stasis, as T6 is far more efficient.

• Orb of Conflict: An ultra-rare version of the Soul of the Bearer with the potential of perma-speedy (only relevant to high Magic Heal). However, it’s important to note this orb’s DPS DOES NOT beat out T6 orb when compared singularly- the magic of this orb is using it in combination with T6. Berserk, Damaging, and Curse is a terrifying combo that can only be achieved in groups or from a Conflict Mystic, and this allows you to absolutely shred through content solo. This orb also has a niche 7 seconds of stasis, longer than any other orb. This is useful when you just need to keep something stasised AS LONG AS POSSIBLE.

• Orb of Terror: An ultra-rare Conflict clone with the cooldown of an ST orb. Generally only usable as an ST orb, so see the notes on Soul of the Bearer.

• Enchantment Orb: Possibly the worst orb to exist yet. Let me explain: The “highest stasis range” is absolutely useless when it’s on top of your character. Have you ever seen a robe class get within <2 tiles of a dangerous enemy and live? You are risking permadeath just to be able to prooobably cast your ability and land it. The curse- while having the convenience of not needing to adjust for stasis, is wholly inferior to T6’s curse in every way. The mana cost doesn’t exactly make up for this easier. My advice would be to learn how to use T6 and never actually have to consider using this item.

5.) Armor and Rings- something important to note is your goal when building for Mystic.

• HP/DEF: These stats work the same on Mystic as any other long-range class. If you are new to mystic, you may want to pack a little extra of these as you will not have developed the skill to dodge and stasis reliably.

• VIT: Useless. Vitmod may prove me otherwise but there’s just better investments at the moment.

• SPD: Speed is a great stat for mystics to have- often mystics have a significantly higher control over the battlefield when they’re able to outrun the pack. I usually like to build so that I at least have +6 SPD.

• WIS: Helps you be a more consistent mystic by landing curse more reliably. A high-wis Mystic build has incredible unmatched cursing potential, though may suffer from missing out on other stats. Most of the time you’ll get this from your robe.

• MP: Mana economy is very important for a mystic- an empty mana bar means that you have to play like a wizard with horrendous DPS. Often times, when you’re actually stasising and not just cursing, you will often need to land spurts of ability presses rather than evenly spaced ability uses, so a good reserve of this can be absolutely amazing. I usually try for at least +100 MP in my mystic builds.

• ATT/DEX: Wholly optional. It’s a good pick for mystics who are dual T6/Conflict buffing as your niche becomes more of “overpowered soloist”. However, for the mystics without Conflict and high Magic Heal, there’s just better stats to get than these.

While I do appreciate critiques on individual items, it’s important to know what goal you’re shooting for rather than just picking out whatever seems “S-Tier” at the time.

whew, I wrote a little more than I was expecting. hope you find some use in my ramblings! even if uh, i don’t quite play anymore ^-^’.

Whoa. Someone got in-depth! :+1:

I’ll go through the edits for the guide tomorrow since it’s quite late on my side of time. But yeah, thank you!

Fixed it

What grind

This isn’t good advice at all lol

Excellent tips stella.

However there are some points I will have to disagree on:

At around 75-80mheal and above, I would actually prefer T5, since you can permabuff around that level and would not need the berserk efficiency, with the added bonus of having 0.5 seconds shorter stasis duration in case of accidental stasis. Additionally, there is 10 less mp cost so I can spam long-acting stasis more. Nevertheless, the 1% fame bonus does give a pretty big advantage compared to the T5

High risk rushes are more likely to end in demise; while the extra 10 mana cost less compared to the trusty old T3 is enticing, I think the 1% fame is more than worth it.

As a rule of thumb, I would always choose MP>SPD>WIS when choosing item support stats. Wismod for the curse radius is nearly negligible unless you are shooting for over 10wis, and even then the difference can be compensated with better cursor placement. Speed is a great defensive and offensive stat that scales with player skill. You will be able to dodge more shots, and deal damage for a longer time by being able to stay within firing range (the S in DPS); having extra speed also allows you to have better control over the flow of the fights as stella has already explained.

An additional tip for those who want to try using mystics in shatters: have enough mana for at least 2 stasis per group of enemies when rushing the first bridge - it doesn’t matter if you bulk up on mp-items or have spare mp pots as long as you have enough mana for 2 casts of your orb of choice (ideally T5)

Disclaimer: I am in no way, shape or form an expert at using mystics, and I have considerably less experience than steallalumi with using mystics halls. This post is just my personal opinion.

In my opinion, the enchantment orb finds most use in organised lost halls runs where you already get perma-berserked but don’t want to harm the run by accidentally stasising minions/remains. Other than that I agree fully~

Yeah, T5 and T6 are interchangeable based on preference, really, though they both fill the same role. Apologies for making my opinion on that sound a little too objective. I suppose I’m heavily biased towards T6 as usually when you’re spamming high tier orbs (what I do) you are primarily doing so for berserk and curse, in which T6 is generally preferable.

first off, you’re great at mystic :smiley:

and just to add onto that tip, as a mystic rushing to the first bridge in shatters, you will probably need to get a little close to high-number spawns in order to activate every enemy, as enemies are stasis-immune until activated. just try not to press spacebar as soon as they pop up on the edge of your screen.

I can see it has a use for those not comfortable with mystic (which honestly, is a lot of people) but what strayed me away from Enchantment Orb is the poor curse radius, you can barely curse half a Crusade with this orb (while T6 lets you curse half the entire room).

I suppose it also depends on who’s raid leading- some raid leaders witch hunt mystics, others tell mystics to not use orbs at all (rest in peace +20% DPS). An accidental stasis can be frustrating especially when the mindset of these organized raids is efficiency. When I was leading I generally was pretty lenient with accidental stasis but I can see why some would just opt to use the safe cursing orb (while stats-inferior to T6) to have a chill/fun time.

another tip about halls: if you have an Orb of Aether, please don’t use it on a Crusade unless your explicit goal is to increase distance between the Crusade and the group. What happens when trying to aether Crusades offensively is that the Crusade doesn’t get dragged into group, and a wall of projectiles forms in the 4~ tile space between the Crusade and the melees in front. The melees are too scared to push past this wall of bullets (especially when there are torch bearers) and we lose out on a lot of DPS.

Orb of Aether: Highly situational, yet highly powerful orb. Has a much cheaper perma-paralyze than Huntress, but does so at many costs. Often, you will want to use this when a boss/enemy is moving a specific known path, or generally doesn’t move much from a fixed origin. The moment your target moves outside of the range of this item is the moment you’ve wasted mana and left yourself vulnerable. This also has a hidden strength against paralyze-immune bosses- being able to “filter out” paralyzed enemies while the slowed boss moves away from the pack (like a Crusade Commander). The biggest weakness of this orb is the cooldown- you cannot switch to any other orb for the 5 seconds of the trap’s placement, which means that you will often be left vulnerable in situations where you are often using the orb offensively (which is more often than you’d think).

Adding onto this, as a mystic player that has played around with a lot of Aether Orbs, I can also confirm that it’s possible to actually perma-paralyze enemies with this orb, as long as you’re in a safe spot where you won’t get hit my many shots.

As long as you have the spacebar held down for the last couple of seconds the previous Aether Trap was deployed, another Aether trap will be placed down as soon as the other one fires it’s last AoE. If you’re doing it right, you’ll hear the error noise that plays when you can’t use your ability over and over and OVER again until the cooldown ends. You must not press any other key while doing this or the spacebar will stop registering, and you won’t be able to perfectly time the paralyze, which is why I recommended the safe spot bit beforehand. Just thought I might throw that in there.

TL;DR: Aether can also be used as a perma paralysis item by holding down spacebar, as long as danger is not imminent.

This is also why mystics tend to die more easily than even wizards- there’s a considerably greater mental load to aiming that dodging is usually lower on their attention span.

Also, that’s… well, exactly how I slipped on the stone paladin and died with my conflict and omni; trying to stasis ahead in a shatters cause some crasher was dragging stuff. ;w;

NEVER SPEAK TO ME OR MY ORB EVER AGAIN

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.