Unable to enable Hardware Acceleration on Flash Player

Hello. In light of the recent Lost Halls update, I’ve been forced to take part in the public groups. However, incredible lag happens in those Lost Halls, making them pretty much suicidal. I’ve tried to enable every setting to reduce lag but one remains unavailable ; Hardware Acceleration.

For the record I run Windows 10. I’ve tried most solutions Google gave me, none worked. I tried on both Flash Player 18 and the last version, 26. Hardware Acceleration is enabled in the settings by right-clicking when loading the game. I’ve also checked and its enabled in Firefox/IE.

Another big issue is that, Hardware Acceleration is able to work ; I have it enabled when playing on the Steam client compared to Flash. I however cant play on the Steam client because of its major issue : the “sticky keys”. As in, you’ll keep moving for some time after going in a direction. Thats incredibly dangerous, and is the reason I play on Flash Player nowadays.

This issue doesnt really make any sense to me anymore. Hardware Acceleration is enabled, and my hardware isnt the issue either (otherwise it wouldnt work on Steam either). Any hindsights on how to make it work with Flash Player ?

Thanks.

easy to fix. If you’re going up, tap your up button a few times, cross-apply to other buttons

Thanks, but this is not what I’m looking for ; I’m looking for help about Hardware Acceleration on Flash Player. Besides, this doesnt fix the issue of sticky keys ; it just circumvents it.

Sorry man been trying to find something but I’m not having much success however one thing it looks like you don’t have that would reduce lag is low quality on flash.

Oh I never noticed that setting ! Thanks, definitely gonna use that now for sure.

-Trusty @Doc

(basically, you’re fucked)

I read that post but I didn’t want to give up about it. He says “flash refuses to allow it if something isn’t compatible”, but if Steam client allows Hardware Acceleration doesn’t it mean it is compatible ? Or I am missing something ?

I don’t know man if doc says it won’t work I tend to just give up on life.

The earth is flat.

What will you do now?

On topic: this is a weird scenario, where one platform works while another doesn’t. The steam client is wrapped in an Adobe AIR container, which I guess gives it some additional tooling it needs for hardware acceleration. I would suggest fully uninstalling Adobe Flash from your computer and all browsers, maybe even going so far as to look up online how to clean out Flash remnants the uninstaller may leave in your file system and registry. Then update your graphics card drivers, and then re-install Flash. If that doesn’t work then i’m stuck. If anyone here has serious depth of knowledge in Flash/ActionScript maybe they will have a more knowledgeable answer, but honestly i’m shooting in the dark myself on this subject.

Give up on life because trusty Doc has failed me.

Shun the non-believer.

Well thanks. I uninstalled Flash and cleaned a bit behind it. Tried to update my graphic drivers but they’re already up-to-date. Reinstalled Flash ; still unable to enable Hardware Acceleration :confused:

Boo. Too bad. :frowning:

What are the specs on your computer? I’m just curious. I was able to use HA on an old Core2Duo laptop running Windows 7 on an Intel GMA X3100 graphics processor. That GPU can handle DirectX 10 and OpenGL 1.5, both of which Flash can use, but I think on Windows it utilizes only DirectX whereas on Linux (and mac?) it uses OpenGL.

Oh so it may be Windows itself then ? Well, thanks Shatter, I’ll try that :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.