Unique Cube Items

I’m back, and I have more terrible ideas.This time it’s for our “friends” the cubes.

Part 1: Shoreline Cubes (Drops in Cyan Bags)

Purple Cube Helm

A helm fashioned from the remains of a Purple Cube. While this helmet does not provide much head protection due to its squishy nature, it does allow for more fluid movement and aiming.

Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • MP Cost: 70
  • Duration: 3 Seconds of Berserk, 4 seconds of speedy on self
  • Range: 3
  • Stat Bonus: +2 SPD, +3 DEX
  • Feed Power: 50

Drops From:

More info

It’s sticky :wink: (Stop The Hurt)

Red Cube Incantation

An odd spell made from the remains of a Red Gelatinous Cube. It seems to hold some of its rage within.

Stats:

• MP Cost: 35
  • Shots: 15
  • Damage: 45-50 (47.5)
  • Total Damage: 675-750 (712.5)
  • Projectile Speed: 10
  • Range: 20

Drops From:

Sacred Cube Tome

The text within the is an illegible pattern of squares.

Stats:

• MP Cost: 60
  • Party Heal: 80 HP
  • Range: 4
  • Cooldown: 2 Seconds
  • Duration: 1 Second of Damaging on Self
  • Stat Bonus: -2 WIS

Drops From:

Part 2: The Cube God Adds (Drops in Whitebags)

Quiver of Squishy Friendship

A relic from an age before the war upon all things not cube.

Stats:

• MP Cost: 100
  • Ability: Tosses 3 Friendly Cube Blasters to aid you in battle for 15 seconds
  • Cooldown: 10 Seconds (Reuse will destroy cubes)
  • Cube Blaster Damage: 50-100 (75)
  • Stat Bonus: +2 DEX, +2 SPD
  • Fame Bonus: 5%
  • Feed Power: 700

Drops From:

Congealed Slime Trap

A deadly trap that covers the prey in corrosive slime upon detonation. A favorite among hunters looking to slay armored beasts.

stats

• MP Cost: 85
  • Arming Duration: 1 second
  • Effective Duration: 15 seconds
  • Trigger Radius: 1.5 squares
  • Damaging Radius: 4 squares
  • Damage: 300
  • Effects: Exposed for 5 seconds
  • Stat Bonus: +2 ATT
  • Fame Bonus: 4%
  • Feed Power: 800

Drops From:

Corroded Skull

A desiccated skull found within an overseer, best not to think about the implications.

Stats:

• MP Cost: 125
  • Damage: 350
  • Heal: 75
  • Heal Range: 3
  • Defense Ignored: 35
  • Fame Bonus: 4%
  • Feed Power: 700

Drops From:

Part 3: The Cube God (Drops in Whitebag)

Seal of Ancient Hatred

An abomination masquerading as a symbol of holiness. It only harbors the maddening hatred of all living things. Is also a sphere.

Stats:

• MP Cost: 100
  • Duration: 4 Seconds of Berserk, Damaging, 6 Seconds of Sick On Self
  • Cooldown: 6 Seconds
  • Party Heal: 3 Seconds of Healing, Berserk
  • Range: 5
  • Fame Bonus: 5%
  • Stat Bonus: -5 DEF, +2 ATT, +2 DEX
  • Feed Power: 1000

Drops From:

Edit 3/14/19: Fixed Low Level UT sprites and stats, added cooldown to quiver/Seal, debuffed Seal.

As always, give me some feedback on these THINGS, I’ll make sure to fix anything within a timely matter.

Part 1

Your Purple Cube Helm is too common of a drop, and is just a slightly modified reskin of the T2 Black Iron Helm with a negative speed bonus.

Your Red Cube Incantation is a reskin of the T0 Fire Spray Spell, with higher mp costs.

Your Sacred Cube Tome is a reskin of the T1 Remedy Tome, with worse slightly healing.

Part 2

Quiver of Squishy Friendship

• 100 MP costs for 2 minute buff, with no cooldown. This feels like an extremely buffed Hivmaster’s Helm.
  • Does not reflect an ability indicative of the Archer class.

Congealed Slime Trap

• Fairly balanced!

Corroded Skull

• A weaker Memento Mori, but has healing capabilities. It looks balanced on paper, but this would require player testing.

Part 3

Seal of Ancient Hatred

• An ability that provides a 100% buff to damage at the cost for sick… I have less than mixed feelings about this. The party buff, the sick, and the stats don’t feel like they balance the overwhelming damage output. Even something like the marble seal is limited by it’s high mp usage and limited mobility relative to the Eye of Marble.
  • I’m not even sure a higher MP cost would fix this however. A paladin could go from outputting 3300 damage to 7500 damage on a whim. The sick could effectively counter this massive power spike if the sick lasted longer than the buff, and the seal had a cooldown…
    – Duration: 3 Seconds of Berserk, Damaging
    – Duration: 6 Seconds of Sick
    – Cooldown: 6 Seconds

Part 1

ACHUALLY, I’ll have you know that is a reskin of a t0 tome and a 1 helm, get it right >:(
but I can see where you’re coming from, I was writing this while I was too tired to care, and it shows in places. So I’ll have to go back and revise those 3. As for the weaker healing, It was supposed to do more, but I have no clue what I’m doing based on the wis mod, didn’t help I was tired out of my mind.

Part 2

cooldown.

This is a bad habit of mine when it comes to archer quivers. For the life time of the cubes, I’ll lower it down significantly, and probably either lower or raise the MP cost depending.

Thanks!

I was gonna have it do more, but I decided the healing was more than enough.

Part 3

spot on right there, I’ll have to balance this one out, thanks for the suggestions on the duration/cooldown aswell.

lmao first time seeing balanced item ideas on this forum gj except 2 mins for the quiver seems a bit long, bcuz the cooldown… yeah…

On a unrelated note, would you guys be interested in me creating visual demonstrations for item use in the future?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Edit: Not counting my own vote btw

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.