Unpopular Opinion on Hackers

Already posted that for you :wink:

Is there any way that I can see sebchoof’s video? I delayed watching it, but now I can’t find it :confused:

A sort of reasonably presented argument but what I don’t get is why you would take a game then remove the challenge from it - kind of defeats the whole purpose of playing.

To me, and I may be misguided, but the point of this isn’t my pixel collection but how I got to that pixel collection.

And yes, one rebuttal: it does affect other players because whilst you’re “carrying other players and helping them out” you’re also depriving them of the challenge of achieving their pixelated dreams.

But ignorance is bliss and you’ve already convinced yourself otherwise so please, carry on making this world a better place…

Thanks xD

The main argument is that even if they aren’t making the world a better place, they aren’t making it any worse so leave them be

Orape…the good ol days

WHY ARE YOU BOOING ME? I’M RIGHT!

The day a hacker gives me some duped decas is the day ill start liking them :slight_smile:

Since non-hackers for the most part would prefer it if hackers weren’t there:

If Deca created a server where an alternate client was allowed, would you hackers use that server or continue to use a non-hacker server?

This seems like a reasonable compromise where everyone can have what they want.

While your thought experiment holds people in good graces, most likely individuals would to continue to abuse the non-hacker server.

With some work, anyone could find the means to start a private server and gain access to a rule free environment, and give themselves any item. But instead, an overwhelming majority would rather play in an environment with non hacking individuals. The simple reason for this is as follows:

The worth of items.

People would rather compete with others, with advantage, than to be in a situation where all competition is gone. Hacking is despised, because of the unfair advantage it gives players, compared to the rest of us. But when you create a server filled with everyone using hacks, no one has a leg up on the next person, and that competition, that pleasure of hacking, is diminished.

The dynamics of hacker v hacker is gone in this situation, because of the model of the game. Because hacking removes the need for skill from the game, realm is reduced to RNG utterly and completely. Whereas in perhaps, Minecraft Anarchy servers such as 2B2T, hackers and non hackers flourish in a server without rules, because:

1. The worth of items are not diminished by hacking.
  2. Hacking does not remove skill from the equation.

Basically, what your statement comes down to is “I won’t like the bad guys until they benefit me, then I love them”.
Also, duping =/= hacking

@Chulvan So when you’re talking about “hackers”, you’re not talking about:

-dupers (despite the fact that duping is that big of an issue because of RWT shops making extensive use of modified clients and scripts to automate and speed up the process)

-draggers and griefers (despite the fact that dragging, dungeon crashing and leeching all benefit from modified clients and are routinely done by cheaters)

-fame trainers (despite the fact that fame trains, even before the new “phantom realm” thing, have been extremely reliant on hacks for years and that fame trainers tend to be the biggest fame exploiters as well, with AFK fame exploits being basically useless without hacks)

-scammers (despite the fact that modified clients and bots are routinely used for scamming other players, especially the “no trade delay” thing)

-pay2win whales (despite the fact that a lot of cheaters have spent a ton of money on this game and we know for a fact there have been cheaters using maxed out divines)

So, if we boil this thing down, your video is just you going “waaah waaah I dindu nuffin leave meh alone :ccccccc” since what you’re saying only seems to apply to yourself.

The part where you get mad at people reporting cheaters is especially funny. What did you think was going to happen? If the idea of getting banned is so unbearable to you, why cheat in the first place??

This game is piss-easy. Once you’ve figured out that the only optimal way to deal with permadeath is to use alts and mules, you’ve already overcome the biggest hurdle RotMG has to offer.

Cheating in a game this simple is basically the same as running around holding a giant neon sign that says “I’M THE DUMBEST MOTHERFUCKER ALIVE PLEASE LAUGH AT ME”.

Then add all the stuff I’ve talked about above that makes them annoying and it’s not hard to understand why legit players don’t want to deal with cheaters and are tired of them.

Maybe instead of bitching and moaning all day about how mean everybody else is, cheaters should take a moment and think about what they’re doing.

smh… this society is lost…

they are great for sacrifice

Yes thats exactly what I’m saying

And thats where he is wrong:

• he already explained in the video why it decreases Decas income
  • it does affect the balance of future content and of drop rates. Everyone is complaining about how it takes years to get some of the rarer whites, but if people would die more often, Deca could increase the drop rates
  • Deca has to spend time on antihack features which they could use on new content or balancing
  • If the server dcs me because of some antihack feature (for example using your ability right after being quieted), then it does clearly affect me
  • Deca can’t make fame boxes with anything good because some people have tons of fame because of exploiting or /following

what gets me is how easily this argument is flipped on its head:

hackers: “if you’ve got a problem with the unusual way we play the game, leave us alone!”

legit players: “if you’ve got a problem with the official way we play the game, leave us alone!”

People spend hundreds of dollars on divine pets to make the game easier and to trivialise all the content in the game yet nobody ever questions that so this clearly isn’t an argument about ‘hackers are bad because what they do is boring!! why make an easy game easier!!??’

One supports the developers of the game
The other one doesn’t and is against ToS; Also directly affects you in some cases

Since we can’t expect every player to have read every forum or reddit thread ever, I’m going to put this as nicely as I can.

Functional pets have been extremely controversial ever since their implementation by Kabam. It’s been years and yet there are still people active on the forums and/or reddit who consider them overpowered and pay2win, there are still discussions on how to nerf them or how to implement petless challenge modes into the game.

So you can rest assured that, just because people shit on cheaters doesn’t mean they can’t also criticize everything else wrong with this game.

(no idea how you somehow managed to miss the metric fuckton of discussions on the subject of pets but again, I can give you the benefit of the doubt).

If you think pets are overpowered, why support hacks that are even more game-breaking?

If you think this game is too hard for you without a maxed out Divine, then why bother even playing it? Seriously if you think RotMG is a choice between coughing up 300$ upfront or downloading shit from sketchy assholes, there’s no reason for you to not leave and play literally any other game instead.