Update on Recent Issues

Cross post

Hello Realmers,

Our team has found a fix for a bug that allowed some players to dupe items. The team is applying the fix to our servers and we will bring up the servers shortly after.

Those players who we found to knowingly and purposely take advantage of the exploit will be having their inventories reverted to the pre-release state and will also be facing a possible ban.

For those of you who lost items due to the glitch, please contact our Customer Support team and they will assist you.

There are currently some visual display bugs with the vault that we will also be fixing soon.

We apologize for the inconvenience and as such we will be granting an Ambrosia and a Mystery ST Chest as compensation to everyone (check in-game shop -> Packs). We thank you for your patience.

Vault deleting items

wonder if i get my golem garmets still :eyes::innocent:

nope

thank god I didnt log in earlier :joy:

speaking of, are the servers still down?

They’re back up. at least AUS is. (nevermind it’s restarting)

Stonks. Got ST Pally Seal. Now I just need Pixie to complete the set.

TY Deca <3

Coffin Dance Intensifies

As easy as the duping glitch was to stumble upon without effort, you have to wonder what the testers were doing all this time. Maybe waiting for release so they could dupe their real gear.

speaking of, have they fixed the vault and gift chest issue? I dont wanna lose any of my stuff, especially my vet token from 2016 :frowning:

I don’t want to lose the character slot that I still haven’t taken out of my gift chest

ngl im kinda nervous about wheather or not I still have all of my items after they said.

:scream:

I think it would have made more sense to suggest that Deca do a PT to test one of the larger changes that could ever be made to both the front and back-end of RotMG to try and iron out all the potential bugs with a larger sample size of players, rather than being toxic towards people who literally volunteer their time for no actual substantial payment because 20 of them can’t substitute for thousands of users live

inb4 you get Chris

“Can you provide me with a list of what exactly was in your vault? If not then you’re lying”

-Chris, probably

Flashbacks of the EA support team

Man I hated that

I’m sure the issue is that it wasn’t tested at scale, but what is the average player supposed to think when they see this? If you think my post is toxic, that’s because I’ve seen this time and time again with each owner. This game has a long history of botched patches and under-utilizing the testing environment.

people who literally volunteer their time for no actual substantial payment

That argument doesn’t hold up when there are literally thousands of players willing, and many of them begging, to take their place.

What does this have to do with the closed testers???

you have to wonder what the testers were doing all this time. Maybe waiting for release so they could dupe their real gear.

says something bad about [x]
“Actually my post wasn’t toxic towards [x] because [y] always does this”

I… suggested a PT. You know, that would allow literally thousands of players to help test the new content, because the PT servers would be accessible to all (except even during PT, the number is more like hundreds if we’re being generous, and even then a good chunk of those people are just using it to practice halls rushing or w/e, so pardon me if I think your estimate is an insane overestimate).

I find it interesting that instead of arguing for "thousands of players willing… begging to become closed testers as well, you argue to take their place, implying you don’t think the current closed testers should be closed testers any more, instead of these players becoming closed testers side by side with the current ones. This is despite the fact you stated:

I’m sure the issue is that it wasn’t tested at scale

This is completely contradictory to actually helping the game improve.

That’s the most I could respond to that second point with, because your refutation of my argument makes absolutely no sense. All of your complaints are towards what Deca is in charge of and the closed testers have no hand in. The closed testers can’t magically will more closed testers into reality, Deca needs to do that. But somehow instead of raising valid concerns against Deca, you attack the closed testers?

You’re taking this as an attack on testers, because of the duping comment, but it is in fact a stab at Deca. The closed testers are their scapegoats.

I’m just gonna leave it at that. I don’t think we’re communicating very well.

Hey guys. Pls tell contacts of support team to create ticket of missing all items from giftboxes after update! Thanks!

Unfortunately, this forum is not owned/run/checked by DECA. If you have feedback for DECA regarding their support management system (I think that’s what you’re communicating here), you will have to contact them through other channels.